Is shadowmourne ever worth using it ipvp?

ANYWAY! Trying my hand at the 80 bracket, don't have the twink leveled yet, as I'm still trying to decide between horde/alliance, but I could use some weekly ICC/Ulduar runs to trade off if anyone else is interested. Can run you through whatever content you need in return, including isle speedruns.

Anonymous#1241

ANYWAY! Trying my hand at the 80 bracket, don't have the twink leveled yet, as I'm still trying to decide between horde/alliance, but I could use some weekly ICC/Ulduar runs to trade off if anyone else is interested. Can run you through whatever content you need in return, including isle speedruns.

Anonymous#1241
Eu or us?

I just don't fully agree that at level 80 all classes int and agi will have better stats. Sure u can stack crit really easily at 80 because of the available gems (without sacrificing any intellect). But Mastery or Versatility, even Haste is fairly hard to stack at 80.
I just wanted to add here, Mastery is understandably rare at 80. Mastery wasn't added until Cata, so the raid gear and such from Wrath and BC didn't included it.

When you start getting to 85 though, cata gear is loaded with Mastery. Tons of gear in DS is Mastery + X. It could be argued that if your class benefits greatly from Mastery, it would probably be better to be 85 than 80.

As a side note, I would love to compare instanced stats with an 80 and 85 rogue (I'm an 89 rogue). I'm with the "secondaries are better at lower levels" group personally but have no hard facts on it.

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong, but this is thing we tried to figure out at BFA launch:
You scale to x9 level in bgs.
You are x0 and have 57 crit rating = 21% crit outside
If you scale to x9 in bg, you scale same crit rating, but the way x9 does = 19% crit in bg
BUT you also gain some primary stats if scaling from lower levels.

70 - 79 gap is made by mastery since 78 and talent at 75. But there are no such differences at 80s.

I remember back in cata - Shadowmourne had same stats as cata quest greens, but now the gap between Mourne and strongest weapon in cata is small af.

Also I met a warrior weilding Shadowmourne, killing shit left and right while being surrounded by those little purple souls and that was one of the most badass twinks I have ever seen. Go for it!

Its all just a tradeoff TBH

Yes, exactly. But I feel like the trade off favours level 89 nearly all the time...
But I agree that the difference between the lowest level in the bracket (80) and the highest (89) has the least impact on performance when compared to the other brackets.

Users who are viewing this thread