Is there a class/spec that can consistently beat Hunters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebowski

Legend
I'm thinking all else equal, the only two that would even be able to beat them at all would maybe be a Holy Pally or Resto Shaman. What are your thoughts?

My 24 rogue usually eats up most hunters. lvl 20 rogues are also ok, but no vanish it think....

A paladin can easily beat a hunter 1v1.

Keep my DoT/HoTs up, travel form as they chase me, rinse and repeat.

or

Keep my DoT/HoTs up, and LoS spam them.

what other have said, most healing classes (minus Druid) can beat hunters, Rogues can IF your trinket is up, his isnt, and he has the 'wrong' pet/spec

you best bet is Paladin (any spec), Priest (Disc/Holy), Shaman (Resto), Rogue (only Sub)

the problem is any hunter can easly run away if he doesnt want to be beaten, you'll stay alive but so will he

So healing class or bust? Sounds crappy that even someone with no concept of game mechanics can just roll through an entire bracket of people willing to gear up and play as intended. Oh well, F2P is F2P I suppose.

So healing class or bust? Sounds crappy that even someone with no concept of game mechanics can just roll through an entire bracket of people willing to gear up and play as intended. Oh well, F2P is F2P I suppose.

Old Blizzard devs >>>>> new Blizzard devs (aka the 'shut up PvP guy' ones)

"Red 5 Studios is a computer game company currently most known for their high ratio of former employees of Blizzard Entertainment. The founders previously worked on World of Warcraft." (wikipedia)

This is what they are currently working on, and how they think a game should be balanced:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyeajI-_SYw[/media]

Seriously, fuck new Blizzard. I'm really looking forward to Firefall.

[edit] yay, embedded video works. Also Firefall is going to be F2P
<

Why are people saying Pals beat Hunters with ease?

What hunters are you guys playing against? A BM Hunter with Moth can shut down any Pal in no time if there is no LoS around. A survival hunter with moth could probably wreck me if he got some solid crits.

Nothing beats a good hunter at this bracket reliably. That is the imbalance of F2P.

Why are people saying Pals beat Hunters with ease?

What hunters are you guys playing against? A BM Hunter with Moth can shut down any Pal in no time if there is no LoS around. A survival hunter with moth could probably wreck me if he got some solid crits.

Nothing beats a good hunter at this bracket reliably. That is the imbalance of F2P.

Agreed. I have to assume that most of these suggestions about what classes beat hunters 1v1 are either theorycraft or tested concepts against less than optimal hunters.

To successfully beat a hunter 1v1, assuming both are BiS and at least equally skilled and knowledgable about the game mechanics and classes, you need either:

1. The ability to out DPS them -and- have more hit points than them (which no class in this bracket can do)

2. Strong, reliable heals -and- an adequate damage spell with at least a 40 yard range

At some point the hunter is going to be 40 yards away from you and he's going to stay there for the rest of the fight. They have no reason to stop movng, ever, so Shock spells, Exorcism, Lightningbolt, Searing Totem, etc, are useless. The only class that can reliably 1v1 hunters is the priest (preferably Disc). PW:S, Flash Heal, Renew and Penance make it brain dead easy to not die and Mind Blast has a 40 yard range and does around 260 damage (SW:p also has a 40 yard range). It's a long fight, but very possible to win.

I'm not sure if druid heals are strong enough to keep up with hunter dps or what the range of their damage spells are, so I can't speak for them.

Regardless of your class/spec I will kill you on my hunter. However hunters like me and Tacos are few and far between, so don't get excited when you faceroll a backpeddlar and reply to threads like this with the intent of implying that you're a snowflake.

Wilwayco@ Anetheron.

I'm almost 100% sure my priest can beat any hunter, but whatever you say.

My warrior can beat "Any" hunter. Some players aren't just "Any hunters" I'm not saying I'm the best hunter, I'm not saying i'm even a good hunter. I'm simply saying that I know how to play a hunter, I know how to kite, and if you know how to do those two things in this bracket, You can beat any class/spec regardless of whether the player in question is skill capped, with the occassional exception of other hunters, who know how to play hunters.

This has NOTHING to do with me being "good" "leet" "lul" It has to do with the fact that the class imbalance is astonishing. And it is this fact that is the reason as to why I don't play my hunter anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread