EU+US Legion BoE Scanner

I concede, your tool is actually better than TUJ. It can search for items with enhancements such as Warforged.

d3Os2lG.gif

@Syrayeda I thank you for your hard work trying to improve this Twink Website. Don't listen to salty ppl.
no worries, i do enjoy trolling trolls

my logs say unknown host, which means ip address cannot be resolved, after running for about 10 minutes. im not really sure if this is a blizzard issue or a cloud server issue. im using a micro instance which just means it does not have much cpu, memory or bandwidth. but i dont think the amount of data im downloading/processing would exceed the limit.

each auction data is about 10mb but downloading them is fast. its converting the data into usable info that takes about 1 minute each. maybe i should try multithreading

I concede, your tool is actually better than TUJ. It can search for items with enhancements such as Warforged.

d3Os2lG.gif
gotta pack those atoms into the container

and the program seems to be running fine now. might have been some network issues before. i have also added multithreading to read 10 realms at a go, so it should populate the list faster when it automatically runs the next time. only problem now is that tomcat, the web server that im using, doesnt sort the file in anyway, but ill look into in another time. its been a long day trying to get this to work

oh and sometimes i get some errors while trying to read the battle net api so some data might be missing. im still trying to figure out if they can be solved on my side, or is the error completely blizzard's fault.
I noticed you included your API key in the version that others can download, maybe that's causing it to exceed the limit on calls per second? Or it could just be that it needs throttling in your code? :)

For those arguing that TUJ already does this, try actually searching specifically for level 99 BoEs or a certain ilvl/bonus across all servers. Last I checked you could only search one server at a time (unless you set up several notifications which is a PITA) and ilvls are just grouped into WF/TF with optional socket.

I noticed you included your API key in the version that others can download, maybe that's causing it to exceed the limit on calls per second? Or it could just be that it needs throttling in your code? :)

For those arguing that TUJ already does this, try actually searching specifically for level 99 BoEs or a certain ilvl/bonus across all servers. Last I checked you could only search one server at a time (unless you set up several notifications which is a PITA) and ilvls are just grouped into WF/TF with optional socket.
i tried calling more than 100 times per second and it gave me status 403 which is server refused. unknown host is completely different from that, usually from dns problems

i
You can search regional in Undermine Journal.
To each their own.

Undermine Journal will give the reader analytics, metric and graphs for the items and question as well. It indicates trends telling the person the person when to buy what. What is the best time to sell in order to make the maximum profit etc.
For instance, here is a link to Darkmoon Daggermaws. These items are only available during the DMF. They are used for the versatility food, a couple pets, toys, a quest and some other items. During the first few days of the DMF their price more than doubles because of this as does their demand. Quite unusual considering this is the only time they are available. I usually buy them off peak for 2-4 gold and sell during DMF for 10-15 gold.
A funny thing happened to the price of them recently... Look at the graphs.
https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/stormrage/item/124669
As you can see, a few weeks ago the prices went through the roof. This was regional. I suspect it was worldwide, although I do not check other regions. I only have gold on about NA 12 servers.

On to an example more in the flavor of the content of this thread. Vastly oversized ring. This first link indicates the amount of TF socketed on Stormrage US.
At the top of the page the user can tap the options for all the other versions.
https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/stormrage/item/141580.10.11428

This page is for the regular ring.

https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/stormrage/item/141580

Again, if we look at the graphs we can look at the trends of when is the best time to purchase/sell this item. How many are up at any given time, what server they are on, what times they are on, who put them up, how many they put up, how long they put them up etc.

Remember guys, if a person has been posting something for a while they might be ready to get rid of it. They are already going to lose the AH fee right off. Never ever give someone what they are offering an item in trade. Ever... Always go into a deal the with the attitude of that they want to sell it more than you want to buy it.
Don't be shy about offering to purchase something that is on the AH for 50,000 gold for 40,000. Just add that they if they do their transaction with you they won't lose their 2,500 gold AH fee and they have guaranteed sale right now. If they still say no offer a bit more. No still, just a bit more. No still. Then walk away. They might whisper you back. Just be nice about it.
is there a way to view all realms in 1 go? and there a way to view multiple items and/or variations in 1 go?

Yes
I sent you links to two different items. If a person were to bother to look at those links one can easily indicate that a person can. In fact, Undermine Journal can automatically notify you when items are posted when said items meet your criteria.
If you choose, you can link TSM and UJ and have your AH item posted/bought per a snatch list set forth by those notifications.
those are regional summaries. not actual listings. the realm is still set to us-stormrage. ok i see multiple variations that i didnt see before. but im still not able to see multiple items in 1 go

Last edited:
anyway i have added extra filters for level 98/99 items and ilvl 850+ items in additional files.

and i have also solved some errors that happened. it was running out of memory after i added multithreading. 4 threads ran out of memory, 3 threads ran fine but i set it to 2 threads just to be safe. i still dont know the cause of unknown host i initially encountered, but i would assume its either a blizzard server or internet problem and i have no control over it.

You can search regional in Undermine Journal.
To each their own.

Undermine Journal will give the reader analytics, metric and graphs for the items and question as well. It indicates trends telling the person the person when to buy what. What is the best time to sell in order to make the maximum profit etc.
For instance, here is a link to Darkmoon Daggermaws. These items are only available during the DMF. They are used for the versatility food, a couple pets, toys, a quest and some other items. During the first few days of the DMF their price more than doubles because of this as does their demand. Quite unusual considering this is the only time they are available. I usually buy them off peak for 2-4 gold and sell during DMF for 10-15 gold.
A funny thing happened to the price of them recently... Look at the graphs.
https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/stormrage/item/124669
As you can see, a few weeks ago the prices went through the roof. This was regional. I suspect it was worldwide, although I do not check other regions. I only have gold on about NA 12 servers.

On to an example more in the flavor of the content of this thread. Vastly oversized ring. This first link indicates the amount of TF socketed on Stormrage US.
At the top of the page the user can tap the options for all the other versions.
https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/stormrage/item/141580.10.11428

This page is for the regular ring.

https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/stormrage/item/141580

Again, if we look at the graphs we can look at the trends of when is the best time to purchase/sell this item. How many are up at any given time, what server they are on, what times they are on, who put them up, how many they put up, how long they put them up etc.

Remember guys, if a person has been posting something for a while they might be ready to get rid of it. They are already going to lose the AH fee right off. Never ever give someone what they are offering an item in trade. Ever... Always go into a deal the with the attitude of that they want to sell it more than you want to buy it.
Don't be shy about offering to purchase something that is on the AH for 50,000 gold for 40,000. Just add that they if they do their transaction with you they won't lose their 2,500 gold AH fee and they have guaranteed sale right now. If they still say no offer a bit more. No still, just a bit more. No still. Then walk away. They might whisper you back. Just be nice about it.

I don't deny that TUJ is an amazing tool, especially for analyzing market prices, but you didn't explain how it solves the issues that this program was created for:
- You can't search specifically for level 99 items which is what most people viewing this forum will be interested in.
- You can only view one realm at a time. There might be those charts below but they aren't efficient at all - you have to click each realm to know the ilvl and level req of each available item, which annoyingly is all the way at the bottom of the page.
- The link to the TF item you gave is actually WF, which is because if that bonus isn't available on the realm you're looking at then it defaults back to other versions. It also doesn't let you filter by ilvl (the dropdown at the top does nothing to the lists below).
- Setting up notifications is a pain in the ass because you need one for every bonus combination that you're interested in (WF/TF + with/without socket) and unless I missed something, you have to find one that's available somewhere in order to add the notification (due to the above point).
- You can't search for tertiary stats.

All I know I have made literally millions of gold by using tUJ. Which in turn has allowed me to give away hundreds of thousands to fellow Twinks simply because I enjoy helping other people. Make no mistake I am not bragging, I am just merely stating a fact.
Actually you're quite good at jumping into Threads and 'not bragging' while actually more like gloating that you did something ages ago and someone is "just now" doing it.

The entire region is in the charts. Do I really need to post a screenshot?

As far as setting up notifications being a PITA.
Anything that is worth doing is not always easy. That is a little piece of advice I will give you for free.

Use it if you like. All I know I have made literally millions of gold by using tUJ. Which in turn has allowed me to give away hundreds of thousands to fellow Twinks simply because I enjoy helping other people. Make no mistake I am not bragging, I am just merely stating a fact.
If you don't want to use it, then don't.
you are right, anything worth doing is not easy. especially when people are trying to undermine your work

The entire region is in the charts. Do I really need to post a screenshot?

As far as setting up notifications being a PITA.
Anything that is worth doing is not always easy. That is a little piece of advice I will give you for free.

Use it if you like. All I know I have made literally millions of gold by using tUJ. Which in turn has allowed me to give away hundreds of thousands to fellow Twinks simply because I enjoy helping other people. Make no mistake I am not bragging, I am just merely stating a fact.
If you don't want to use it, then don't.
You still didn't address any of the issues I listed but whatever.

Use TUJ if you want, there's just no need to talk down to @Syrayeda for contributing his own time/effort to help the community.

Call it want you want but both of you were being condescending. I was tempted to reply to all your points but since you never addressed any of mine, I'm not going to bother wasting my time.

To try get back to the topic of the thread, could you explain to everyone how you set up TUJ notifications for level 99 items?

Call it want you want but both of you were being condescending. I was tempted to reply to all your points but since you never addressed any of mine, I'm not going to bother wasting my time.

To try get back to the topic of the thread, could you explain to everyone how you set up TUJ notifications for level 99 items?
Yo aelobin look at my lock in the armory list it's meiralyn tell me about what ilvl it should be if I got the rest of my slots I still need 835s in and the 800s

I have a question as a non-Programmer (well not anymore, the last Programming I did was before many of you were born). Is there a way to filter the search results to NOT show any of the unique AH's (of the 120 for US) if they don't have any Legion World Epics listed? I'm mostly referring to the 99 scans since finding 101 Epics really isn't difficult, unless you're searching specifically for 890+ with Socket and Tertiary and have the Gold to buy them.

Right now the output looks like:

===== 1/120 US: [Realm list] =====
===== 2/120 US: [Realm list] =====
===== 3/120 US: [Realm list] =====
Geta of Tay'Shute....
===== 4/120 US: [Realm list] =====
and so on until the next unique AH that has something listed.

What I'd love to be able to do is filter out of the results all the Realm's AH that have nothing listed for 98/99's (Scales with level) and only list the AH's that do have something listed for sale. Is this possible and if so, would you be able to walk us through how to do so from the perspective of someone who did once upon a time write Code but hasn't in ages? Thanks.

I have a question as a non-Programmer (well not anymore, the last Programming I did was before many of you were born). Is there a way to filter the search results to NOT show any of the unique AH's (of the 120 for US) if they don't have any Legion World Epics listed? I'm mostly referring to the 99 scans since finding 101 Epics really isn't difficult, unless you're searching specifically for 890+ with Socket and Tertiary and have the Gold to buy them.

Right now the output looks like:

===== 1/120 US: [Realm list] =====
===== 2/120 US: [Realm list] =====
===== 3/120 US: [Realm list] =====
Geta of Tay'Shute....
===== 4/120 US: [Realm list] =====
and so on until the next unique AH that has something listed.

What I'd love to be able to do is filter out of the results all the Realm's AH that have nothing listed for 98/99's (Scales with level) and only list the AH's that do have something listed for sale. Is this possible and if so, would you be able to walk us through how to do so from the perspective of someone who did once upon a time write Code but hasn't in ages? Thanks.
ill try to modify it to not show empty realms in the filters

edit: i have modified the filters. will need to see if it runs correctly the next time round

Last edited:
ill try to modify it to not show empty realms in the filters

edit: i have modified the filters. will need to see if it runs correctly the next time round
While I certainly appreciate it, I was hoping there was some way I myself could do that. If it's more trouble trying to explain it to a non-Programmer then no worries. I'm happy we have what we have atm, it's far better than what I was doing, checking each Realm personally lol.

While I certainly appreciate it, I was hoping there was some way I myself could do that. If it's more trouble trying to explain it to a non-Programmer then no worries. I'm happy we have what we have atm, it's far better than what I was doing, checking each Realm personally lol.
i filter the results by matching words from text file using the linux command grep.

grep 'Started at\|Finished at\|^$\|=====\|Scales with level.*Level:9[8-9]' /usr/share/tomcat8/webapps/ROOT/wow/${filename} | grep -A1 -B1 --no-group-separator 'Started at\|Finished at\|Scales with level.*Level:9[8-9]' > /usr/share/tomcat8/webapps/ROOT/wow/${filename}_99s

the first part before the | filters out all the matching words using regex pattern matching which was the previous output. the part between the | and the > is my extra filter to match 1 line before and after the words that im interested in, which removes the empty realms. the last part after the > is the filename to write the final results to.

i know it might not make much sense if you dont know much about programming. but thats the best i can explain it.

i did not use any database to store the results (as undermine journal probably does), which would require filtering by writing sql (or other nosql database) queries, plus it would need some sort of UI for users to input what they want to filter. by purely dealing with text, i bypass the need to have those extra requirements, but i can only filter them by matching text

@Syrayeda While I wouldn't be able to replicate your Code, nor change it to fit my specific desires, I do actually understand what you wrote. For reference, the last time I wrote Code was for the Apple IIe and then moving onto Pascal lmao. Programming Language is at it's root much the same as it's always been, while it has become extremely sophisticated and complex as well.

I'm a dinosaur when it comes to Computers, C64 FTW!

Users who are viewing this thread