Human Vs NE

Soy

OG
Ive tried to search through twinkinfo and couldn't find a thread talking about which stealth is greater for these two races. if someone could answer and explain why which race is better in stealth?

Im leaning towards human anyway for the expertise and trinkets but i just wanted to know for my own info.

from the viewpoint of "stealth" the nelf racial is superior. +1 level helps against every opponent (hunters in higher brackets or other humans for example).

but stealth will be patched soon, so everything can be useless.

In patch 3.3 rogues are getting a big stealth buff. a passive 70% stealth movement speed. I forget if they get improved stealth detection or not... But many aspects of stealth are likely to change or be impacted by patch 3.3

its only the speed, don't assume shit. read the patch notes. also night elf shadowmeld drops combat so you can shadowmeld->stealth if you have no dots on you.

Dont forget you also get the %2 harder to hit racial on NE, i think overall NE is better for rogue's and in arena b/c of the double opener. But if you want damage/WSG power go with Human.

you can double open w/o shadowmeld. i do it all the time as a gnome. garrote -> ambush ftw.

shadowmeld would make it way easier, but idk if i would wanna give up escape artist.

User said:
Dont forget you also get the %2 harder to hit racial on NE, i think overall NE is better for rogue's and in arena b/c of the double opener. But if you want damage/WSG power go with Human.

dont listen 2 this guy hes spreading false informatn how the fuk does a human do more dmg than a nightelf wow way to fuk up this thread

Supadrood said:
its only the speed, don't assume shit. read the patch notes.

I read the patch notes. Currently there are 3 trainable ranks to stealth learned at lvl 20, 40, 60. Those movement speed reduction for these is 40% 35% and 30% respectively.

These are all being rolled into one passive ability which gives the movement benefit of the 3rd trainable rank. As you know the higher ranks of stealth actually decrease your chance to be detected (this works by decreasing your aggro radius) which is one reason you have to keep training the ranks as you lvl.

It wouldn't make sense not to have the stealth detection for the third rank included in the rogue change otherwise as you level you would have problems getting detected by mobs (this would impact master of deception). However there is the possibility to having the stealth detection scale with lvl but this was not mentioned in the patch notes either.

This is likely to impact how rogues talent in the sub tree Camouflage

Master of Deception

at the very least rogues may want adjust points in Camouflage

Grabco said:
These are all being rolled into one passive ability which gives the movement benefit of the 3rd trainable rank. As you know the higher ranks of stealth actually decrease your chance to be detected (this works by decreasing your aggro radius) which is one reason you have to keep training the ranks as you lvl.

Nope stealth level is based on player level, then racials/enchants. The different levels only make you move quicker while stealthed.

This is likely to impact how rogues talent in the sub tree Camouflage

Master of Deception

at the very least rogues may want adjust points in Camouflage

The maximum stealth speed before patch was 69% speed while stealthed with Camo. With the changes it will be ~91% speed with camo. MoD is as effective as it always was, adding 3 stealth levels to your character.

-X

Xailter said:
Nope stealth level is based on player level, then racials/enchants. The different levels only make you move quicker while stealthed.

Thanks it seems that stealth scales 5 per level but

Please explain Effect #2 in the spell details for Rank 1, 2 and 3 of stealth (currently trainable)

Effect #2

Apply Aura: Mod Stealth

value 5, 100, 200 (respectively)

Click below for spell details on wowhead

Stealth

Stealth

Stealth

Are you saying that the movement speed effect #3 is being kept but effect #2is not? I mean it makes sense but I didn't know.

Apply Aura: Mod Stealth 300 (on the level 60 version)?

Stealth scales with level (5 * player level). When you're 60 the least amount of stealth you can have is 300, it's just applying the bare minimum. All stealth scales with level, you won't be any more undetectable in the new patch sorry :)

-X

Users who are viewing this thread