Legion Info | post here!

Shamans -

It seems implied from the blog, but is Fulmination is entirely gone as it stands?
Not as "Fulmination", but the mechanic still exists through building up high Maelstrom and spending it using Earth Shock. (WarcraftDevs)

What does Maelstrom do ?

Could we get an example of reliable Enhancement AOE in Legion? Would appreciated.
Enhancement has a new frontal-cone AoE spell called Crash Lightning, which also causes Stormstrike and Lava Lash to trigger AoEs. (WarcraftDevs)

any info on healing as elemental or enhancement? will it cost maelstrom? or maybe build it?
Healing Surge will cost Maelstrom for both Elemental and Enhancement. (WarcraftDevs)
should do like Flame shock and make it a "0-20" type deal so we can cast lesser heals out of combat etc.
That's currently the plan, in fact! (WarcraftDevs)

Is Maelstrom becoming a new source for enh and ele ? Seems cool.

Maelstrom is replacing mana for enhance and elemental. It was that that mana was not seen as a resource for those two specs. A shaman will build up Maelstrom and "spend" it on abilities.

/cheers

Maelstrom is replacing mana for enhance and elemental. It was that that mana was not seen as a resource for those two specs. A shaman will build up Maelstrom and "spend" it on abilities.

/cheers

That seems like a very cool thing, with insanity for shadow priests as well. It may change the play-styles we make in game, i find these two changes awesome and interesting.

UA requires a soulshard to cast. Agony has a chance to generate a soulshard during its duration. Just speculation but it wouldn't make sense if agony isn't available at the same level as UA is available.

I thought that as well when I read the changes.

But we're not guaranteed to have Corruption :(

Well, essentially all resources are just 100/100, if you want to think about it like that.

If Mana was a 100 point resource, everything would be extremely cheap and the rate of regeneration would be pretty decent.

Rage is a 100 point resource that is generated by dealing/taking damage and is used up by abilities very quickly.

Energy is a 100 point resource that is regenerated extremely rapidly, but is used extremely quickly.

Etc, Etc. Essentially every resource is a 100 point resource if you want to think of it that way.

Changing the numbers to be really large doesn't really do anything other than give the appearance of being unique.

Hopefully Blizzard can make original ideas on how to generate / use the new resources, which will make them unique in a way that adding big numbers will not.

Lol the maelstrom thing tho... Does that mean we won't have healing surge anymore or is it gonna cost me maelstrom? Or is it mana+maelstrom

Lol the maelstrom thing tho... Does that mean we won't have healing surge anymore or is it gonna cost me maelstrom? Or is it mana+maelstrom

I think its going to cost maelstrom

If base spells change for all classes, will learning order and speed we learn them change too?
Yes, the levels at which you learn each ability will be adjusted.

Shadowstrike... merging Ambush & Shadowstep... Is Shadowstep gone in Legion? Favourite sub ability next to SDance.
Shadowstrike is a merge between Ambush and Shadowstep, and replaces both.

Hype?

Mousing over some abilities

looks like most key spells like Counterspell, LoH, Wind Shear, Chaos bolt are all in the lvl 21-29 range.

Ambush damage increased w/ daggers. (well up until MoP ??? we couldnt even ambush without daggers) . Hands are renamed back to blessings. Most classes once again have a weak quick heal and a strong slow heal. Vanilla style?

Purge is gone, shaman cyas

Users who are viewing this thread