EU+US Im a rogue, few questions from the fresh twink

Goldstriker

Grandfathered
Right, so this is me:

I do have a few questions, hopefully some of them will be answered by @necroaqua as he really works his ass off to supply information which i admire mostly, p.s anyone has his armory? To the point:

1. Is there an enchant guide where I can find which enchants I should apply to my rogue? (important)

2. Is there a BiS manual or guide that is up to date with all the items that i must have?

3. What the hell does ilvl have top do with anything? I though it should be more agility necks and rings and not white ilvl boosted items o_O

4. Can someone supply me with an armory of a person who I can follow and treat as the "guru" of up-to-date gear and spec?

5. Are there any rwink guilds in the steamwheedle cartel/moonglade/ EU community?

Last edited:
1. Find the armory of almost any 19 rogue: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Arty/advanced
2. Have you even looked?: https://xpoff.com/threads/19-legion-gear-prep-guide.67478/
3. BG stats are based on a template, you get x stats at the base Ilvl and more when you reach certain breakpoints. For 19 i believe the goal is 41.x Ilvl (just aim for 42).
4. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Arty/advanced
5. Moonglade/steamwheedle are RP pve realms, so probably not considering a twink is based around pvping.

P.s. Any popular twink guilds that you know of? I would prefer Alliance, since wont have time to lvl and get the fel gear on a horde character before legion launches :) sorry for the dumb question and I know some of this information is on the forum but I will slowly get there, just fel in love with wow all over again thanks to twinking idea

4. Can someone supply me with an armory of a person who I can follow and treat as the "guru" of up-to-date gear and spec?
ViwOEfd.png

*My spec is actually Outlaw*​

Last edited:
Right, so this is me:

I do have a few questions, hopefully some of them will be answered by @necroaqua as he really works his ass off to supply information which i admire mostly, p.s anyone has his armory? To the point:

1. Is there an enchant guide where I can find which enchants I should apply to my rogue? (important)

2. Is there a BiS manual or guide that is up to date with all the items that i must have?

3. What the hell does ilvl have top do with anything? I though it should be more agility necks and rings and not white ilvl boosted items o_O

5. Are there any rwink guilds in the steamwheedle cartel/moonglade/ EU community?

Happy to help. My armory is in my signature.

1. Enchants don't apply in battlegrounds anymore. So don't bother for BGs and arenas. For wPvP, you can take a look at a WoD guide for enchants - they should be the same until we know what legion gives us (look at the quick start guide in my sig to find old WoD stuff).

2. Make sure to always have leather. No cosmetic or cloth. Get on those invasions while you still can. I'd recommend using assassination as your loot spec, as the WF dagger is the best offhand for both specs
Head: Griftah Mask (100) > Invasion TF (34) > Invasion WF (29) > Heirloom/Invasion (24)
Neck: White (80)
Shoulders: Invasion TF (34) > 29 > Heirloom/Invasions (24)
Cloak: Dungeon Box (25)
Chest: Invasion TF (34) > 29 > BG Box (27) > Heirloom/Invasions (24)
Wrist: Invasion TF (34) > 29 > BG Box (27) > Any 24
Gloves: Invasion TF (34) > 29 > Any 24 (24)
Belt: Invasion TF (34) > 29 > Dungeon Box (25)
Legs: Invasion TF (34) > 29 >BG Box (27) > Heirloom/Invasions (24)
Boots: Invasion TF (34) > 29 > BG Box (27) > Heirloom/Invasions (24)
Rings: The Rock x2 (60)
Trinkets: 2x Fishing trinket (65) > AGM (55) > Minor recombobulator (28)

Outlaw MH: Heirloom sword or Mace (2.8 attack speed)
Outlaw OH: Invasion TF (34) > 29 > BG Box (27) > Heirloom/Invasion/Anything 24 (24)
Assass MH: Jagged Wing Slasher > TF Dagger (34) > Talon of Vultros = WF Dagger (29)
Assass OH: TF Dagger (34) > 29 > BG Box (27) > Heirloom Dagger

3. In instanced PvP, every class/spec has a specific template for stats. The "base" template is for someone who has an item in every slot, but has ilvl 24 or less. For every average ilvl above 24, you gain .1% stats. Since most of your stats are only around 100 anyway, that means it usually takes 10ish additional ilvls to actually get an increase of 1 stat. So getting max ilvl is a pretty small boost.

4. Rogues are pretty straightforward. Lots of people have them, keep an eye on signatures for armories. Outlaw spec is the best all around. Assassin is the best utility. Subtlety is the best dps in a perfectly ideal situation, but that situation never happens and it has no slow.

5. Dunno about the EU community, sorry.

Breakpoints?

The way ilvl templating appears to work is that for each ilvl above the "standard", you get .1% extra stats. The standard at 19 is ilvl 24.

However, since 19 stats aren't too high, those stats don't get to a whole number too often. It appears that having only part of a stat doesn't affect things. So you only gain a boost in damage when you hit a "breakpoint", which is where you get 1 more of a particular stat. So getting your ilvl from 44 to 45 may not do anything unless ilvl 45 is a breakpoint.

For example, if we have 100 agi at ilvl 24, then we gain 1 agi at ilvl 34 and another at ilvl 44. So getting to ilvl 45 or 50 or even 53 doesn't actually provide any additional agility. But perhaps ilvls 36 and 46 grant additional stam. So ilvl 46 hits a breakpoint for a different stat. Note that these numbers are made up - I don't know the breakpoints off the top of my head.

But since the templates are different for each class (and often for each spec), theres a lot of different possible breakpoints to aim for. I'm not sure anyone has really looked in detail and posted breakpoints for different classes. I might look into it after legion drops - as I expect there to be additional changes in the stat templates.

Users who are viewing this thread