Hunter Monkey vs Agi

I mean, you're going to be doing lol-damage on a hunter either way. The damage difference between 24 and 20, if there even is one, is minuscule.

Maybe there is a language barrier thing going here, but more damage means more burst.
No, more dmg means higher burst. Not more burst.
You said that hunters can already tunnel so hard that they don't need counter shot, but why not take it?
Because i have it already on 24? why would i level my p2p 20 also to 24... makes no sense having 2 24 hunters and still you don't get it, why would i need cs when i have already 2 interrupts which i don't even need to use (rare occasion) cause hunter hit so hard... Why would i want to take cs over more dps and having 2 interrupts already... it makes no sense.

tbh rest of your post is just trying to put words in my mouth which i will ignore, silly prejudice.

So the two of you going back and forth, I think that is the disparity. One of you understands team play, and that winning competitive matches is easier with a move like Counter Shot. Meanwhile the other could care less about something like this, and just wants to just run around and do lol-damage all game.
Same with this, it makes no sense cause you already have 2 interrupts. It simply has nothing to do with our mindset of team play or not. Why would i sacrefice dps over a 3rd interrupt? what makes having a 3rd so much better then having more dps at 20 which a healer has a very very hard time to heal if he is even able to heal the dmg in the first place. Why would having 3 interrupts makes winning competative games more easy then having more dps and 2 interrupts... I could understand why people want a 3rd if they were some kind of handicapped hunter player.

Cs is just an overkill tool for bad hunters with a l2play problem. We never needed it before why would we need it now after this buff in dmg and nerf in healing beats me.

I mean, you're going to be doing lol-damage on a hunter either way. The damage difference between 24 and 20, if there even is one, is minuscule.
Have you tried it? I have. I wouldn't say minuscule. Go and experiment for your self first then claiming things like this.

still waiting to see this 20 hunter
You wont

It is more fun to see people trying to theory craft on forums then actually doing experiments in game.

You still haven't reconciled your arguments' contradicting each other. Just say "I am a non-objective midfield farmer" and we can move on with our lives.

You still haven't reconciled your arguments' contradicting each other.
Because there is no contradiction. You mix stuff up and make a whole new story out of it.
Just say "I am a non-objective midfield farmer" and we can move on with our lives.
Why would I say something I am not. That I chose more dmg over a 3rd interrupt I don't need is the obvious twinking choice.

If you are to lazy to experiment... well i can't help you with that.

Counter shot is the best of the 3 interrupts, due to its cool down, range, reliability, and lockout. Pet interrupt is unreliable and requires a trade off, and scatter shot is short range and without a lockout. It is really a hunter's first interrupt. But hey, if you want to purposely weaken yourself, be my guest.

Not saying who is right or wrong, but I have a 20 hunter which I don't plan on leveling because I kill 24s hunters easily, so something is off with them. I kill most healers in one global. They don't even have time to react most times. I can't see myself wasting time using counter shot, best interrupt or not. I have no data or anything, just experience. As for making myself weak....lol are you sure we are playing the same game?

20 Shaman-Perplex, 20 Hunter-Zomax, 20 Mage-Glissade, 20 Warlock-Octopusy

Counter shot is the best of the 3 interrupts, due to its cool down, range, reliability, and lockout. Pet interrupt is unreliable and requires a trade off, and scatter shot is short range and without a lockout. It is really a hunter's first interrupt. But hey, if you want to purposely weaken yourself, be my guest.
Ah ok so if i have more dps i am weakening myself and going 24 for cs (which i dont even need to use) with lesser dps makes me stronger.

Thx for the advice forum theory crafter.

I prefer 24s over 20-23. I like having a target on my back. I had a 20 under a different name no fun flying under the radar but thats me.

Ahh but surprising people is one of the funnest aspect of playing a P2P 20....I like looking down at a 24's corpse and "surprise!' lol

20 Shaman-Perplex, 20 Hunter-Zomax, 20 Mage-Glissade, 20 Warlock-Octopusy

Counter Shot is going to be better for actual competitive games no matter what anyone says period. I've been twinking since 2005 and I have also done rated battlegrounds at 2600 MMR. I have a slight idea of what I'm talking about when it comes to games where you actually have to play hard and coordinate with teammates to bring down FCs, assault nodes, etc.

Sure if you are just running up on people and killing them you don't need Counter Shot. In a real competitive game with geared healers, a tank, damage, and proper strats being employed...you are weakening your team's chances of victory by not having Counter Shot. Not saying you are weakening your damage. There is a huge difference.

A game can come down to one single heal or spell being cast and no amount of extra damage is going to help you in a scenario like that.

If a 10v10 premade WSG was set up between two guilds of equal skill, and you were playing hunter on one of those teams, would you still pass on Counter Shot?

Counter Shot is going to be better for actual competitive games no matter what anyone says period. I've been twinking since 2005 and I have also done rated battlegrounds at 2600 MMR. I have a slight idea of what I'm talking about when it comes to games where you actually have to play hard and coordinate with teammates to bring down FCs, assault nodes, etc.

Sure if you are just running up on people and killing them you don't need Counter Shot. In a real competitive game with geared healers, a tank, damage, and proper strats being employed...you are weakening your team's chances of victory by not having Counter Shot. Not saying you are weakening your damage. There is a huge difference.

A game can come down to one single heal or spell being cast and no amount of extra damage is going to help you in a scenario like that.

If a 10v10 premade WSG was set up between two guilds of equal skill, and you were playing hunter on one of those teams, would you still pass on Counter Shot?

Endgame pvp is totally the same as this bracket, I am amazed you are able to see that mr rbg 2600 mmr and twinker since 2005.

Healing is to low and dmg to high if you didn't knew for this bracket, we defo need cs in this case next to 2 (3) interrupts when bg's don't even contain 40% casters!

/sarcasm off

Experiment and play is the only way to determine what is best. Seems none of you actually did and just forum theory craft all of this otherwise you would have given my experienced theory a thumbs up. Hunters never had cs and don't need it now. Premades don't happen so no real competative games not to mention the games unbalance.

Wake up, this game and bracket has changed with 5.4 twinkers! It's not like holy pally, resto druids, resto shamans or priests can stand and outheal hunter dps! Those days are over.

Where did I say PvP is the same in this bracket as end game? I don't even have a level 90. I just came back to the game. Was just saying you can put some stock in what I say, since I have the years upon years of experience to back it up. I used to set up 10v10 WSG matches in the 19 bracket all the time.

You still didn't answer the question at the end of my previous post. Instead you rambled about nothing then made up something about me saying end game PvP and 20-24 PvP are identical.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no experimentation or theory crafting involved here - you are giving up by far a hunter's best interrupt for a tiny extra amount of damage on a class that already has overpowering damage potential.

C'mon guys, why are you even arguing about Counter Shot? This isn't a shades of grey debate. There is a clear right and wrong.

:confused:

Wtb screen shot of lvl 20 p2p hunter in bg with scaling. SS or gtfo.

He isn't gonna show you any of his characters for a number of reasons. He is quite the comedian though. Some of the things he says are the funniest quotes I've ever read in regards to twinking. The one about healing being too low was a priceless gem. Also insinuating that theory crafting has anything to do with a simple choice of taking Counter Shot or not in the 20-24 bracket, gave me quite a chuckle.

Okay i took the time to stop my hunter im lvling to 24 at 20 to test the scaling... assuming u use boas( laf if u dont) ...
u may use something else.. but this is whats going to give u the most offensive stats

Scaling vs Bis 24 hunter

Head -boa- -boa- (same)
Neck -scouts - -scouts- (+1 agi)
Back -satchel- -jungle- (-2 crit)
Shoulder -boa- -boa- (same)
Chest -boa- -boa- (same)
Bracer -serrakis- -emis of agi- (-3 agi +6 stam) could use black wolf (-5 agi +4 crit + 5 stam)
Gloves -naga- -ashen- (+1 agi -4 crit +4 stam)
Belt -satchel- -satchel- (+1agi +1 crit +1 stam)
Legs -boa- -boa- (same)
Feet -lynx- -prison- (+2 agi +1 stam) could use cobrahns ( -4agi +4 cirt +2 stam )
Ring 1 -argas- -charged agi- (-2 agi +3 stam)
Ring 2 -ring of precision- -charged agi- ( -2agi +3 hit )
Wep -Naga- -glass shooter- ( +4 agi - .03 dps )

Total stat difference
( + 2 agi -5 crit +15 stam +3 hit )

Counter shot is by far more beneficial
not to mention cheetah (a good hunter should always have combat bug and never mount anyways so cheetah is essential for mobility)
and with counter shot u dont have to use a pet with an interrupt and are free to use hyena (10% haste) wolf (5% cirt) which = even more dps... or Scorpid (8 sec disarm) for some defense

Sorry to say but ppl who think 20 is better are obviously clueless to say the least

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread