EU+US Holiday Event Epics

Derpyhooves

Grandfathered
Midsummer Fire Festival is coming up and I'm wondering if anyone has heard/read that the epic drops will remain at ilvl 24 or if they'll be bumped up to ilvl 32?

My working theory is ilvl 32. But I have nothing official to back that up with, just a hunch.
I don't think you even need to officially "back that up"... ilvl=clvl+12 is quite simply how the current game handles epic drops from scaled encounters.

There's no reason to assume that they'll go through the extra trouble of using a "different" ruleset for the holiday bosses when they don't have to. ;)

I don't think you even need to officially "back that up"... ilvl=clvl+12 is quite simply how the current game handles epic drops from scaled encounters.

There's no reason to assume that they'll go through the extra trouble of using a "different" ruleset for the holiday bosses when they don't have to. ;)
Yea, that's kinda my working assumption

But I also recognize that loot rules around epics have some weird exceptions. So I'm not 100% sure of my assumption. Guess we'll find out in a month-ish

Were the Valentine's day necklaces ilvl 32? I seem to remember them still being ilvl 24, which makes me think the rest of the holiday epics will stay at ilvl 24, but hopefully I'm wrong...

Were the Valentine's day necklaces ilvl 32? I seem to remember them still being ilvl 24, which makes me think the rest of the holiday epics will stay at ilvl 24, but hopefully I'm wrong...

I believe the change that allowed unique items and quest to upgrade also increased the total ilvl for epic items.

And it was made after Valentine's Day as patch 8.1.5 launched in March 12th.

I believe the change that allowed unique items and quest to upgrade also increased the total ilvl for epic items.

And it was made after Valentine's Day as patch 8.1.5 launched in March 12th.
Ahh, that clears it up. Thanks!
[doublepost=1557546840,1557544273][/doublepost]
the plate helm is most important
Sword from Hallows end, daggers from brewfest, staff from midsummer...lots of good stuff for those of us tired of killing Fedfennel and murlocs!

Imo, I think the "new" event epics would scale up to ilvl32 (would be strange to not do that, given how they normalize items recently), while their "current/GF" version would stay at ilvl24.

It may make those epic weapons and armor "decent" when compared to what can be obtained currently through quests or mob farming ;)

So anyone starting to get hyped about the possibility of some juicy ilvl 32 purples.........
Cloaks and staff up for grabs later this week.
Hoping Blizz don’t get lazy and leave them as the old purples :eek:

So anyone starting to get hyped about the possibility of some juicy ilvl 32 purples.........
Who, me? I... I don't know what you mean. :oops:
...and just to be thorough, I whipped-up some filtered lists for all the holiday epics:

Midsummer Fire Festival - Epics
Brewfest - Epics
Hallow's End - Epics
Love is in The Air - Epics

I really shouldn't be this excited about seeing the holiday epics updated... but when you're rocking #ProtWithoutQuests, you gotta' take what you can get! :p

Refresh my memory, I know the bag is a daily reward at level 110+ possibly? And the cloaks can drop every run of the dungeon? So you can technically grind out all the desired versions in one go?

Lol. I know all about the #NoQuests movement :(
...at least your hunter has the option of "grinding" for some Mail drops! #JusticeForPlate :mad:

We were just completing all the quests before it was cool. I look at it as trend setting ;)
Goddamnit... so not only am I forced to soldier-on through 8.1.5 with no way of getting Epic Plate, but now you've retroactively turned me into some sort of "hipster" poster-girl? :eek:

Way to kick me when I'm down! :p

Epic-Hipster.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread