PTR Incomplete classes @ level 10. Shadowlands

handsomedgc

Scum of the earth
How are you guys feeling about class design at level ten?
Many classes seem to be very incomplete, even lacking talents.
If the bracket is going to be 10-19, which I can't find a statement about, it will be very imba.

welcome to low level twinking. I hope you enjoy your stay
Listen, I didn't came here to complain about imbalance.

Most expansions had the decency to give most classes core builders/spenders at the F2P level.

It looks to be very clunky in Shadowlands.

I will continue to pop arenas, especially when large scale changes like yesterday/this morning happen on PTR. I retain some (not much) optimism that perhaps abilities become available when scaled up to 19.

Hoping that the tooltip saying I gained X abilities when I scaled up wasnt a mistake and just needs to be implemented.

I will continue to pop arenas, especially when large scale changes like yesterday/this morning happen on PTR. I retain some (not much) optimism that perhaps abilities become available when scaled up to 19.

Hoping that the tooltip saying I gained X abilities when I scaled up wasnt a mistake and just needs to be implemented.
Can you enlighten me what the PvP brackets are?

Most expansions had the decency to give most classes core builders/spenders at the F2P level.
all classes do have that, just not all specs.

fury warrior, holy pally, ele shaman, feral/resto druid, rogues, MM hunter, destro lock, H Priest, MW and WW monk, arcane mage...

Some kits are fuller than others *coughMMcough* but every class has at least one spec thats got a viable kit.

Have you tried any /cast macros? Maybe they work even if the spells aren't showing on the bars or in the spell book?

I agree that lvl 10 feels very clunky with no real rotation that seems to work. I’m hoping they allow F2P to go to 15 or 20.
My Hunter improved a heap at lvl 11 with focus regen, so even 1 level made a huge difference.
And my Prot Warrior is woeful at 10. Can’t build rage so u spend ages white hitting. Tanking is disgusting at 10.
By 15, we get a talent and additional abilities so I’m really.... really hoping they allow us to be 15 or 20.

pretty sure the idea is to dangle the carrot at FTP, not provide reasons to keep playing without paying.

This is true, but even the most recent set of trial account abilities made each spec fairly "complete," in the sense that they are self-sufficient. They don't have loose ends.

Balance at level 10 has a mastery that requires a passive that isn't available until level 11.

That level of incompleteness is new.

That level of incompleteness is new
for all their focus on rebuilding the starter experience from top to bottom, it sure does feel like level 10 (where you end the starter isle at) wasnt real thought out as sort of a landing spot for trials. I get dangling the carrot, for sure, but as it stands its kind of a mushy, weird looking carrot.

I like the way MM hunter is at 10. killing stuff from 60+ yards away is dope!
ilvl 54
arcane shot hits hard enough (380)
Steady Shot is a mobile move (380)
aimed shot is just way to OP (1574)
A pet with a tanking, leech or speed buff.
Zandalari buff along hits for 71.
Not even close to BIS
Hands down I think Hunter is the best at 10
the Azerite traits you're able to use are your talents.

Last edited:
Class design to me feels solid. Class balance might be a nightmare. but mostly everything is fun to play in a vacuum. We'll see how it feels balance wise. Everything, at least, is crunchy and has a lot of core stuff. Kinda happy to see CC have some limits and be spread out more evenly. Hunter, for all its problems, at least has no concussive shot for the first time, what ever? Should ease the burden of death gripping backpedallers.

Kinda into the minimalism of 10s, even with these weird kits and mastery and all. Feels like fear and polymorph and hamstring will be impactful spells again.

This is true, but even the most recent set of trial account abilities made each spec fairly "complete," in the sense that they are self-sufficient. They don't have loose ends.

Balance at level 10 has a mastery that requires a passive that isn't available until level 11.

That level of incompleteness is new.

I hope blizzard will notice stuff like this. This is like getting mend pet before getting a pet as a hunter lol.

Users who are viewing this thread