Is WoW worth it?

Try finding a physical outlet other than sex. Nothing sets me up for a mentally stimulating day better than an hour and a half of cycling.

okay so since the OP is clearly dense and doesnt get it here's an actual post/response instead of just snarky remarks

so first things first
anyways, i really miss playing WoW but i simply don't have time.
:NotLikeThis:
it's a game. games are or at the very least should be pastimes. if you dont have time for your pastime, you're doing it wrong. consider checking up on your life choices/priorities. don't be a fucking retard.

now admittedly wow and probably all mmos are designed to be addictive, which is something i find is immensely stupid but then again the world is full of stupid people and so you make stupid things for them
however, it has never been easier to skip all that bullshit - its called RMT/token. really do yourself a favor and stop being an idiot slaving away at the ah while being mediocre at it and wasting all your energy on pointless grinds. dont fall for the addiction traps and (make yourself) do things you evidently hate

for the record ive been playing wow casually for a buncha years now, only ever doing the things i enjoy and skipping all the stupid shit i dont
as long as you do that, its a great pastime.

:sela: out.

I don't know Glance (though it's entirely possible we ran into each other when I was running this site...or Twink Info rather) and I get the humble brag feedback completely just based on this thread alone. But why the name calling and hate in his direction? Is there a bunch more context that led to the hate thrown his way that I'm unaware of during my hiatus from this site? But even if there is, calling members of your site 'retards' is just bad business. Attitude reflects leadership. Can't we all be civil around here?? Jeez...

-Ink

thanks for the support @Inkobah

to give @Selaya credit, i am pretty sure the thought of banning me has crossed his mind multiple times, so props to him for allowing me to post until this day.

I don't know Glance (though it's entirely possible we ran into each other when I was running this site...or Twink Info rather) and I get the humble brag feedback completely just based on this thread alone. But why the name calling and hate in his direction? Is there a bunch more context that led to the hate thrown his way that I'm unaware of during my hiatus from this site? But even if there is, calling members of your site 'retards' is just bad business. Attitude reflects leadership. Can't we all be civil around here?? Jeez...

-Ink
Hello.
Long time no see. I still remember you from the TI days.
Anyways. In case it wasn't obvious, I am a friend of the vulgar. I also believe in calling things by their name. When I see something stupid, dumb and/or retarded, you can bet your ass that I'll call it out.
In any case. I do not believe that this is uncivil per se. After all, you can be both perfectly uncivil and disrespectful without ever resorting to the vulgar.
Now, I can clearly see where you're coming from, and see your point. However I am rather afraid that this would be something to agree to disagree on.

[ ... ]

to give @Selaya credit, i am pretty sure the thought of banning me has crossed his mind multiple times, so props to him for allowing me to post until this day.
her, not his.
But no, I never considered banning you. (Besides reply-banning from specific threads.)

Oh, and one more thing.
This isn't a business. I understand that in the past various owners have tried to monetise this in one way or another. That is now a relic of the past. This is now a gathering place for the community, ran by the community.

Oh, and one more thing.
This isn't a business. I understand that in the past various owners have tried to monetise this in one way or another. That is now a relic of the past. This is now a gathering place for the community, ran by the community.

You're welcome to your prerogative, but the question you and your staff have to ask if that's your objective is "How do we foster community?". And I'm with you on that question...it was the central question when I ran this site. I never cared if this site was monetized or not (I never saw any money from running this site and was never told to monetize it by Daman...though he did profit off our work when he sold the site), what I always cared about was fostering community here. You can ask some of the OG staff that worked with me (Kore, Taitah, Duckhunt, Drayner, and so many others) and they'll tell you as much.

When you're a leader of anything you have the most power to create culture and defend/uphold it. If your objective is community (and it sounds like we agree on that), then calling your members "retards" or whatever works against your stated objective and creates a culture that does not foster community. If the culture around here is one that causes people to be fearful of posting or engaging in the community because they think that the Head Admin might call them a "retard" then you're left with a less robust community...that's just how it works. Community requires psychological safety, and there's no psychological safety if there's fear of being made to look like an idiot by the leaders of the community. That's true of any community in real life or online. Sure, there will always be the trolls and jerks out there that will hamper the psychological safety of the community, but if your objective is community then your job as leaders is to defend and uphold that safety, not hurt it yourself.

I hope my heart and tone comes through in these words. I'm not mad at you...I really do want you and this community to succeed. In truth, I think we actually have the same objective, Selaya, and I hope for a thriving community here for a long time. This is my last post in this thread but if I can be of service or you'd like to continue the convo, feel free to send me a PM. Cheers!

-Ink

Point taken.

Obviously, you are not aware of the greater context here and I do not generally call people retards. However, this community had always been plagued by a certain amout of players of ... subpar intelligence.
Combined with the fact that glance's been one of our more consistent shitspewers who tend to post first think later, I do believe that this warrants calling out.

Altho I do not necessarily agree with
If your objective is community (and it sounds like we agree on that), then calling your members "retards" or whatever works against your stated objective
as a blanket statement here. Perhaps I am jaded and/or wrong, but as I've said, agree to disagree in this case.

EDIT: The thing is just, you cannot please everyone. People have certain styles (of leadership). This is the one I like, the populist approach if you so will. Some people will obviously like it more than others. Believe it or not, there are people who dislike the kind of leadership you would stand for and would prefer one with more of a personality. That, is what I am trying to stand for here. Now, I certainly have overshot before with it in the past, but this is a risk I am willing to live with. You are obviously free for calling me a fucking retard for it, and I wouldn't mind. :sela: It goes both ways, obviously. I can take the heat.

Last edited:
duty_calls.png

You guys have so much free time!

I am jealous.

Users who are viewing this thread