How much versatility is too much?

Also worth noting, that vers will synergize well with crusader procs whereas straight strength does nothing to that.

It's always there tho, when crusader is or isnt… so always prioritize main stat IMO. But it can be close between them.

Quick screenie of my BoA shoulders with inscription and my dungeon satchel shoulders without:
View attachment 10976

So clearly the 7 str BoA would be "better" but the actual tooltip damage between the two ranged from 0 to 3 points.

Someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but when crusader procs ---> the vers should impact that as well. And double crusader procs. However many you manage. So instead of static 2 points of strength, the vers can give 0.5% increase to that 100-200+ extra strength on those procs... plus being almost negligible in difference to begin with.

Honestly tho, the values are so minimal it wont be very different unless you do something really wrong. It's only a few points. The key is to compare your gear and decide for yourself what you want and enjoy most. Have fun! ;)

(also, those pics are at 20... vers will degrade a bit due to leveling to 29, and the chant should scale. Test and decide.)
[doublepost=1553566919,1553566591][/doublepost]

I haven't checked to be certain, but vers should affect your ele force enchant? That might be off... but agility wont.

Still tho, agi is strongest overall. Don't skimp on it.
Could you potentially point me in the direction of a guide to fury warrior gear?

No. If you have 0 haste you have 1.5 s cast, if you have 14 haste you have 1.41 sec cast time, if you have 15 haste you have 1.4s cast time etc.
yes but the lower it gets the less you get from haste, i just find the .1 sec intervals useful to keep track of how much youre actually getting from haste. the more you stack the worse it gets but a little bit can be good

If you create an allied race, you may decide the belt and wrists they come with are more desirable as well.

Best bet is to just look through the dungeon journal and filter it to each slot and see what looks like and upgrade.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/antonidas/oof

He might not be optimized, but its the same gear my vet had in my first game and it was almost unfair. :oops:

And that's without even trying for epics yet... just do what you can and it'll be fine. ;)

If you create an allied race, you may decide the belt and wrists they come with are more desirable as well.

Best bet is to just look through the dungeon journal and filter it to each slot and see what looks like and upgrade.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/antonidas/oof

He might not be optimized, but its the same gear my vet had in my first game and it was almost unfair. :oops:

And that's without even trying for epics yet... just do what you can and it'll be fine. ;)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/terokkar/fillholes

Thanks for the inspiration, guys! Here comes another one!

Hope it's not an issue to resurrect an old thread.

I'm new to f2p and new to playing hunter , ATM I'm pure f2p even though I do have an old account I'm just not using it currently for shitz and giggles.

Just wanted to add to the theorycrafting around Versatility particularly for f2p Hunters.

With the obvious disadvantages of being lvl 20 in the 29 bracket , and ontop of that there being vet 20's all the way to 29 , seems you have a few directions of builds and playstyles.

A focused Vers build where you try to stack as much as possible same as most players. Giving you survivability and more ability to play objectives.

This seems like the best way to gear up in bgs tbh - get a load of wins and cross your fingers on crates.

When you have the better gear options from the crates you could think about Haste or Crit heavier builds.

And it seems wether you want more focus for faster globals or just slower big hits from crit - at that point it's just a playstyle choice.

Here is my toon I'm working on - any tips or comments etc would be greatly appreciated.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/doomhammer/dietsoda

Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread