In regard to the level 10 'problem'

Subpar said:
See, thats not how the thread really went, sorry bro. Like I said earlier:

u-mad1.jpg

Also, 450 profs are obscure? olol

The 'being mad' part of my post really doesnt have anything to do with you tbh, its got more to do with the hypocrisy of the site. However, unless youre a mouthbreather you should realize that the 'obscure' reference is claiming that 'well i say that this one time a long time ago 6 nontwinks couldnt kill me, so that satisfies my part of the claim'. First, Ive seen you play, I wouldnt take a bet of you against 6 nontwinks if you were a BiS twink. Second, who gives a flying fuck how a twink compares about nontwinks?

Edit: As usual though, this is the Subpar response:

Hi my name is Subpar and Im going to twist your words in an attempt to dilute their meaning

Falaris said:
The 'being mad' part of my post really doesnt have anything to do with you tbh, its got more to do with the hypocrisy of the site. However, unless youre a mouthbreather you should realize that the 'obscure' reference is claiming that 'well i say that this one time a long time ago 6 nontwinks couldnt kill me, so that satisfies my part of the claim'. First, Ive seen you play, I wouldnt take a bet of you against 6 nontwinks if you were a BiS twink. Second, who gives a flying fuck how a twink compares about nontwinks

Except it wasnt "one time a long time ago", it was pretty much constantly from the minute cross-realm BGs were released to the day the XP-off function was added. The reason people hated twinks was essentially the exact same reason we hate resil 10s now: you couldnt kill them, even with half your team at your back. Lucky for us, 10 twinks do pretty shit damage.

And yeah, I think Ive always been the first to admit that Im not very good on my 29 rogue lol, I play it mostly just because I like that guild.

inc word twisting and nerd ragings

Missboom said:
No matter how twinked out you were, you couldn't take on 6 people. There is nothing in twinking history that is more powerful than the level 10's durability.

I dunno about that. When you could cap your block/parry/dodge at 100% I could back-peddle from flagroom to flagroom with 6+ dying on my shield spike. The resilence stacking does give you ridiculous survivablity, but, no real offense to speak of. Once it's tweeked a little, it will be fine.

With the change to the talent trees I was actually planning on playing more level 10's since the gap in talent points and available spells is much closer than it's ever been. I've played a level 10 warrior for a long time and it's gone through a lot of changes. Warriors losing Hamstring and Overpower are pretty much completely gimp now. Right now, I almost feel like I have to run resilience to have a fighting chance on my level 10 warrior. I see no problem with gimp classes using whatever means necessary to be competitive. Of course there will be some that want to push the advantage as far as possible and play ez-mode, because they are either bored, orget some sick staisfaction from ruining eveyone elses fun, or they are pathetic lemmings.

fochixi said:
I dunno about that. When you could cap your block/parry/dodge at 100% I could back-peddle from flagroom to flagroom with 6+ dying on my shield spike. The resilence stacking does give you ridiculous survivablity, but, no real offense to speak of. Once it's tweeked a little, it will be fine.

With the change to the talent trees I was actually planning on playing more level 10's since the gap in talent points and available spells is much closer than it's ever been. I've played a level 10 warrior for a long time and it's gone through a lot of changes. Warriors losing Hamstring and Overpower are pretty much completely gimp now. Right now, I almost feel like I have to run resilience to have a fighting chance on my level 10 warrior. I see no problem with gimp classes using whatever means necessary to be competitive. Of course there will be some that want to push the advantage as far as possible and play ez-mode, because they are either bored, orget some sick staisfaction from ruining eveyone elses fun, or they are pathetic lemmings.

The fact that you could take on 6 people with 100% block/dodge/parry just means theyre bad players. In no way is that comparable to the resilience issues atm.

Subpar said:
Lucky for us, 10 twinks do pretty shit damage.

This new breed of resilience twinks do, but, I have a stick wielding, dress wearing warrior who sez otherwise........although now losing hamstring and Overpower, it's really bad for warriors. Subtlety Rogues and BM Hunters should do decent damage at level 10.

Falaris said:
The fact that you could take on 6 people with 100% block/dodge/parry just means theyre bad players. In no way is that comparable to the resilience issues atm.

Or I could be really good. ;)

I'm not trying to say that it's "ok" I'm just saying there have been things that were OP before and we delt with it and the changes that came. I got to see my level 10 twink become a melee god with the 100% block/parry/dodge. Then it was nerfed and I changed it to a 2hander haste beatstick. I'm not really excited about the resilience stacking since it provides little to no offense. You can survive and hold flags........but that's not my idea of a good time. Some might enjoy that, but, I think the players that really get a kick out of running flags like a challenge........and resilience stacking takes that out of the equation.

I'm sure it will see a fix at some point. For me that's both a good and bad thing. I don't like playing flavor of the month twinks and l'm sad to see level 10's become that. On the same token, not having hamstring and overpower is going to make it pretty damn near impossible to play my level 10 warrior. Without that utility, surviability is my only option.

*edit*

I got more complaints during the 100% block/parry/doge era than I do with resilience stacking. Of course I don't grab flags and sit on them. I can outlast with resilience, but, I can't do anywhere near the damage I did when I could spamstring everything, Overpower rogues while I ping them for 60+ for every block (over 50% at that time) I'd gladly take the my warrior twink from 2 years ago instead of this no damage abomination 4.0.1 brought about. Might as well push a stick up my ass and drop me in the milatary ward of IF.

fochixi said:
Or I could be really good. ;)

I'm not trying to say that it's "ok" I'm just saying there have been things that were OP before and we delt with it and the changes that came. I got to see my level 10 twink become a melee god with the 100% block/parry/dodge. Then it was nerfed and I changed it to a 2hander haste beatstick. I'm not really excited about the resilience stacking since it provides little to no offense. You can survive and hold flags........but that's not my idea of a good time. Some might enjoy that, but, I think the players that really get a kick out of running flags like a challenge........and resilience stacking takes that out of the equation.

I'm sure it will see a fix at some point. For me that's both a good and bad thing. I don't like playing flavor of the month twinks and l'm sad to see level 10's become that. On the same token, not having hamstring and overpower is going to make it pretty damn near impossible to play my level 10 warrior. Without that utility, surviability is my only option.

*edit*

I got more complaints during the 100% block/parry/doge era than I do with resilience stacking. Of course I don't grab flags and sit on them. I can outlast with resilience, but, I can't do anywhere near the damage I did when I could spamstring everything, Overpower rogues while I ping them for 60+ for every block (over 50% at that time) I'd gladly take the my warrior twink from 2 years ago instead of this no damage abomination 4.0.1 brought about. Might as well push a stick up my ass and drop me in the milatary ward of IF.

95% of players in WoW are bad, and dont even realize that your zomguber 100% dodge is irrelevant when they attack you from behind. No one can dodge 6 competent players aiming for their back.

Falaris said:
95% of players in WoW are bad, and dont even realize that your zomguber 100% dodge is irrelevant when they attack you from behind. No one can dodge 6 competent players aiming for their back.

You'd be surprised.

Falaris said:

actually most of it was block.........so hamstringing 6+, keeping them in your face, and dying on your shield spike was actually rather easy. Not much for rogues to do besides back off and regroup with caster support.

Maybe you've never seen it happen, but, I've done it vs pugs and premades alike. But, that was a long time ago. Times have changed and fortunately resilience will too.

Users who are viewing this thread