[Level 1] Class and Race Information

iaccidentallytwink

Guild Master
Druids

Information: Possibly the least twinked class at level 1. Having limited use in any situation, because it doesn't have anything another class doesn't (Except +25 armor from MotW which stacks with everything). Druids do have one advantage over the competition, which is their spammable abilities. While druids do have the advantage of a 1.5 second casting time, any Pally will outdo their heals, and any mage or lock will outdo wrath damage. Least viable level 1 class.

Abilities:

Healing Touch - On par with other healing spells, yet other classes benefit more from stats, and have better racials.

Wrath - On par with other damage spells, yet other classes benefit more from stats, and have better racials.

Mark of the Wild* - Stackable with everything, Raid buff.

Hunters

Information: Starts with absolutely no "hunter" abilities. No CC ability. The only advantage of a hunter is a 15% increased attack speed with a bow. That, and using [ITEM]Feathered Arrow[/ITEM] will make a hunter crit for 60 easily. Above average DPS, but very little PvP viability because of no ranged special attacks, and a mediocre melee ability, and a completely useless tracking ability.

Abilities:

Autoshot - Main ability, you just stand still and DPS. With haste you can achieve a 93% haste bonus (not counting BoA).

Raptor Strike - Mediocre melee ability. This is, however, your only offensive response to someone getting within range of melee hitting you.

Track Beasts* - Useless PvP ability.

Mage

Information: Great damage, great CC, and overall solid level 1 class. Melee is no match for a good mage, but other casters may serve as trouble. Questionable raid DPS because of hit rating.

Abilities:

Arcane Intellect* - Raid buff.

Fireball - Great damage dealing ability, casttime can be lowered nicely. Overall solid ability.

Frost Armor - Superb kiting ability, will aid in the defeat of many classes, as the mage will easily get away using this.

Paladin

Information: High armor, very good heals, low damage. No offensive spells available, except for a passive buff. Makes for an amazing tank in PvE or a PvP healer.

Abilities:

Devotion Aura* - Raid aura. Great armor increase.

Holy Light - Good heal. Very spammable with mana efficient gear.

Seal of Righteousness - Passive melee enhancement. Not very useful.

Priest

Information: Great for healing, terrible for damage.

Abilities:

Lesser Heal - Very fast and big heal. Great for PvE and PvP.

Power Word: Fortitude* - Raid buff.

Smite - Weak offense cast compared to other classes. Not very viable.

Rogue

Information: Best melee DPS. Can pull out gigantic amounts of DPS unbuffed, hands down great DPS dealer. However, not very effective against classes that have CC.

Abilities:

Eviscerate - Good finisher, will put out more damage than Sinister Strike at 5 points, great for PvE as well.

Sinister Strike - Highly spammable melee ability, greatest source of DPS of any class at level 1.

Stealth* - PvP viable only, will give you the first attack (of first few, depending on the class you are facing and opponent reaction time). Rather useless in PvE unless you are trying not to aggro a mob (allowing the tank to aggro).

Shaman

Information: Great heals, great offensive abilities. Mana efficiency, however, is very questionable. Great hybrid as Shamans can both melee when needed and cast at range.

Abilities:

Healing Wave - Good healing ability, solid for healing in raids. Great for PvP as well.

Lightning Bolt - Solid damage ability.

Rockbiter Weapon* - Great if used correctly, a "spellhance" PvP shaman using 2H + Haste benefits greatly from this.

Warlock

Information: The best caster, and also the level 1 with the most abilities. Not only does it get a trainable ability like the other level 1 classes, but you can get a PET at level 1, provided you get some help. Your imp contributes largely to DPS and PvP interruption. If played correctly, very unstoppable.

Abilities:

Demon Skin - Biggest armor buff to self. Adds heavy mitigation.

Immolate* - Rogues worst nightmare. Making sure they don't restealth after an LoS or Vanish (Nelves) makes this amazing. Having 2 offensive spells at level 1 isn't bad on it's own either.

Shadow Bolt - Main warlock offensive spell. Contributes further to a Warlocks insane PvP DPS.

Summon Imp** - The most unique aspect of a Warlock at level 1. Having a pet that can also cast. An extra ability that adds significant DPS.

Warrior

Information: Capable of having a nice ArP at level 1, this class can have 10% ArP + 1 Rating (From BoA). A great damage dealer when combined with haste, and an overall solid class.

Abilities:

Battle Shout*

Battle Stance - 10% ArP, not bad for level 1.

Heroic Strike - Great damage increase. At level 1 rage isn't much of a problem and this ability should be spammable most of the time if not all.

Racials:

Blood Elf

Magic Resistance - Great against any caster.

Arcane Torrent - Great against any caster, also replenishes energy. One of the best racials.

Arcane Affinity - Useless at level 1.

Draenei

Shadow Resistance - Great against locks.

Heroic Presence - Great in PvE, not much use in PvP as +5 hit to boots caps you out.

Gift of the Naaru - Great racial HoT, scales with your SP/AP, overall great for non-healer classes.

Gemcutting - Useless at level 1.

Dwarf

Stoneform - Great for PvE tanks and almost any class in PvP, preferably mail wearers.

Mace Specialization - Good DPS racial.

Gun Specialization - Great for Hunters.

Frost Resistance - Good for resisting a Mage's CC (Frost Armor). Not much other use in level 1 PvP.

Find Treasure - Interesting ability, but generally servers no combat purpose.

Gnome

Arcane Resistance - Generally useless in almost all situations.

Engineering Specialization - Useless at level 1.

Escape Artist - Useless in level 1 PvP, may prove useful in other PvP/PvE situations.

Expansive Mind - Great caster racial.

Human

Diplomacy - Speed up the Furbolg Pouch runs.

Every Man For Himself - Useless in most PvP cases (vs level 1). Proves useful in PvP and PvE, frees up a trinket slot.

Mace Specialization - Great DPS racial.

Perception - Useful for PvP, find those pesky stealthed rogues!

Sword Specialization - Great DPS racial.

The Human Spirit - Limited use in all situations.

Night Elf

Wisp Spirit - Speeds up your corpsewalks greatly.

Shadowmeld - The greatest racial, along with War Stomp, that could be used at level 1. For rogues, this will effectively allow you to restealth and reopen on your opponent. A unique ability that packs a powerful punch.

Quickness - Great for all classes.

Nature Resistance - Limited usage, especially in PvP.

Orc

Axe Specialization

Blood Fury - Good for all classes, minor DPS/HPS increase, increases whatever stat your class uses. SP, AP, or both.

Command - Very good for Warlocks.

Hardiness

Tauren

Cultivation - Useless to level 1 twinks.

Endurance - An extra 5% base health, which is no more than 7 HP.

Nature Resistance - Limited usage, especially in PvP.

War Stomp - Possibly the best PvP racial, you will get off a free spellcast, maybe even 2 (if stacking haste). Great for getting distance.

Troll

Beast Slaying - Generally useless in PvP, great for some PvE encounters.

Berserking - Good PvP and PvE racial, great DPS/HPS increase.

Bow Specialization - Great for Hunters.

Da Voodoo Shuffle - Useless in level 1 PvP, useful in many other situations.

Regeneration - Considered useless, but with the spirit scaling at level 1 may possibly show some usage.

Throwing Specialization - Useless for the majority of fights.

Undead

Cannabilize - Useful for regenerating health in World PvP.

Shadow Resistance - Good against Warlocks, not many other uses.

Underwater Breathing - Limited usage, especially in PvP.

Will of the Forsaken - Useless in level 1 PvP, may find PvE usability.

* Trainable.

** Quest Reward.

Class/Race combos that go well:

Alliance/Horde

Druids: Night Elf/Tauren

Hunters: Dwarf/Troll

Mages: Gnome/Blood Elf

Paladin: Dwarf/Blood Elf

Priest: Draenei/Blood Elf

Rogue: Night Elf/Blood Elf

Shaman: Draenei/Orc

Warlock: Gnome/Blood Elf

Warrior: Dwarf/Tauren|Orc

Professions:

Just about every situation proves the best combination is Skinning/Herbalism. If you are a tank, you may want Mining/Herbalism. For every other situation, Skinning/Herbalism is your best bet.

Thanks for this, a very useful list.

Nice list but you cant be a priest as Gnome :D

Okay this has to be stickied. Especially with the racial list! A lot of ppl tend to ignore the passive racials! Way to go Thirk. Would love ppl like you in my guild. 1 year and maybe we got cross region transfers:p

EDIT: Note that stealth can easily be used as a "Cloak of Shadow" if used properly. It does happen that you get out of combat and can slip into the dark before he manages to cast a spell on you again. Of course this only works if you're standing at a distance. But it happens:p

Linkani said:
Nice list but you cant be a priest as Gnome :D

Oops. Fixed that.

Boglund said:
Okay this has to be stickied. Especially with the racial list! A lot of ppl tend to ignore the passive racials! Way to go Thirk. Would love ppl like you in my guild. 1 year and maybe we got cross region transfers:p

EDIT: Note that stealth can easily be used as a "Cloak of Shadow" if used properly. It does happen that you get out of combat and can slip into the dark before he manages to cast a spell on you again. Of course this only works if you're standing at a distance. But it happens:p

;_;

I might make a classic account and come to EU.

Boglund said:
You kidding me? Whoa man! Leveling a main too or what? Whats your plan.

If I come to EU I probably won't go past level 1. I'd stick on your realm and play level 1 with you. Maybe roll a 10 or 19 in the long run.

I'd never level a main. I bought my 80 (funny thing is, I xferred it off and that's the account I'm using now, since my old one is banned. All I have is a 27 lock on Scilla.)

iaccidentallytwink said:
If I come to EU I probably won't go past level 1. I'd stick on your realm and play level 1 with you. Maybe roll a 10 or 19 in the long run.

I'd never level a main. I bought my 80 (funny thing is, I xferred it off and that's the account I'm using now, since my old one is banned. All I have is a 27 lock on Scilla.)

BG here is dead, but Officer Vermon created a lvl 10 PvE guild today. 10 members already I believe. So that should be interesting as well.

Thanks for the sticky Natural! (Assuming you did it because you're the most active Supermod).

Twinkytoes said:
Natural is the best mod on this site. End of story.

Isn't he the only one left?

Btw how come you didnt favour Human for any of the classes? Imo 2 min pvp trinket + 2 AGMs is epic. I know bosses where a PvP trinket is really handy. Dar'khan fears you like every 20th second. WAs a mess to kill him.

EDIT: Nvm, I see its hard to really fit in the Human as it has no increases besides spirit, dwarves has more expertise for mace too. I've always favoured human over nelf for rogues. But the shadowmeld is really handy, and it resets threat right, thats epic when raiding. Raid full of nelf rogues would never agro, would love that in my raids. Including the healers.

So just ignore this comment Thirk;)

What ?

Escape Artist (gnome) and Every Man For Himself (human) are some major skills in PvP ! Humans make some good rogues, escape as a gnome saved my hp's in many of my duels.

I don't even know why you recommand night elf for rogues, i think human is the natural class for rogue but still gnomes look better B)

caribou said:
What ?

Escape Artist (gnome) and Every Man For Himself (human) are some major skills in PvP ! Humans make some good rogues, escape as a gnome saved my hp's in many of my duels.

I don't even know why you recommand night elf for rogues, i think human is the natural class for rogue but still gnomes look better B)

a vanish is epic though. Might be the difference between 1 and 2 FA ticks, if you use it properly.

PvE wise ppl should roll nelf, to zero out their threat. Asl othat 2% to avoid meele and ranged hits is beatiful. Better than all of the the avoid magics imo.

EDIT: Human is way better than rogue now though.

Boglund said:
a vanish is epic though. Might be the difference between 1 and 2 FA ticks, if you use it properly.

PvE wise ppl should roll nelf, to zero out their threat. Asl othat 2% to avoid meele and ranged hits is beatiful. Better than all of the the avoid magics imo.

EDIT: Human is way better than rogue now though.
I can see the use of shadowmeld in PvE but what about PvP ? I guess that if you can attack some lvl 15 - 18 your vanish/shadowmeld will do nothing against your ennemy, no ?

Tsss i'm thinking of rerolling a human then... I had some nice stuff on my gnome :'(

Well, yes. Night Elf is more for level 1 PvP. Since with the Cloak enchant you will have the stealth of a level 3.

Otherwise I would recommend a human.

caribou said:
Oh i didn't know for the cloak enchant, but is this enchant enough against high level targets ?

Read my post again. You will have a Stealth level of 3 with the racials and cloak enchant (both add 1 character level). This isn't very sufficient against high level targets (above level 5, I'd recommend human for the trinket).

Users who are viewing this thread