Increase the Twink Cup 2019 Prize Pool for FREE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That statement makes no sense. I'm not looking for a tournament, but I'm debating the prioritization of a single bracket with the donations of a Twink Community page (Yes exactly and that doesn't only mean level 19). This community site supports only one bracket. And it has been for years. And no I don't speak ONLY for 70. I also speak of other brackets like level 20, 29, 59(meanwhile). It is irresponsible to support only one bracket and to pulverize over thousands of dollars for only one bracket, instead of accepting a little more donations from other brackets and thus having a higher prize pool that you can spread over several brackets.

Don’t sweat it my friend. That’s the go response from a few people.
Lots of people actually believe it’s “us vs them”. This sort of tribal mentality is what got us into the predicament that we are in now.
You are stating practically exactly what I stated in another thread about this subject.

/cheers
[doublepost=1559239287,1559239111][/doublepost]
You're still not getting what's the point. I'll leave it.

They won’t.
Operate with blinders on they do.
Unable to see the big picture they are.

/cheers

Don’t sweat it my friend. That’s the go response from a few people.
Lots of people actually believe it’s “us vs them”. This sort of tribal mentality is what got us into the predicament that we are in now.
You are stating practically exactly what I stated in another thread about this subject.

/cheers
[doublepost=1559239287,1559239111][/doublepost]

They won’t.
Operate with blinders on they do.
Unable to see the big picture they are.

/cheers
Must feel nice that u found someone as simple minded as you, huh?

Where do you think most of the thousands of dollars from years ago came from? The big donations all came from people that main 19s themselves. No1 is gonna donate a shit load of money on brackets that they don't care about and aren't active.

Years ago, when the large donations came from a couple people, that was fine and dandy. Those donators could determine where/what (even who) their money went to. That is no longer the case and is in the past. It’s time for the TC evolve or become extinct. At the current pace it will be extinct very soon.

/cheers

Years ago, when the large donations came from a couple people, that was fine and dandy. Those donators could determine where/what (even who) their money went to. That is no longer the case and is in the past. It’s time for the TC evolve or become extinct. At the current pace it will be extinct very soon.

No one has donated to this years tourney yet. Nothing is stopping you from starting your own 29/39/49/59/70 etc etc tourney and not getting donations there as well.

U twits need to figure it out. 19s has a cult-like following nd will coordinate these type of events regardless of prize pools. Either put in the work yourself, or quit complaining about the efforts of others to organize.

if more people were vocal about a change, people would listen.

at the moment it's 2 people being vocal about changing bracket while 40 from the 19s bracket are actively showing interest in participating.

not to mention neither of the 2 vocal against it being 19s are showing any sign of wanting to participate in any bracket.

WE SHOULD MAKE THE TWINK CUP BE IN THE MOST POPULAR BRACKET!

*19s fields 4 teams, other brackets struggle for a casual wargame*

WHY DOES NOBODY WANT THE TWINK CUP TO BE IN A DIFFERENT BRACKET!?

/cheers
You have 0 clue what you're talking about like usual

That statement makes no sense. I'm not looking for a tournament, but I'm debating the prioritization of a single bracket with the donations of a Twink Community page (Yes exactly and that doesn't only mean level 19). This community site supports only one bracket. And it has been for years. And no I don't speak ONLY for 70. I also speak of other brackets like level 20, 29, 59(meanwhile). It is irresponsible to support only one bracket and to pulverize over thousands of dollars for only one bracket, instead of accepting a little more donations from other brackets and thus having a higher prize pool that you can spread over several brackets.
The 19 community made the twink cip for 19s, the 70 comminity can make a twink cup for 70s.

The 19 community made the twink cip for 19s, the 70 comminity can make a twink cup for 70s.

And there is that tribalism rearing it’s ugly head again!!
Many of us have played several brackets my friend. I owe absolutely zero allegiance to any of them. None to a faction either. It’s just a video game to me. Nothing more... Nothing less.

/cheers

And there is that tribalism rearing it’s ugly head again!!
Many of us have played several brackets my friend. I owe absolutely zero allegiance to any of them. None to a faction either. It’s just a video game to me. Nothing more... Nothing less.

/cheers
Gotta admire the work ethic it takes to log on every day and just post the dumbest possible take at any given moment

I dont understand why so few have done this?
not even those participating is doing it?

true, its not about the money and blabla.... but we are a community?:(

I dont understand why so few have done this?
not even those participating is doing it?

true, its not about the money and blabla.... but we are a community?:(
I'm not sure either, i thought that people would jump on the idea to build up the prize pool for free. Without the interest of the usual big donators putting money towards the event, the event is bound to have a low prize pool. **Gulp**

The idea that @Allybeboba put forth regarding entrance fees in lieu of donations was actually pretty good. Could also try something like a token as the entrance fee for each player, with the winning team all getting a bunch of free months. Not sure if token mechanics allow that? Haven't played in awhile.

so piss off the forums and die grandpa

What does age have to do with not being obsessed with a video game? I simply know where the line of reality line ends and begins.
People being obsessed over brackets and factions is no different than the people that fight over apple vs Samsung or Ford vs Chevy(GM).
They are all simply immature arguments. Immaturity is not indicative of age.
Some type of people practice tribalism. They stick with their chosen “tribe”(apple, Samsung, Ford, Chevy, Horde, Alliance, what-have-you) no matter the ridiculous outcome. Be it in the real world or in a video game. Those very same people also tend to be easily be affected by herd mentality as well. We have witnessed that phenomenon time and time again on this particular forum.

I just happen to not subscribe to tribalism. IDGAF about brand loyalty for example. The only way that I would be loyal to a brand is if they paid me to be loyal to them.

/cheers

If you're playing in the twink cup for the cash prizes, then you sound really poor.

Hey! Calling people poor is my line!

On the topic of tokens idk how those work exactly either, but the gold from selling them could be used for the prize pool - then people have the choice to buy tokens themselves or in game shit.

The idea that @Allybeboba put forth regarding entrance fees in lieu of donations was actually pretty good. Could also try something like a token as the entrance fee for each player, with the winning team all getting a bunch of free months. Not sure if token mechanics allow that? Haven't played in awhile.

I offered six months and a mount last year to the “MVP”. One was never chosen.
It can be gifted.

/cheers

What does age have to do with not being obsessed with a video game? I simply know where the line of reality line ends and begins.
People being obsessed over brackets and factions is no different than the people that fight over apple vs Samsung or Ford vs Chevy(GM).
They are all simply immature arguments. Immaturity is not indicative of age.
Some type of people practice tribalism. They stick with their chosen “tribe”(apple, Samsung, Ford, Chevy, Horde, Alliance, what-have-you) no matter the ridiculous outcome. Be it in the real world or in a video game. Those very same people also tend to be easily be affected by herd mentality as well. We have witnessed that phenomenon time and time again on this particular forum.

I just happen to not subscribe to tribalism. IDGAF about brand loyalty for example. The only way that I would be loyal to a brand is if they paid me to be loyal to them.

/cheers

Just shut up already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread