EU+US Holiday Event Epics

disapponted.gif

Although, I'm also kinda' intrigued by the coding-implications of this discrepancy... I never would have anticipated that the ilvl of epic-scaled items (lvl+12) would differ so greatly from that of scaled epic-items (lvl+4). :confused:

Knowing Blizzard™... when they finally get enough complaints, they'll proudly "fix" it by changing all epics to be lvl+4. :rolleyes:

BCkynOB.png

Guys, what are you waiting ?! Go in game and report that bug (which is the fact that this epic gear is ilvl24 instead of ilvl32) if you want someday that epic gear coming from events can become bis for some people :)

I reported it as a bug yesterday. You all should do the same!

Bug Reported and Ticket Opened.

Here's my text to copy/paste if it helps speed things up & get more people on the case:

Hi Blizzard People

I have a bug to report from some recent gear drops for my Level 20 alts.

As it’s the Midsummer Fire Festival I’ve been running the The Frost Lord Ahune dungeon on various alts & have looted a few epic cloaks and an epic staff now:

Twïnkle: Cloak of the Frigid Winds

Mängö: The Frost Lord's War Cloak x 2

Sârâh: The Frost Lord's Battle Shroud

Kiwano: Cloak of the Frigid Winds; Frostscythe of Lord Ahune

They have all only been scaled to iLevel 24, when Epics at level 20 should scale to iLevel 32.

I have plenty of other epics drop for these alts in the last few weeks that have scaled to iLevel 32 correctly:

Twïnkle: Foamspittle Staff.

Mängö: Feathered Headdress; Boulder Pads; Hard Crawler Carapace; Long Crawler Limb.

Kiwano: Hard Crawler Carapace; Boarhide Leggings; Foamspittle Staff.

I have a subscription running, so can’t see why the cloaks and staff above would not scale correctly.

I know that there are a great many players with Level 20 alts who have had the same issue.

I would be grateful for your help fixing this bug for all of us – you usually manage to come up with a solution.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Has it occurred to you guys that maybe these epics have always been ilvl 24 and that they are not quest upgrades?

Swear people these days "but I got an epic quest upgrade that was ilvl 32 so all epics must be ilvl 32".

Last edited:
Has it occurred to you guys that maybe these epics have always been ilvl 24 and that they are not quest upgrades?".

That is exactly what they are, but that's exactly the problem.

It is fair to believe that with the patch 8.1.5 revamp to quest rewards, Blizzard's intention was to make epic items better than other, so they actually be usuable for some extended period of time.

However, that's not being the case with holiday epics, so there's clearly a need for bug reports.

That is exactly what they are, but that's exactly the problem.

It is fair to believe that with the patch 8.1.5 revamp to quest rewards, Blizzard's intention was to make epic items better than other, so they actually be usuable for some extended period of time.

However, that's not being the case with holiday epics, so there's clearly a need for bug reports.

We don't know what blizzards intentions are but I can probably say these were meant to be ilvl 24.

Sure, it may be intended that epics from events "only" scale to ilvl24.
But, from our point of view (of lvl20) who see regulary epics who are homogeneously scaled to ilvl32, it seems strange and probably being a bug. That's why people report it.

The fact of reporting doesn't mean that it is a bug, but that it might be a bug, that the Dev may have to look at.
By the end, it's their choice. And if ilvl24 is intended, it would remain like that.
But maybe it is not intended and was some lines of code forgotten during the changes made at patch 8.1.5 ...

Anyway, reporting a bug harms nobody, and there is nothing to loose to do it ;)

If you would have told me my twinks were gonna have epic gear back in vanilla, i would not have believed you.
Even when only ilvl24 stays, im happy either way.

Users who are viewing this thread