Hitting hi-level mobs

I don't think there are caster hit gloves, possibly ones with marginal stats, and the agi hit gloves have either 2 or 3 hit, so the 5 expertise will still pull out ahead if we are assuming correctly, which I believe we are. Solvogero if you would like access to the 47 or w/e hit rating hunter you are welcome to the account info

i'll probably take you up on that after i'm done with melee and ranged...thoroughly vetting those will take a few days though.

I updated the original post. I only have about an hour a night so i still have a lot of work to do including:

*testing 85's
*getting large white & yellow sample sizes on all dummies for more accurate differences.
*spell attacks.
*as much testing as i can for 24-30 mobs.

Also, somewhere in the world, there used to be mobs that would phase out at like 1% health and become immune to damage...you could then just keep beating on them to increase your weapon skill (back when we had weapon skill). Does anyone remember where/what they were and if they're still around?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you using to count your stats? Another way to test would be against actual mobs (obviously, not as high).
Recount.

yeah, after i finish with the target dummies, i plan on going down to 24-30 mobs and do the same tests on them. i'm doing the dummies because i can get a good data sample pretty easily...hopefully it'll help me spot trends. Getting 500 hits on a lvl 30 mob that's trying to kill me is going to be amuch slower process.

This is pretty much my mission for now though but it will take a back seat to DMF next week.

I hope that spell hit line is not right! Othewise I don't see how a druid can reliably hit high-level mobs. Ferals can't stack enough expertise to reduce the parries, so I was hoping that balance could stack enough hit/spirit to at least dps with spells.

the dotted lines haven't been tested yet...they're straight from the wowwiki chart but i wouldn't be surprised if its pretty close.

remember:

your chance to stab a target with a sword = 100% - melee hit - dodge - parry.
your chance to zap a target with a spell = 100% - spell hit

I'm guessing at the end of the day, your chances to land a melee or spell attack are probably going to be pretty close to the same (which makes sense)....so your chance to hit with a spell would be WAY lower than your chance to hit with melee because melee also has dodge and parry lowering their chances to actually land a hit.

the dotted lines haven't been tested yet...they're straight from the wowwiki chart but i wouldn't be surprised if its pretty close.

remember:

I'm guessing at the end of the day, your chances to land a melee or spell attack are probably going to be pretty close to the same (which makes sense)....so your chance to hit with a spell would be WAY lower than your chance to hit with melee because melee also has dodge and parry lowering their chances to actually land a hit.

As of now the only reliable method of killing high level mobs our via hunter. This changes in 5.0, at which point no one can

remember:

Well, I"m hoping that spell miss scales the same way as ranged miss for hunters... i.e. no parries.

Users who are viewing this thread