Interesting Item thread (No flaming, only constructive replies please)

wtshaha.png

is this item good? has anyone used it in a bg if so

Looks top notch to me bro

Haven’t used it personally but that window seems really large and slightly overbudgeted

could save someone in a tight spot or

Edit: did you mean to put that on the official bragging thread :p
well i think its an MoP trinket? i have an on use mop dungeon trinket that i happen to use for some reason on one of my bg toons... its Massivly reduced in instanced pvp

Also wanna check out Ember of Nullification but havent got around to it yet.
I've had this a while but never seen much from it, but thought I'd test carefully. I now see why: seems it only procs from attacker spells.
Let some mobs in Surumar City attack me. Even hybrid mobs, when using physical attacks won't trigger it. I also engaged a pair of melee and caster mobs simultaneously. I set Focus the caster, while letting the melee whack on me, and the caster would get silenced, but near as I can tell, only from their spells, not the meleer attacks.

Good news is the silence happens every 20seconds or so. I engaged an Orbiter, and like clockwork, every 20sec or so, they would get silenced.

This is on a lvl 45 char and I haven't done any PvP lately so can't tell you about that. Would a duel be a good enough test? Controlled experiment.

I've had this a while but never seen much from it, but thought I'd test carefully. I now see why: seems it only procs from attacker spells...

it literally says "taking MAGIC damage...", am I missing something?

I've had this a while but never seen much from it, but thought I'd test carefully. I now see why: seems it only procs from attacker spells.
Let some mobs in Surumar City attack me. Even hybrid mobs, when using physical attacks won't trigger it. I also engaged a pair of melee and caster mobs simultaneously. I set Focus the caster, while letting the melee whack on me, and the caster would get silenced, but near as I can tell, only from their spells, not the meleer attacks.

Good news is the silence happens every 20seconds or so. I engaged an Orbiter, and like clockwork, every 20sec or so, they would get silenced.

This is on a lvl 45 char and I haven't done any PvP lately so can't tell you about that. Would a duel be a good enough test? Controlled experiment.

I've fought a resto druid with this trinket in a BG on my arcane mage. It's super annoying being silenced every 20 seconds. Can really mess up my burst on clearcasting procs.

IMO it's a really good defensive trinket.
[doublepost=1610972491,1610954728][/doublepost]Here's what happens when you use both https://www.wowhead.com/item=24110/living-ruby-pendant?bonus=6883 and https://www.wowhead.com/item=175588/faewoven-cowl?bonus=7200:1507:6646 (8 piece) in the 29 bracket (on a lvl 60 party sync).
upload_2021-1-18_23-17-34.png

73 k healing as an arcane mage lol

upload_2021-1-18_23-19-27.png

Fae heal did 36.8 k healing with 76.54 k over healing lol. Living ruby pendant did 27.5 k. Almost as much total healing as the enemy disc priest.

Last edited:
I've fought a resto druid with this trinket in a BG on my arcane mage. It's super annoying being silenced every 20 seconds. Can really mess up my burst on clearcasting procs.

IMO it's a really good defensive trinket.
[doublepost=1610972491,1610954728][/doublepost]Here's what happens when you use both https://www.wowhead.com/item=24110/living-ruby-pendant?bonus=6883 and https://www.wowhead.com/item=175588/faewoven-cowl?bonus=7200:1507:6646 (8 piece) in the 29 bracket (on a lvl 60 party sync).
View attachment 18049

73 k healing as an arcane mage lol

View attachment 18050

Fae heal did 36.8 k healing with 76.54 k over healing lol. Living ruby pendant did 27.5 k. Almost as much total healing the enemy disc priest.
So setbonus is working when partysynced o.0 ?

So setbonus is working when partysynced o.0 ?

It's the only one that I've found that works. All covenant armor set bonuses probably work (minus the shadowland zone exclusive ones of course). It takes about 2 months to get a full set though so I won't be testing any others.

Anyone got interesting cape choice ideas? for guardian druid stacking stamina and armor.

Last edited:
If you sort by the word "Equip" on Professions, you get all kinds of interesting items that are possibly worth testing. That is if you are a Profession whore like me and have been playing since ~2007 and still have all kinds of odd rando Patterns from 'back in the day'.

EDIT: Yes, sort on the Profession in Game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread