Hunting down the hacker

Sneaky

Legend
So today I spoke with a supervisor GM and I gave him all the information I could on who is behind all these hack attempts. I believe he has forwarded this to the hacking investigation team. I also spoke to a customer support rep today about it and he said the most appropriate thing to do would be to forward any information/suspicions (backed with some sort of proof, of course) by e-mail to hacks@blizzard.com. The customer service rep confirmed personally that he has seen someone get all of his accounts banned through this.

I figured that I might as well go and submit the information, but I know quite a number of the 15-19 twinking community members have been in contact with him and they can submit information as well. The more people that accuse him of hacking (with evidence), the more likely it is that he will be caught.

As far as I know, this is the correct information for the hacker:

Real ID name: **Please Contact Sneaky**
Battletag: **Please Contact Sneaky**
Character names: Twinkesaurus @ Barthilas - Community - World of Warcraft | Twinkosaurus @ Barthilas - Community - World of Warcraft | Freehandjøbs @ Barthilas - Community - World of Warcraft | Lïfestealing @ Barthilas - Community - World of Warcraft

Include any information about when (date and time) he logged into your account or whispered you about trying to get on your account. They can check through the logs to see what he said. Be careful with this too, it can be a double edged sword. If you have said something about selling/trading accounts they will be able to see that as well.

The supervisor GM I spoke to was able to go through my chat logs and IP login info and verify that whoever was from this IP address was indeed trying to get onto other peoples' accounts by acting as Sneaky (me).

Hell, even if you don't have evidence, submitting something is better than nothing (if you want to see the hacker caught, that is).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious, but why did this hacker want to fuck you over like this? Did you ever do anything to him? I hate how mean people have become.

Just curious, but why did this hacker want to fuck you over like this? Did you ever do anything to him? I hate how mean people have become.

I have 5 battle.net accounts under my name. One of which is the rogue that I sold to Kahr (as unfortunate as it is, he got screwed over too).

My main account has all the twinks listed in my signature + over 100 mounts (several TCG mounts too). I also have quite a few loaded mains and some other GF'd twinks (not 19, though).

If you take a look at his twinks, you'll see has never gotten one of them AGM or leveled professions or fully enchanted/geared them. So he's looking for people who have done all the hard work and has GF'd twinks. It's funny because he really made himself at home on my account. He switched around all my keybinds, changed the transmogs on some of my toons, and even leveled a priest to 18. I think he had expected to lock me out of my account by now, or if that didn't happen, he's just waiting for me to give up (this cat and mouse game is actually really frustrating and tiring).

It definitely is solid advice. It's a good thing he came into contact with plenty of people anways, he tried to hack/scam most of the people he met, so that means tons of potential reports.

Let me know if you can get any traffic logs or technical information such as IP locations from where he logged into your account or any sort of digital breadcrumbs that you might come across. I don't work for Blizzard obviously, but tracking down amateur hackers involved in any number of online scams is fraud is what I do for a living.

Let me know if you can get any traffic logs or technical information such as IP locations from where he logged into your account or any sort of digital breadcrumbs that you might come across. I don't work for Blizzard obviously, but tracking down amateur hackers involved in any number of online scams is fraud is what I do for a living.

Unfortunately I have none of that information and Blizz couldn't tell me anything because of protocol. The only things I know about him I have mentioned in the thread, and besides that I know his skype and that he lives in Australia.

Unfortunately I have none of that information and Blizz couldn't tell me anything because of protocol. The only things I know about him I have mentioned in the thread, and besides that I know his skype and that he lives in Australia.

PM me any information you have on the guy.

also snekay the swords on your monk are fucking sexy i will have that mog too

Depending on how I (and my pockets) feel, I'll probably end up remaking my monk, once I get my account back for good.

(WTB Shadowfangs :D)

This hacker person needs to be put down like an old dog, verbally. He needs a serious talkin' to, probably by his father that never pays attention to him.

We're all pulling for you, Sneaky. Please get your account back for us. We miss the bloody hell outta ya.

- Union and the rest of the community of TI

I have 5 battle.net accounts under my name. One of which is the rogue that I sold to Kahr (as unfortunate as it is, he got screwed over too).

My main account has all the twinks listed in my signature + over 100 mounts (several TCG mounts too). I also have quite a few loaded mains and some other GF'd twinks (not 19, though).

If you take a look at his twinks, you'll see has never gotten one of them AGM or leveled professions or fully enchanted/geared them. So he's looking for people who have done all the hard work and has GF'd twinks. It's funny because he really made himself at home on my account. He switched around all my keybinds, changed the transmogs on some of my toons, and even leveled a priest to 18. I think he had expected to lock me out of my account by now, or if that didn't happen, he's just waiting for me to give up (this cat and mouse game is actually really frustrating and tiring).

If he were that interested in twinks, leveling a well-geared 19 monk doesn't fit the story, though. Something's not right.

Last edited by a moderator:
He talked to me and tried to get my info. I continued to say Yes if we talked on vent/Skype first, following this he removed me from real Id. Somehow he knew about all my different twinks that I hardly/never play, so I wouldn't be surprised if ill be hacked next.

Ill be sending in a report tomorrow to help him get caught.

P.S.: Happy New Years guys!

Users who are viewing this thread