Least Played F2P class

Least played classes are classes with lack of instant skills & survability

- warlocks with a shield generated by the blue demon would be great, or a seduce
- a slowing shield/mana shield on mages
- frostshock for shamans
- boomkin form with extra armor etc,

But the easiest fix would be to give more base health to players (1k extra would be ok, to survive an initial burst) then nerf hunt damage by 50% + lower rogues ambush by 50%.

Brackets is the worst idea for a mmo pvp game:

- To begin with, the max level bracket was never balanced (so don't bother waiting for a low level bracket balance). Remember rogues / warriors in TBC? Ret Paladins when they added Wolk talents? etc. Each season get its nerf/changes, and each time some classes spend their time crying (some classes more than others).

- difference of level in a bg is not acceptable.
- difference of gear in a bg is not acceptable.

I guess GW2 understood that, not saying that the game will save us from this non-sense, but sure go to the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
well sure if you only play in premades, warlock & mages are fine. but solo queue and you'll learn quickly to nerdrage, especially if there are 24 rogues or hunts

I've got to disagree with this. I pug a lot more than I premade because I find the AP 10 man faceroll gets a little bit old (but it's still nice to have available).

Warlocks are totally fine pugging. Good 24 rogues/hunts/pallys are a pain for everyone except bis hunters and maybe really well played paladins. As a lock you just need to be patient and know where to be at what time. If you play like a melee class or a tank then you will nerdrage. If you play conservatively and go in for the kill when the timing's right you will have a lot of fun :)

As for the least played classes, I've got to go with Cer on this one, in an order I think is least played->most

Fire Mages
Ele Shamans
Resto Druids
Warriors
Warlocks

P.S. No one plays DKs in this bracket!

EDIT: Wanted to clarify that now when I play I generally have 1500 health (and that's excluding soul link) along with the spell power from gsoj. Makes my experience a whole lot more manageable. That being said, I still did pug when I was down at a lowly 1k health and no sp staff. While I certainly died more, I found the class redeemable enough to fully gear. I didn't want to give the impression that I in any way think the classes are balanced haha

And thanks to pouch for the shout-out <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Pugging as a horde healer sucks when there is no one worthwhile in your entire 10 man pug to heal. When everyone has such low health that it becomes impossible to keep them up against more than 1 person it's just pointless to do anything but leave.

also if shamans got frost shock at 20 and then instant GW in MoP would make them a flavor of the month class. as much as i would love love love love frost shock i'd rather have shamans be a little less represented than be OP.

i have a mage myself and i can see why there are so little mages around because at this bracket its so difficult to play it..thy are just too weak. rogues owns mage, hunter owns mage, feral druid owns mage. against paladin and warrior might stand a chance. remember you have no mana shield or icebarrier with that little armor ur just squishy everyone can 2 shot u. the only good thing is poly and counterspell u can use against a healer. assuming u survive long enuf in the crowd. 1v1 wise u'll die most of the time.

i have a mage myself and i can see why there are so little mages around because at this bracket its so difficult to play it..thy are just too weak. rogues owns mage, hunter owns mage, feral druid owns mage. against paladin and warrior might stand a chance. remember you have no mana shield or icebarrier with that little armor ur just squishy everyone can 2 shot u. the only good thing is poly and counterspell u can use against a healer. assuming u survive long enuf in the crowd. 1v1 wise u'll die most of the time.

I remember reading a quote from someone in the forums, it went something like this:

pvp is not balanced around 1v1
The skill level of a player/class should never be determined in a 1vs1 scenario

In any 1vs1 Scenario, a Hunter will always look deadly and mage will always look squishy.
But as soon as you add 2+ extra players to the scene(2vs2/3vs3/5vs5/etc) the winner of the fight is determined by skill.

I've seen frost mages who can allow me to pass by an entire 10 man team in WSG without any of them getting any ToT(half of them being hunters too I might add) while I am holding the flag.
(referring to deadvulcano ^here)

This bracket can be difficult to PuG in, but as soon as you add a few more dedicated players who wish to play objectively, those nasty hunters/rogue become less and less OP by the second. This is why you should go to Aerie Peak(specifically horde but alliance does it too) for premading. If you really do wish to enjoy your class, even if it's something less OP like a balance druid; then this is the server for you.

If you want to win every PuGvsPuG game, then make a hunter on alliance.

I remember reading a quote from someone in the forums, it went something like this:

In any 1vs1 Scenario, a Hunter will always look deadly and mage will always look squishy.
But as soon as you add 2+ extra players to the scene(2vs2/3vs3/5vs5/etc) the winner of the fight is determined by skill.

I've seen frost mages who can allow me to pass by an entire 10 man team in WSG without any of them getting any ToT(half of them being hunters too I might add) while I am holding the flag.
(referring to deadvulcano ^here)

This bracket can be difficult to PuG in, but as soon as you add a few more dedicated players who wish to play objectively, those nasty hunters/rogue become less and less OP by the second. This is why you should go to Aerie Peak(specifically horde but alliance does it too) for premading. If you really do wish to enjoy your class, even if it's something less OP like a balance druid; then this is the server for you.

If you want to win every PuGvsPuG game, then make a hunter on alliance.

may i ask, does this very same statement applies to any horde characters?

may i ask, does this very same statement applies to any horde characters?

I'm slightly confused; what are you trying to ask me?

Rephrase your question.

Arms Warriors. MS hurts.

MS might hurt, but you gimp yourself by not having Piercing Howl.

Getting ToT is hard enough as it is as a warrior, fury hits just as hard as arms.

I have a Mage on AP (Wanky). The only times I die is either because im not well positioned with my team, a 24 beats on me, or that a hunt catches me in a 1v1. My average game is of around 8-10 kills and 2 deaths. A rogue should never kill you with the number of ccs you have to slow him down, or just poly and run away. Idk why youre saying you die all the time... maybe its because youre in Mdps range instead of hanging back. And, my Return Flag/Game played ratio is 1.50 too, so I don't just get kills in there.

I dont even try vs 24 hunters. I just sit it out if im alone vs him and let him kill me. Doesnt take much skill to shoot 1 explosive shot and 2 arcanes.

MS doesn't hurt at all. I have a GF'd warrior who was arms pre-f2p and I logged into him to try out a bg. MS does practically no damage haha.

Also, to clarify, ToT = target of target?

Time on Target.

And arcane/Frost mages have more CC/Burst than fire does, so logically it makes no sense to roll a fire mage unless you are purposely trying to gimp yourself of the classes' full capabilities.
Sheep, 1k Pyroblast, 200 Fireblast, 100 CoC. Survive that burst. Its so great against scrubs <3

Once you manage the mighty Mage, you'll understand that most players have no chance against you. Most Hunters are challenging but doable. Rogues are easier because most just play it wrong against a Mage. They'll let you kite them easy. Actually any other class should be easy to beat or atleast being able to escape or kite them untill help arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread