How to - Organize War Games and Premades!

CIHC

That One OG
There are a lot of people saying that f2p doesn't have the ability to do these things, this is a lie. However; it requires a pay to play person on either faction to start organizing said premade.

1) Pay to Play invites all 10 people into a raid

2) Moves himself to group 3

3) Passes lead to "Leader"

4) Pay to Play Leaves Raid and everyone can premade...

Thats pretty much it, everyone can stop complaining and organize your premades either in this topic or this section.

Doesn't work! :p

Are people trying to say that it hadn't been tested wether War Games are even possible before they were used as e.g. an excuse for getting Honor in questionable ways?

Just wondering.

Tinkerton said:
Are people trying to say that it hadn't been tested wether War Games are even possible before they were used as e.g. an excuse for getting Honor in questionable ways?

Just wondering.

You don't get honor from wargames.

Arena wargames work, so I guess ppl just assumed bgs would. I'm still not 100% sure it doesn't work:p

Med'an said:
You don't get honor from wargames.

Arena wargames work, so I guess ppl just assumed bgs would. I'm still not 100% sure it doesn't work:p

That was not what I meant, I am aware that War Games don't give Honor.

I am also aware that if playing War Games was the end-goal, acquiring Honor in Battlegrounds was and is 100% unnecessary as with War Games people can simply decide with whom they play and what gear they have, and so people could simply decide not to allow Heirlooms in the first place.

In other words, the excuse some people gave for going Alliance and then face-roll e.g. ordinary Trail players in Battlegrounds up to and including camping them 'cuz we need da honur for looms' , would be just a bowl of hookum if War Games were and are the ultimate goal.

Now that it turns out that War Games may very well not even be possible in the first place - and hence the bowl of hookum being even bigger - of course people can get a little miffed.

EDIT:

you might want to update your sig, calling the bracket balanced is highly debateable and I'd call 5 minute queues a stretch, it certainly doesn't apply to the EU for both Factions (and I play both).

Clarification:

The exact method that is listed in the first post of this thread is NOT what we tried the other day. Let us not say "it doesn't work" until we have tried exactly that, please.

Pookums said:
Çer, you need to log on more imo.

I'm traveling a lot this month and part of next month. I will not be able to log on much.

Tinkerton said:
Now that it turns out that War Games may very well not even be possible in the first place - and hence the bowl of hookum being even bigger - of course people can get a little miffed.

War Games do work for arena matches in the way described by the original poster, although I've only done so with groups and not a raid for battleground wargames. War Games are a lot more fun than random battlegrounds.

If I'm not mistaken, you cannot queue as a group for a standard, non-war-games battleground while in a raid.

Spryness said:
War Games do work for arena matches in the way described by the original poster, although I've only done so with groups and not a raid for battleground wargames. War Games are a lot more fun than random battlegrounds.

Even if it does work for Arena, the point that for War Games the whole 'muzt hav Honur 4 BoA' bit is hookum, still stands.

Personally I don't see why being able to play death-match games is such a big deal, it isn't as if one can't flag oneself for PvP or, in case of same faction, go to the Guru or Dire Maul (neither particularly hard, esp. with mounts).

But of course it's a matter of taste.

If I'm not mistaken, you cannot queue as a group for a standard, non-war-games battleground while in a raid.

Yes and no.

As premades and cross-server PUG Battlegrounds don't really go well together, Blizzard limited the maximum size to 5 (which of course already has a tremendous impact on eg WSG).

WoW players being what they are, however, circumvent this already mild restriction by using a loop-hole made possible by the allowance of add-ons in a game that somehow fancies itself a sport, namely an add-on used to make premades for AV that allows larger groups to queue up.

I don't think we would have entered WSG or AB if we had 2 p2p group leaders. I mean we had the pops of WSG and AB without, only we couldn't get into the battleground wich seemed and felt bugged after clicking enter battleground and everyone got out of queue and not in the battleground.

Maby some p2p group can try to get a WSG wargame going and check if it does the same. I just can't believe blizzard would put in a feature wich doesn't work without a notification like "trial cap reached" or something like "unable to use as starter account". My 2 cents are on a bug.

leotseddap said:
I don't think we would have entered WSG or AB if we had 2 p2p group leaders. I mean we had the pops of WSG and AB without, only we couldn't get into the battleground wich seemed and felt bugged after clicking enter battleground and everyone got out of queue and not in the battleground.

There was a bug last patch that would causes queue prompts to be unresponsive if queued for multiple battlegrounds at the same time. Sounds like the same issue. The window would come up to enter, but pressing it wouldn't do anything.

We also had a bug where our arena queue would be impossibly long. We had to drop queue and reattempt to get it to work properly, but it would occasionally happen back to back.

Tinkerton said:
Even if it does work for Arena, the point that for War Games the whole 'muzt hav Honur 4 BoA' bit is hookum, still stands.

Personally I don't see why being able to play death-match games is such a big deal, it isn't as if one can't flag oneself for PvP or, in case of same faction, go to the Guru or Dire Maul (neither particularly hard, esp. with mounts).

The heirloom/fishing hat/trinket grind is hell and the reason I haven't been playing F2P as much anymore. It's sadly easier to get gear for an 85 than it is to fully gear a 20 twink, so I'm playing my main more these days.

Arena matches are much easier to manage than world PvP and dueling. Cooldowns are reset, there's no ghost walking and res timers, and restrictions on potion use (no need to constantly farm up potion mats, rumsey rum, etc.). Arena Grand Master is the main problem with arenas currently, though. Its CD is just long enough to be allowed in a match and is too strong a heal to not have.

Users who are viewing this thread