Is WoW worth it?

glancealot

Legend
my thoughts: WoW is very much not worth it from a "real life progress" point, if you have anything legit going on besides your main job/school. but from a happiness perspective, it is really great and may be part of a healthy/stable/sustainable lifestyle.

just to give you guys some numbers, for my computer business (a side hustle beside my 9-5 job), i sold $15.6k/$13.5k/$19k for june/july/august(so far), actually doing bad for august (which should be the busiest month of the year by a large margin), as a large batch of bios-locked dell is taking me much longer than expected to set-up.

i only sold $16k for february/march/april combined when i played 20s (and the AH)

from a money perspective, WoW is totally not worth it because I gave up a lot of real life $$$ to focus on WoW.

but if you ask me, am i genuinely happier today than i was in april when i played games like this? definitely no.

I think we all need a certain level of "happiness" in our lives. WoW releases a significant amount of endorphin for people that PvP, I remember having on average 3~4 nail-biting games per day when I filled my spare time with 20s games. i would go to bed while thinking about "should i wear 2-piece desolation for the crit bonus?", or "should i have saved my bubble in that tight game?". i had sex about twice a week and i felt great.

but nowadays, i am constantly monitoring my facebook marketplace feeds and phone, i am stressed out all the time, i crave sex way more than i did back in febraury/march/april (it has been "daily" for a while now, even when i sleep 3 hours a day), i am starting to understand the cocaine scene in "The Wolf of Wall Street": you can be mentally fatigued but your body doesn't understand why and somehow that means an unusually high need for "stimulation".

anyways, i really miss playing WoW but i simply don't have time.

Last edited:
not gonna lie, both of these sound fucking miserable.

get a therapist.

maybe if you told others about your life, they would think you need to see a therapist too?

i can see why the latter is miserable as i am trading my health/wellbeing for money but why is the former miserable?

here is a fun fact

the few times i qued into you @glancealot , all you did was try to distract players instead of making actual plays, i'm almost certain you are incapable of making actual plays

you are simply trash, you have chosen to start so many useless threads here on xpoff idk why you're even allowed to post anymore

in the off chance that you had respect for me, due to me being an absolute beast in bgs, but now you might be triggered, i don't care, tough love

Glance, u obviously have a knack for making coin in and out of WoW.

But be careful not to trade ur health and wellbeing for it.

People can generally bounce back financially but health doesn’t always bounce back.

It’s sometimes a trap people get caught up in trying to make more and more not realising it will cost them their health.

Keep an eye on the stress levels, don’t operate in the red for too long. If u don’t change gears in a car that’s redlining, it’s only a matter of time before something breaks……

With regards to WoW, it’s a nice little escape - well, I find it is. After a tough day of work or whatever u do, just to be able to leave it all behind for a few hours……. It’s my little circuit breaker ;)

Plus I enjoy the 20’s community. Lots of great people here…..:slight_smile:

Glance, u obviously have a knack for making coin in and out of WoW.

But be careful not to trade ur health and wellbeing for it.

People can generally bounce back financially but health doesn’t always bounce back.

It’s sometimes a trap people get caught up in trying to make more and more not realising it will cost them their health.

Keep an eye on the stress levels, don’t operate in the red for too long. If u don’t change gears in a car that’s redlining, it’s only a matter of time before something breaks……

With regards to WoW, it’s a nice little escape - well, I find it is. After a tough day of work or whatever u do, just to be able to leave it all behind for a few hours……. It’s my little circuit breaker ;)

Plus I enjoy the 20’s community. Lots of great people here…..:slight_smile:

always great to see your posts!

here is a fun fact

the few times i qued into you @glancealot , all you did was try to distract players instead of making actual plays, i'm almost certain you are incapable of making actual plays

you are simply trash, you have chosen to start so many useless threads here on xpoff idk why you're even allowed to post anymore

in the off chance that you had respect for me, due to me being an absolute beast in bgs, but now you might be triggered, i don't care, tough love

honestly have no idea who your twinks are so i am confused.

kids always making threads to hint at some real world achievement of his that never happened

life lesson to everyone, give your kids attention so they dont even up like this

worked on my dell r710 blade server, had a custom bios that i couldnt do any firmware updates on.
And of course do the research to find a compatible bios first.

Well obviously, I have done things like that before myself too, it's not sorcery and witchcraft. But it does require a certain level of ... aptitude.
Given the OP's obvious lack of intelligence I would assume that they would end up with a brick instead. :PeepoGlad:

maybe if you told others about your life, they would think you need to see a therapist too?
I think that you are right that you are telling us about your life and anyone could tell you this off of a forum post.

I also think that "I think you need to see a therapist" can be a statement of "I do not know how to help you with what you are going through right now, so if you want help with it, I would recommend seeing a therapist"

If you don't feel you need help with what you are going through then carry on my friend

I dunno man, I know plenty of resident doctors in gen surg who work over 100 hours weekly who still play WoW. Some of them even make a decent amount of content on TikTok lulz.

If you have time to watch TV/read books/go on forums, you generally speaking have time you can micromanage to play video games.

Every single human being alive has the same 24 hours in a day that they can choose to allot as they please. :)

I dunno man, I know plenty of resident doctors in gen surg who work over 100 hours weekly who still play WoW. Some of them even make a decent amount of content on TikTok lulz.

i wouldn't want those people be my doctors.

and end up with a brick :PeepoGlad:

bricks happen all the time, but i can fix that easily, picture I took the other day:

8XdRbVy.jpg

I actually pat myself on the back all the time: all i wanted was finding something to fill the void that needed to be addressed after I passed my final actuarial exam, yet here i am, making more money with a side hustle (no CS or IT background at all, everything is self-taught with help of internet and occasionally paid subject matter experts) than my actual job.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread