Korgath Arena Tournament Rule discussion and drama archive

Re: Arena Tournament

Wait - one week to gear? And "only" two BoAs per toon? Sounds like this strongly favors p2p20 or people who have an enormous amount of free time lol.

Right , why not 3 weeks or more :( ?!?!?!?! so we can use darkmoon fairie too

I would just like to add on to what Sevenslacks7 has already said:

Rifle Commander's Eyepatch is the only piece of gear in its slot that gives agility. By being that only piece of gear, it is unacceptable for a fair arena bracket.

By limiting the head slot to either Weathered Fishing Hat (Daily Luck), Tiger Goggles (Engineering), or Lucky Fishing Hat (All accessible, albeit luck based), we are encouraging classes to be used that are above and beyond the bread and butter classes in battlegrounds.

Hunters, Agility Druids, and Rogues would be favored far and beyond any other classes with the inclusion of the Rifle Commander's Eyepatch.

Also, it is simply false to say that retribution paladins and arms warriors will be weak without eyepatch. NO class will have the RCE. The removal of an item for all will not weaken those two strength based classes.

Banning out classes seems like a FAR more drastic approach to running an arena tournament than simply banning out a piece of gear that gives them an advantage over every other Primary Stat class.

In regards to Lucky Fishing Hat: If you happen to fish it up, by all means use it. It is accessible by every class, and is a luck based reward.
(15 stamina > 4 stamina 4 spirit), but (11 stamina, 8 agility, 8 hit, >>>> Everything else), (12 stamina, 1k shield, >>>> any other trinket)

If you have any other concerns that have NOT been addressed so far, please bring them forward.

Otherwise we would love to see people either looking for teams to be on, or listing the team they are going to use for the tournament.

NOTE: You may change teams mid season, but that will reset your team rating back to 1000. This DOES mean that there is a rating floor of 1000.

NOTE 2: Only 2 heirlooms per character. As stated, this helps curb the temptation to bot honor for a full set. It is helping the casual arena player, not hurting them. If your class relies on heirlooms for damage, then I suggest using your 2 heirloom slots as weapons.

Right , why not 3 weeks or more :( ?!?!?!?! so we can use darkmoon fairie too

The idea is to make this a quick skill based event. We don't want this to turn into a long term gear farm event.

That would discourage players who are more intent on actually just playing arenas.

The only reason we allow heirlooms at all is for the handful of classes that require them to be useful in arenas.

Just a suggestion, why don't you just limit the gear then, not the timeframe to get it? That way slow people could start now but would end up with the gear you require?

Last edited by a moderator:

People haven't signed up probably because they don't want to commit to gearing up in a week when they have perfectly good toons on that server or on other servers that can easily be xrealmd to korgath.

Just a suggestion, why don't you just limit the gear then, not the timeframe to get it? That way slow people could start now but would end up with the gear you require?

Its a arena Tournament. The week before isnt just to spin peoples wheels, its part of the tournament, its not only about agility and your skill in the arenas, but partly about your stamina in gearing a character in one week.

And at the end of the Tournament, everyone now has characters on the arena server that they can play in the future.

I will be putting a poll at the top to see which people would prefer, to do xrealm arenas using their toons, or to make a new character on the arena server that they will use, but that is assuming that people read these posts and understand I am not just flipping a coin to decide these things.

That's your choice of course, and you have the right to make it. :)

Of course my suggestion would not test "stamina in gearing a character in one week" at all, but people would still end up with a geared toon on the server and people who are already on the server wouldn't end up with two mages. That was the reasoning behind my suggestion. :)

Sum - everyone is supposed to gear new toons in that one week, so there would be no advantage.

can you be my partner plz oO
I'm sorry, I'm so bad at arena I would only ever partner with a close friend so we can treat it as a lark or funny experiment. >_<
I also do not have the time and drive to gear a character in one week anyway so I won't be taking part. :(

The idea is to make this a quick skill based event.

Seems controversial with the fact that LFH is allowed, I mean if you're lucky enough to get the hat (lets face it: probably even half of the participators wont be able to get it), you'll have a pretty big advantage against people who don't have it. 110hp is quite a bit, almost 10% of some classes hps and that can surely make or break an arena game imo.

It'd be easier and fair to just restrict head items to engineering goggles for example, as those are easily aqcuired by any player in a matter of couple hours, and not have to rely on luck with RNG and not having something to do IRL when the fishing contest is on.

Then again, I'm not participating in or organizing the event, so obviously I'm not the one who makes the rules. All I'm saying is, think about it.

I disagree with every rule other than 4. We should be able to use our characters that we have been twinking for however long, as that is one point of twinking, we should be able to use any F2P accessible gear no matter how long it takes to get, as that is another point of twinking (you realize you posted this in the F2P TWINKING forum, right?), and the eye patch is just a more extreme example of faction specific gear so you might as well ban Garrosh's Pardon, Gloves of the Hero, Unisured Bracers, Merger Boots and all other faction specific gear as well. This might have been fun, but oh well.

I disagree with every rule other than 4. We should be able to use our characters that we have been twinking for however long, as that is one point of twinking, we should be able to use any F2P accessible gear no matter how long it takes to get, as that is another point of twinking (you realize you posted this in the F2P TWINKING forum, right?), and the eye patch is just a more extreme example of faction specific gear so you might as well ban Garrosh's Pardon, Gloves of the Hero, Unisured Bracers, Merger Boots and all other faction specific gear as well. This might have been fun, but oh well.
I can assure you that Garrosh's Pardon, Gloves of the Hero, Uninsured Bracers, Merger Boots and all other Horde faction specific gear will indeed not be equipped by anyone in this tournament!

So you'll sacrifice your friends so that you can play your off server toon that's fully geared while your buddy(s) will be gimped? Or did you not realize that at least one person on your team has to be on korgath in order to que for a wargame. Where's your team spirit D:

So you'll sacrifice your friends so that you can play your off server toon that's fully geared while your buddy(s) will be gimped? Or did you not realize that at least one person on your team has to be on korgath in order to que for a wargame. Where's your team spirit D:

I think the 2v2 rated matches are going to start as 3v3 using referees. Like this you would not need to have a teammate on Korgath if the organizers decide to host CRZ matches:

2 people from AP + Referee leader from Korgath
verse
2 people from BWL + Referee leader from Korgath

So what if at least one of us made a toon on Korgath before this Season 1 even started?

The bottom line is that your toon is limited to 2 BoA's, no agility specific gear (RCE), and no Level 90 Friend gear (AGM).

If you don't like the rules, you are welcome to organize your own event at some point in the future.

I would highly recommend you consider the rules and regulations that are already in place. They have been formulated by a group of 4-5 free to plays with years of experience in this bracket and in the arena.

Did you read the rules before deciding you disagreed with them?

1 The characters used in the arena tournament must be made on or after the first day of season 1 on Korgath Alliance.

It seems like they're trying to make this a tournament outside of the normal WoW gear grind, similar to Arena Pass - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft.

However, the limited time period to create and gear a character kind of works against this. I think it's a pretty major deterrent to people who either have existing characters on Korgath or would be open to casually leveling/gearing a F2P there in the time leading up to the event.

Either way, it's good to see effort, thought and dedication put into this by Oldspike, Bop and whoever else is behind the curtain. It'll be a good learning experience, and I'm sure they'll adapt and refine the idea for future events. Only way to start is by starting!

I'm going to be really fucking blunt here - because this community now has the biggest fucking sense of entitlement ever, and I'm tired of it destroying EVERY GOD DAMN TOURNAMENT.

The people MAKING the tournament are the ones PONYING up to pay for your fucking F2P twink to get a fucking $15 helm. You can take the rules they have given you and like it or YOU CAN LEAVE AND NOT PLAY. Don't even fucking post in the thread. We don't need to see nine pages of you bitching about how your class needs every advantage it can get until no one wants to do the tournament.

There's a reason it's on Korgath. It's because 1. It allows people to play arenas with each other OUTSIDE of the usual games. I am not going to spend 30 minutes trying to coordinate with a team on Blackwing Lair to get you to come to do 2s with us outside of normal arena hours. It's never going to happen. EVER. 2. It allows the Korgath realm to thrive with arenas. Arenas are FUN. The goal here is for you to ENJOY playing arenas and play them outside of the tournament.

Let me be further blunt. A lot of us have a LOT of arena experience. We're going to demolish you if you don't play outside of arena hours. I will 100% guarantee you of that. Everyone always comes to these arena servers and thinks they are hot shit because they are better than everyone in PuG BGs. Let me be very clear. You know those BGs where you're astounded at how good someone is? Yeah that person is probably AVERAGE in real arenas and would lose the vast majority of games against quality players.

We are not telling you to come to Korgath because we're trying to make your life harder. If you want to a) have fun playing arenas or b) even stand a chance at winning the tournament, you need to be on Korgath so you can play against the people that you're losing to WHEN IT DOES NOT MATTER.

Either way, that's my two cents, please stop the incessant bitching and whining. You're not paying for the prizes, you have no "right" to play in the tournament. It's not yours. If you don't like the rules, then don't play, don't post and please go post in some other useless thread where you can get your jollies off the fact that you think people even give half a shit about you.

With that being said, we'll sign up as the first team since no one else is:

Team Name: DODGE ALL HUNTER TEAMS LOL
Member 1: Wizkidonex - Mage
Member 2: Fiddytree - Priest

Users who are viewing this thread