Korrak's Revenge horrible scaling pre-50

Req

Grandfathered
So if you didn't know, or if you plan on playing korrak's at all pre level 50, you should know that the scaling is all out of wack. Level 50s don't scale down, and pre level 50s only scale to ilvl 70. Pretty much means we're ants awaiting the stomping of a boot.

Really hoping blizzard is aware of this, but they're probably not because yeah. If you want to see this changed, here's a couple forum threads I've posted in / seen that could use some bumps.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/korraks-revenge-gearlevel-scaling/705392

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/korraks-revenge-gearlevel-scaling/705414

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/korraks-revenge-pvp-scaling/704707

Post any other threads if they're relevant! Maybe twitter or reddit will work too I dunno.

Yeah, personally, it's my first time. Probably wouldn't be around if SL weren't launching... With how it is right now, not sure how anyone can really find it enjoyable. I read some amazing things about it last year, how it was great for leveling and a fun experience, etc., so much so that they extended it or something. But this, this couldn't have been what they were talking about

Yeah, personally, it's my first time. Probably wouldn't be around if SL weren't launching... With how it is right now, not sure how anyone can really find it enjoyable. I read some amazing things about it last year, how it was great for leveling and a fun experience, etc., so much so that they extended it or something. But this, this couldn't have been what they were talking about
Yeah last year was so much fun because everyone was scaled to the same ilvl, and then gems + enchants gave twinks a massive edge. With 50s not scaling down now, even with gems/enchants, lower levels don't come close to having a fighting chance.

I really hope thats not working as intended, otherwise why queue if you queue into other 50s with mythic unscaled gear, HoA, essences, traits. at ilvl 70 even with gems/enchants you are gonna be crushed vs the massive stat difference from ilvl 70 vs ilvl 130/140 full socketed gear with op trinkets. It basically turns it into a max lvl 50 fully geared playground, just like bgs at max now. Most people when leveling seem to want to avoid this, even going so far at to lock exp to avoid dinging 50 and feeling useless in pvp without massive time investment for no point. Heck even my 49 has higher ilvl gear pieces then ilvl 70, just doesn't seem like a great idea. I guess we will see if they change it at all.
[doublepost=1604300352,1604299775][/doublepost]On the other hand, time to abuse this with my mostly heroic geared paladin if I can queue. Abuse usually brings attention to the problem.

(in reality, ill probably get rolled by mythic geared hunters)

Last edited:
i don't find last year and the year before gears of any use to non end game players except current 49s. Wasted so much time during 14th anni to do all my lvl59s, 60s, 69s, 70s, 79s, 80s, 84s, 85s, 89s, 90s, 91s, 99s, 100s, 101s and they dropped rotten gears that could have been gotten elsewhere with better stats, that extra socket or leech just don't add up .. But got smart in 15th doing only my lvl119 (current 49s) .. I won't waste time doing any other lvls except 49s this time round too

i don't find last year and the year before gears of any use to non end game players except current 49s. Wasted so much time during 14th anni to do all my lvl59s, 60s, 69s, 70s, 79s, 80s, 84s, 85s, 89s, 90s, 91s, 99s, 100s, 101s and they dropped rotten gears that could have been gotten elsewhere with better stats, that extra socket or leech just don't add up .. But got smart in 15th doing only my lvl119 (current 49s) .. I won't waste time doing any other lvls except 49s this time round too
The only ones I would be interested in farming to see the ilvls for are 10s and 20s. Sadly you don't seem to get loot at those levels so yeah unless they change it only 49 for me as well. I wanted to see other levels in the 119 bracket but with the squish it doesn't seem worth it anymore, especially without scaling and the available gear.

I wouldn't agree more about the whole scaling issue. It took me a while to actually kill 1 fully geared Demon Hunter alone without the assistance of any other Max leveled player. (granted he was afk) but dealing only 800-1000 damage to players with 10-19K HP is rather inconvenient. But i don't really care that much about AV since everyone is already handicapped, Lagfest and shit. Mount is my number one priority.

Has anyone figured out how to queue for it lol?
Nope, would be nice to figure out how to. Just says failed to join as group on all my characters :(. Its so buggy this time around, oh well, im sure they will fix it soon. That might partly be what the maintenance tomorrow is about.

Ye still cant que

Guys.. It's so fking strange.. I click on the Korrak's Revenge once.. It said fail to join as group, and my finger click on the mouse immediately a second time and I am queueing :D:D:D I will post again if I get in
[doublepost=1604318198,1604317833][/doublepost]Yup.. In the bg now :D

i had the same issue yesterday , i just spammed the button until i was que'd , had three horrible games , with 8k life against 14-18k

It's not fun for low lvl (I went in as a lvl15 and left as a lvl16) to be in korrak's revg.. In normal bg I would have 1-2 shot a geared lvl50 who comes into a 10-19 bg.. In korrak's, I hit only about close to 3k when they have over 20k health.. And I have only 6.6k unbuff health, about 10k after buff, so it's not gonna be fun for anyone who is low lvl no matter what your gears are.

I worked for my levels, therefore I should be stronger than you :rolleyes:

just wait till next year, when everyone is level 60 and scaled down to 10k hp 50 if they don’t change it xD. Won’t be as many actual unscaled 50s then

ilvl 70 vs ilvl 130/140 full socketed gear with op trinkets.

This is a bit of an exaggeration--of the people I've seen playing korraks revenge this year (e.g, people are doing it for the mount since last year's was bugged to all hell), most have an iLvl of about 90-100. iLvl 130 is Heroic-Mythic Nyalotha gear, and 140 is BiS.

Users who are viewing this thread