I hate your guts, CRZ

Naq

Legend
9:45pm in my *actual* realm, Dark Moon Faire is still on.
12:45am in crossed realm in Mulgore, Prarie Stalker gnawing at my toes.

*middle finger*

[edit] Clearing up any confusion, CRZ == Cross Realm Zones. I posit this feature does nothing to improve gameplay, since the social aspect of questing in this game is way more annoying than useful, especially at the level of F2P twinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
CRZ is an attempt to balance the load on the servers, but it's a poor solution to a problem that Blizzard themselves have caused through poor game design, and bad policies.

Zones are over or under utilised primarily due to either faction imbalance, which happens because Blizzard won't do anything to stop people transferring onto an already hugely overpopulated faction or realm (see PvP servers, with 9:1 or worse faction ratios), or due to level imbalance, which happens because they only rarely release new content for anything but endgame, the only time players are encouraged to play lower levels being when there's a new race or class, and then they'll level through old content as fast as they can to get to the endgame anyway.

Meanwhile GW2 limits transfers onto over populated realms, in order to prevent over/under population. Also by not having factions there's no way for players to try and join one in order to get an advantage over the other (and lets face it, while WoW may have factions, Bliz have done fuck all to make use of them for gameplay reasons, and they're only still there because of the story. World PvP is dead, and BGs could work just as well without factions, if not better thanks to racials no longer being a part of PvP imbalance).

GW2's dynamic deleveling means that new content can be spread out to cover the whole level range, and players won't have to roll a new character just to take advantage of low level expansion content. Also that game's overflow servers are a much better way to handle overpopulation, as they can handle the rush into starter or new endgame content that happens with a new expansion, much better than WoW's shunting players off into the underutilised parts of other realms (which end up being over utilised anyway, because of the sheer size of the influx of players that comes with an expansion).

One of the biggest complaints against CRZ is that it makes finding mining or herbing nodes, or just finding mobs to complete a quest, much, much harder, because of the number or players it puts into one place. Again, the way GW2 was developed took this problem into account. By matching the resource nodes to the number of players, exactly, by giving each player their own set of nodes, the resources will scale to match the number of players on the servers. Meanwhile in WoW, on everpopulated realms resources become scarce to the point that crafting professions cannot get materials, except at vastly inflated prices, because the limited number of nodes are shared between all the players.

All this is just a small part of the reason I only play WoW as F2P, that reason being that I'm no longer going to pay a subscriptions for a game that isn't being developed for the benefit of those who are paying for it.

Damn, I swear every one of your post I see is about bashing WoW and upping Guild Wars 2 .....

But on topic they need to fix CRZ i need my fishing hat on my pally :(
Could use the heirloom ring on druid as well. Hope they get this CRZ fixed asap

He's not rly bashing WoW.. everything he said like it or not is true about WoW. Idk about GW2.. for all I know it could be shit but WoW is just like how he said.

OT: I feel meh with CRZ.. I rolled a no name server to get away from most of the 12 year olds on this game and now I have 3 other realms in gs when I could barely handle one before. I think they need to fix it soon as I want to start on the Kalu'ak rep in northrend and all these reroll Horde healers keep complaining about not having a helm and how UP they are without it (no srsly I have heard horde healers say this lol). I also think there could be something there that lets you do multiple dailies with the daily reset each day but just need to test it.

all these reroll Horde healers keep complaining about not having a helm and how UP they are without it (no srsly I have heard horde healers say this lol)..

Well lets be honest all alliance healers basically get a free easy BiS helm besides priest, so they do have a point.
Also not denying the validity of his comments, it just a bit funny that all the recent post ive seen by him have had the same premise.

GW2 fanboys were convinced that the game was brilliant before they had played it or it was even released. Many of them had already lost interest in WoW and were trying to convince everyone to drink the Kool-Aid. The same thing happened with Star Wars, although SW fanboys have given up spamming this forum.

Implying that people are fanboys, just because they happen to find one game does some things better than another, is rich coming from someone who probably hasn't even played both in order to form a valid opinion from actual experience, and is in fact the real fanboy, due to their ignorant bias.

OT .... and this sounds ultra dumb .... and lazy on my part .... but where do you download GW2 so I can try this game out can't seem to find it when I look for it. I kinda want to see what the fuss is all about ... though ill probably end up gearing my ele shaman

Users who are viewing this thread