Let's End Toxicity Together! ^_^ :D !!

You forget probably the biggest snag in this plan; like 99% of the best and elitist players don't give a shit about the bad players. They're pretty content with their clique-run wargames and small circles of people they know and play with most often. It's so much easier to just call someone a terrible asshole in game or on the forums than it is to take players under their tutelage to help them improve.

You forget probably the biggest snag in this plan; like 99% of the best and elitist players don't give a shit about the bad players.
Where did you come up with this statistic and how can you prove it

With that kind of tone you basically just proved it
Well no as an "elitist" player, I usually help those I see willing to learn which a lot of people can vouch for. It's a matter if they're not willing to learn is when there is a problem.
I also wouldn't say 99% of elitist player don't give a shit maybe 10% is a more accurate representation.
I dont know what tone you're talking about either I was just curious where he came up with those figures and that statement

Well no as an "elitist" player, I usually help those I see willing to learn which a lot of people can vouch for. It's a matter if they're not willing to learn is when there is a problem.
I also wouldn't say 99% of elitist player don't give a shit maybe 10% is a more accurate representation.
I dont know what tone you're talking about either I was just curious where he came up with those figures and that statement

You elitist nerd fvck.

Where did you come up with this statistic and how can you prove it

It clearly wasn't a literal figure, hence the "like" 99% disclaimer. You happen to be in the like 1% of people that seem to care and be willing to help, furthering my point. Anyone who's spent a significant amount of time on this forum, on TI before it, and in game with the type of elitist players I refer to would vouch for their general disregard for players of lesser skill.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea (albeit a bit dreamy) and I totally support it. I just think the toxicity in this community has been firmly rooted for so long that it'll take nothing short of a miracle to change it. Who knows though, maybe this will take off and be that miracle.

edit: As a further support of my point, look at the list of users who have read this thread down below, and look at how many of those considered to be the best of the best have chimed in to support the idea or offer their tutelage.

Last edited:
So I actually read it and that’s a pretty cool

The hardest part about this is the student willingness to surrender.
Also encourage some people who think they are decent or elite to themselves be a student with someone who’s “intimidating” to them, it will really destroy a lot of ego and bring good vibes to the bracket
I might actually do the student thing if his does end up happening since I always feel superior and shit
[doublepost=1526433140,1526432974][/doublepost]I don’t think I fully expressed myself here

Like this could literally truly bring your bracket together and heal it from toxicity
It’s got it everything, it desensitizes egos and promotes more competitiveness

What I don’t agree with is the nominating of mentor, that’s just more ego driven bs that people are going to be obsessing over, but if there is no other way and it has to be done then yeah I say do it
[doublepost=1526433228][/doublepost]Actually what I would suggest is make a list of certain requirements to be met for a mentor
If you meet them, you meet them if you don’t, you don’t.

Everyone should post their testosterone levels so we can see who can take the heat

You forget probably the biggest snag in this plan; like 99% of the best and elitist players don't give a shit about the bad players. They're pretty content with their clique-run wargames and small circles of people they know and play with most often. It's so much easier to just call someone a terrible asshole in game or on the forums than it is to take players under their tutelage to help them improve.
Just because you've been a bad player since cata doesn't mean you have to get angry
[doublepost=1526616608,1526616477][/doublepost]
Like this could literally truly bring your bracket together and heal it from toxicity

Maybe you should stick to 29s

Just because you've been a bad player since cata doesn't mean you have to get angry

I've been bad since BC friend, give me at least a little credit here.

Users who are viewing this thread