ICC vs SCC May 2nd. @ 9pm est

Please no trolls, this is going to be a good game. No negativity or anything this is purely to boost the bracket.

May 2nd
9 P.M eastern time.

more info to come

Rules

No more then 1 hunter / 1 rogue / no more then1 druid of the same spec. and no more then 5 healers and no more then 2 of each class.
SCC got this in the bag going to be a fun premade

Why would we do that when we can support the numbers in guild, there is something so alluring about seeing ten people in a WSG with no server name next too their own, to be completely honest that hurts recruitment as well. It's easy enough to roll a new 24. If by some reason we did need to sub some people out of guild we would look at the best candidates on our friends lists, however I don't foresee that as an issue for SCC.

1. More people = better competition.

2. Why would I want to make new 24s when I already have a bunch?

3. This isn't 2004. Get with the times. Play cross realm, that's why they implemented it in the game.

3. This isn't 2004. Get with the times. Play cross realm, that's why they implemented it in the game.

We will go against any 10, 5, 5v5, 3, or 2 man, perhaps make your own cross server one? I think more people should do this kind of thing.

Last edited:

But guild tags are so nice :)

But guild tags are so nice

Guild tags have absolutely nothing to do with pvp or the aspect of competition associated with pvp. It's literally as trivial as transmog gear, titles, mounts, or tabards.

We've had plenty of success under the current paradigm.

The amount of success you've had is irrelevant. You SHOULD want to expand the scope of your events and include as many people as possible.

Under that logic there is no point of the guild mechanism.

When it comes to fighting, there isn't. What guild you're in has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

We will go against any 10, 5, 5v5, 3, or 2 man, perhaps make your own cross server one? I think more people should do this kind of thing. It's unnecessary for us tho. You can literally gear most classes 95% in under a day - Gnomer gear.

You're missing the point:

1. I want to participate (as I'm sure other people do as well).

2. I already have finished characters (several of them, in fact).

3. The only thing stopping me is your arbitrary rule against allowing people from outside guild/server to participate. I could transfer or reroll and be included. I don't want to do either of those things because they are not necessary due to the fact that I already have the characters created and I could easily just queue cross realm with your groups.

hey willix i think what u could do or anyone can do is maybe make a thread for b tags or people wanting to join some wargame fun or premades and u can make teams from there sure they might be weak cuz they will be random groups but get some premades under the belt and i always found tougher games to be funner and wargames are usally tougher then random wsg's (not always but usually) a person might mind that 20 people a day will be willing to play and we might start being part of premade games every day.

build a team and challange some of these guilds for some games im sure they will be down as long as u field 10 and make some class rules the 20-24 has enough active tinks to pull this off

Last edited by a moderator:

We will go against any 10, 5, 5v5, 3, or 2 man, perhaps make your own cross server one? I think more people should do this kind of thing.

Guild tags have absolutely nothing to do with pvp or the aspect of competition associated with pvp. It's literally as trivial as transmog gear, titles, mounts, or tabards.

The amount of success you've had is irrelevant. You SHOULD want to expand the scope of your events and include as many people as possible.

When it comes to fighting, there isn't. What guild you're in has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

3. The only thing stopping me is your arbitrary rule against allowing people from outside guild/server to participate. I could transfer or reroll and be included. I don't want to do either of those things because they are not necessary due to the fact that I already have the characters created and I could easily just queue cross realm with your groups.

Actually, I think you are missing the point, while SCC prioritizes organized Twinking to it's fullest we are an organized COMMUNITY first and foremost. I'm not looking to argue with you man, it's not like i'm intentionally trying to exclude you. Feel free to add me and if we need your class we might take you, my Btag is Conq#1458, other than that all I can say is to make a team of your own, you can even take people from SCC as long as there is no conflict of interest when it comes to my guild members team.

I'll have you know I take my Transmog very seriously sir. When it comes to premades having nothing to to with being in guild I suppose the only defense I have in that regard is that I'm an introvert and I like to keep a close-knit circle of people I play and hang around with, oh and being the GM of SCC does help to inflate my ego, there is that. lol

SCC has had and will continue to have bracket wide events. Our premade teams are just that, our premade teams.

Last edited:

not a true guild vs guild premade if not all players are in the same guild and this takes away from the hype of it. by rolling with a team all in the same guild it shows the players are dedicated to the guild and not some person that the team happened to randomly pick up that just wants to play in a premade

Eh we dont que pugs nearly as much as scc so we're probably foreign to forum voters/the public

Regardless of outcome can Conq @dimple save the vod for everyone who missed stream to watch?

Regardless of outcome we should also not limit it to a one time thing, SCC is interested in setting up premades with multiple guilds/teams on a regular basis.

Last edited:
I really wish you would open these events up to people outside your guild/server. In an age of xrealm activity and btag lists, forcing people to move to your server/join your guild is pointless and antiquated. I would have come and played with you guys this last weekend but I was not willing to justify the $55 it would have required to faction swap and server transfer.

Willix best solution is just get 10 people who fit your team set up and then make a 20-24 post looking for a challenge to Premade you. With so many active guilds these days someone won't pass it up.

We can always bring back B.Y.O.G. Thursdays so many 24s qued up. Poll time??? Lol

not a true guild vs guild premade if not all players are in the same guild and this takes away from the hype of it. by rolling with a team all in the same guild it shows the players are dedicated to the guild and not some person that the team happened to randomly pick up that just wants to play in a premade

Probubly one of the best answers I have heard yet. You hit the nail on the head. This is exactly why guilds>btag

Personally I think it's actually better to keep it within guilds. There are a few reasons why I think this is better:

1. Clan/Guild wars actually feels like it has more meaning in the battle. It's like representing your country in a war. Picking up random people just makes it feel like I'm playing a PuG personally.

2. If events like this ever became successful on a regular basis, it would most likely encourage people to reroll on the same servers as these people and increase the growth in guilds and competition. I personally dislike it when entire communities are scattered among all of the realms.

This is just my opinion on the matter.

Personally I think it's actually better to keep it within guilds.

Your right it is better and most people prefer guild vs guild, but for a bracket that lacks competition you should be happy to get it anyway. Even if it's a pug. Until some guilds can get on their feet.

Then depending on rules. Some guilds don't have 3-5 viable healers. Me personally I like battle fatigue and having 3 heals and off heals having to heal. Also forcing teams to play old style O & D vs Mid strat.

The brackets has a history of it being easier to organize a Premade in the f2p section vs organizing a 24 Premade. Simply sync Queing.

this still happens though regardless when a guild is willing to pay for random transfers to fill their team

this still happens though regardless when a guild is willing to pay for random transfers to fill their team

Literally the last thing I would call these transfers is "random" candidates are actually strategically calculated quiet thoroughly by 3 different individuals looking at far more than just pvp performance, before a decision is made. We are looking at performance in BGs, personality, estimated commitment to the guild, and more before we spend a dime.

No-more than 2 of each class
no-more than 1 hunter
no-more than 1 rogue
no-more than 1 druid of each spec
no-more than 5 healers (heal spec)

Consumable limitations: anything aloud in the wargame is fairgame (same as rbg rules @ 90)

Edit:I copy pasted our guild info/what was sent to you in pm by barb word for word.

You forgot to include no more than 1 spriest.

Users who are viewing this thread