US Is 20-29 still a thing?

Discussion in 'Level 20-29' started by Apnea, Sep 19, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Kracks

Kracks Veteran

But it’s not like one singular class is fotm. A bunch of classes are really good...hunter, mage, warrior, ret(in arena), shaman, priest, rogue, monk, druids(in bg). Their are so many different classes that are completely viable in comparison to each other so I don’t rlly understand the whole fotm argument. It’s not like it’s one singular thing like 29 bm monk from wod or surv hunt from Cata mop legion that just has complete dominance over everything else.

2. hom

hom Veteran

Looking at the current ladder it's clear that Arcane mage + Crusader are the deciding factors in the competitive scene. That's where I draw the line on 'fotm'

3. melabeari

melabeari meh

hasn't it always been like this, anyone else remember lvl 24 shadow priests?

4. Kracks

Kracks Veteran

Ok so ur talking about the arena ladder...there are many viable 3s comps at 20s that are good. Rogue/war/x (scary for healers) hunter/ret/x (trap is 30 sec cd) mage/rogue/x (frost mage can be good vs melee comps and fire mage can be rlly bursty in arena) any shaman spec is good because wind shear. Arcane mages do a lot of consistent dmg but they r squishy (aimed shots take about half their hp). Arcane dmg can also be losd easily.

5. hom

hom Veteran

That's kinda the point. It's really not worth getting that competitive over as there's always going to be a clear fotm class/enchant/comp because there's simply not enough counter measures/abilities in this bracket.

I guess it's always the case in twink brackets & I'm not against all competitiveness. It's just damn stupid to be shit talking about your place in a ladder to people that aren't competing in the same way, in a bracket that's not equipped to deal with anything more than 4 specs/classes at the top...
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 20, 2019, Original Post Date: Sep 20, 2019 ---
    it's controlled by crusader and/or mage for those teams to work...

Idk if you've played on European servers but I've come across some russian groups running 5 arcane mages. It's impossible to do anything vs that class, you die in literal seconds. They are one of the hardest casters to los if you ask me, once missiles start casting you are losing 50% of your hp in a second or two.

6. Kracks

Kracks Veteran

Well I am against class stacking in arena
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 20, 2019 ---
    The point is there’s not one 3s comp that’s is obviously superior to the rest there are a ton of different options. U just need to adapt playstyle

7. hom

hom Veteran

*You need a mage and/or multiple weapons with crusader. - FIFY

8. Kracks

Kracks Veteran

Also double hybrid comps r good
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 20, 2019, Original Post Date: Sep 20, 2019 ---
    U rlly don’t. Take it from someone who has rlly only been playing arenas in both 19s and 20s for the past 4 months

9. hom

hom Veteran

I'm sure it can be done without mage/crusader. But nobody is doing it... because it takes 10x the effort and skill. That's why people roll mages and warriors/rets for arenas and 3v3. Get the ez win, carried by the class/enchant.

If you want to queue into mirrors fine, go all out and have fun. But if that's the limit of the competitive play then understand not everyone is interested.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kracks

Kracks Veteran

Do u even q arenas at 20s?

11. Radical

Radical Member

If you want competitive arenas play endgame @Kracks 20 anything is not competitive...

• Like Like x 1
  12. zazzyfraz

zazzyfraz Member

not sure why everyone is crying about fotm stuff
    Play wat u want, or play what’s strong
    Only Solo queue if you want more challenge?
    You can also wargame too
    u don’t even really run into these guys who are top of the arena thingy in random skirms lol..

I have a lot of fun in this bracket solo queuing glass cannon boomkin (1.3khp/850 regrowth crits) and doing bgs. When you solo queue you get 1v2 matchups pretty often these days too.

Don’t forget we are level 20

13. Chops

Chops Soccer Dad

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Surprised Surprised x 1
  14. Kracks

Kracks Veteran

There are other comps as well: hunt mage. Lock mage/lock hunt/lock rogue/ spriest/rogue

15. Radical

Radical Member

What dat mouf do?

16. ohti

ohti Hunter Coordinator 20-29

It's not that were sick of fotm, this bracket is a one shot heavy fotm bracket, that's why half of us play it. We like those sick one shots on levelers lmao

It's the whole "hurr durr I have a lot of skill because I play 20s guys look at how much I care about the unofficial level 20 world of warcraft arena ladder"

Not to bash on the arena ladder, I think it's awesome. I have tons of fun playing with guildies, trying different comps and such can make for great fun. People just need to either shut the fuck up and understand the type of community we are in this bracket or go play end game or something. The overwhelming majority of us are far from elitist, competitive, etc. That's why wargames or tournaments never work in this here. Bracket tourists man...

17. Kracks

Kracks Veteran

But it’s the only active bracket so u will have new people coming in whether u like it or not.

18. ohti

ohti Hunter Coordinator 20-29

I get that, and be as competitive as you want idc

But stop talking like you're hot shit seriously idk a single person other than your own arena partners that actually likes you, or has anything good to say about you at all.

Or continue who am I to tell you what to do. I understand what type of game play you want but what you need to understand that generally speaking this is the wrong community for that type of gameplay.

19. hom

hom Veteran

Can you honestly say (the comps w/o the mages) have a chance against fotm comps that include crusader and/or mage?

I've got a lock. And although they can surprise with their damage, there's no hope in fuck they can compete with mages, fury warriors or reti. Don't ruin your credibility claiming that nonsense.

20. Kracks

Kracks Veteran

Why do u care how I act? U sound insecure. I also don’t care if any of ur friends like me. U said it urself this is the easy leveler farming bracket. I don’t respect u or ur friends. I’m just trying to get more competitive people into the only active twinking bracket on retail