Hunters are completely out of control and ruin this bracket

Gorillamode said:
This is why brackets die.

Because I don't care? I'm far from a WoW pro, but a single class can't have that hard of a stranglehold on an entire bracket. I'm sure there are answers for Hunters, I just don't know what they would be. I think the problem most people have is if you run away from them they slow you down and rape you and if you run towards them, they run away and shoot you while running. If you ever get to close, Raptor Strike and they run off probably dropping a trap. I just think that they have a bigger bag of tricks than any other class. 2 v 1, if you play smart and work together, a Hunter will go down. And finding that in PUG is difficult and because of this Hunters flourish.

~Zuty

Auto shot while moving is what really pushed hunters over the edge, 4.1 they were no nearly as bad because they were doing slot less damage if you forced them to kite, now they can kite all day long and lose no damage.

Regular 59s, with DKs in their full blues that took better enchants than anything other 59s could get.

Simple fact is hunters at low levels get far more abilities than they need to to do well. They were considered the strongest class in the past, when they didn't have disengage, scatter-shot, autoshot while moving, concussive shot with a duration matching it's cooldown. Never mind sufficient burst to burn through a disc priest's bubble, penanace and flash heal, before they even complete the flash heal (and that's 20 hunters, not 24s).

Back then I'd say you had a valid excuse for saying people just needed to L2P against them, now you're making pathetic excuses for playing what is undeniably an OP class. You shouldn't need to 2v1 them with any combination of other classes that don't include another hunter, but if they are a good player then that is what you will have to do.

Yasueh said:
Regular 59s, with DKs in their full blues that took better enchants than anything other 59s could get.

Simple fact is hunters at low levels get far more abilities than they need to to do well. They were considered the strongest class in the past, when they didn't have disengage, scatter-shot, autoshot while moving, concussive shot with a duration matching it's cooldown. Never mind sufficient burst to burn through a disc priest's bubble, penanace and flash heal, before they even complete the flash heal (and that's 20 hunters, not 24s).

Back then I'd say you had a valid excuse for saying people just needed to L2P against them, now you're making pathetic excuses for playing what is undeniably an OP class. You shouldn't need to 2v1 them with any combination of other classes that don't include another hunter, but if they are a good player then that is what you will have to do.

Dks stopped being ridiculously op about the same time xp off was created so still no.

Poor argument. Just because some change eventually fixed the problem, doesn't mean you get to pretend it didn't exist.

augiddin said:
Auto shot while moving is what really pushed hunters over the edge, 4.1 they were no nearly as bad because they were doing slot less damage if you forced them to kite, now they can kite all day long and lose no damage.

this

29s.

Repeatedly.

and this.

i'm glad to see that there are still people twinking who know what they're talking about.

when i found out that hunters got auto-shot while moving, i thought that it was one of blizzard's april fools day jokes.

Hunters indeed are OP.

Playing ele shaman, 1v1 it's hard beating a hunter... Even non BiS ones are a pain. Hunter has 40 yards range, my longest range is 30 yards bolts.

Theoretically, I can't beat a smart hunter in open field. Best way is to close in much as possible, rest is up to class. LoS is a great help aswell if you can allow it.

My fight ussually goes like this... Shock >totems >Heal x times> shock and so on. I don't even have time for bolts, maybe ones. It feels more like a resto :s

Though in most real 1v1 situations I can pull it off, unless it's a skilled BM hunter.

Myself wouldn't play a hunter, for the single reason they're fotm+OP. Only thing I'd like bout' being one is having a funny pet :>

Only real ''solution'' I can think of is giving them a real TOUGH time, maybe they'll try something else. Only works vs. new ppl I think.

My first toon was a hunter about 4 years ago, didn't know anything about them. Made it because its like me in real life, dog at my side, gun on the other, out shooting things. That same toon is still my main.

Just started a hunter to try the 20s.

Gorillamode said:
waah waah waah

I'm not going to sit here and claim that a paladin is the hardest class to play or that it's a disadvantaged one, but even comparing them to hunters is silly at best.

youre right. paladin is the best class by far. except maybe 26+ or whenever priests get dispel.

Flamekeeper said:
Im pretty sure the only draw to being a hunter is it being so OP. People new to the game generally go with something cool sounding thats familiar (mage/rogue/warrior/priest) which are found in other games. People that are not new to game choose hunter because they know what it is to be one.

umm blizzard is advertising hunters as a good solo/beginners class on the char creation screen.

augiddin said:

thats only a buff for bad hunters who couldnt stop for autoshots while kiting.

C O T U S said:
i'm glad to see that there are still people twinking who know what they're talking about.

when i found out that hunters got auto-shot while moving, i thought that it was one of blizzard's april fools day jokes.

youre probably one of those ppl who whine about hunters and dont even know the basic class mechanics lol (see above)

Yasueh said:
Poor argument. Just because some change eventually fixed the problem, doesn't mean you get to pretend it didn't exist.

My argument is that there weren't twink brackets when dks were op so pops never stopped?

o and it affected good hunters also because u know they had 2 stop?

augiddin said:
o and it affected good hunters also because u know they had 2 stop?

yes for a split second every 3 seconds. didnt change anything

Best Rogue EU said:

Saying it changed NOTHING is just being ignorant. It was a very minor change for most good players though. And made it even easier for bad ones.

Best Rogue EU said:

ok so ur both slowed right, and now u have 2 choose do i stop and add dps or do i just keep moving but do little dps? yes it affected good hunters

somebody ban "Best Rogue EU", please. if you're going to let people get away with attempts at trolling that are this pathetic, you might as well just not have a forum at all.

i'm all for fun trolling, but if you suck at it, please just don't bother. you wasted an entire page of this thread. go practice on a different forum and come back when you're ready.

Hunters are just too fun. I started out rolling a Druid, Shammy, and Hunter. First of all the Hunter leveled so fast, I was in BGs and then the 20 Bracket before I got the others out of the start zone. Now I keep telling myself that as soon as I get that BOA chest, I'll get the others 'in play'.

Bottom line to all the Hunter-Haters out there: Whining will not change the bracket, but time will. If your RAGE METER gets too high change your tactics/class, or just take a break and come back later.

If I can make an addon to have a single P2P account automatically form groups for people on request, I can make one to automatically form groups for war games, that looks no different to the regular BG queue interface. Difference is it can have a limit on the number of hunters it accepts into the queue (or healers).

You have the right to roll hunters.

Everyone else has the right not to play with them.

Users who are viewing this thread