Hit Rating Cracked

Rayu

OG
Was going to post this in my other topic but the results were so stunning I decided to make a new thread to discuss these in particular! Here we go:

Rogues still benefit from hit rating even after they hit the so-called soft cap.

The following formula applies when you are between the soft and hard cap (5-24% hit) taken you use an avarage of 9 sinister strikes per minute. We leave critical strikes out of the picture because this only makes a difference when your critical strike chance exceeds your hit chance which would be lololol:

DPS = (Weapon DPS + AP/14) * (0,76 + (Hit Rating * 0,0047)) + (((Attack Power / 14) * 2,4 + Weapon Damage + 10) * (3/20)

In this calculation I will use the formula for off hand damage without the talent Off Hand Specialization because this isn't any good talent at 19. This is my opinion though:

DPS = ((Weapon DPS + AP/14) * 0,5) * (0,76 + (Hit Rating * 0,0047))

For instance, say you use Shadowfang and Wingblade, you already have 11 hit rating and 200 attack power and you get yourself 15 hit rating instead of 11 but lose 10 attack power, this is what happens (we exclude the fact that you are now capped vs. night elves):

With 11 rating and 10 extra attack power:

Main Hand:

DPS = (17,8 + 210/14) * (0,76 + (11 * 0,0047)) + (((210 / 14) * 2,4 + 55 + 10) * (3/20) = 41,77 DPS

Off Hand:

DPS = ((15,7 + 210/14) * 0,5) * (0,76 + (11 * 0,0047)) = 12,46 DPS

Total:

41,77 + 12,46 = 54,23 DPS

With 15 hit rating and 0 extra attack power:

Main Hand:

DPS = (17,8 + 200/14) * (0,76 + (15 * 0,0047)) + (((200 / 14) * 2,4 + 55 + 10) * (3/20) = 41,54 DPS

Off Hand:

DPS = ((15,7 + 200/14) * 0,5) * (0,76 + (15 * 0,0047)) = 12,45 DPS

Total:

41,54 + 12,45 = 53,99 DPS

As you can see 53,99 DPS and 54,23 DPS are about as close as you can get to equal values stat-wise. Now here it gets interesting!

I conclude that in terms of DPS:

4 hit rating = 10 attack power

1 hit rating = 2.5 attack power

This means that when we translate the stats of some items we get:

[ITEM]Simple Pearl Ring[/ITEM] = 10 attack power (oh shit!)

[ITEM]Spidersilk Drape[/ITEM] = 21 armor, 4 stamina, 10 attack power

[ITEM]Deviate Scale Belt[/ITEM] = 51 armor, 5 agility, 6 stamina, 7,5 attack power

[ITEM]Elixir of Minor Accuracy[/ITEM] = 25 attack power (DAMN!)

Note that these stats apply AFTER you exceed the soft cap, before that the DPS benefit is even HIGHER. I did these calculations from a hit rating fan point-of-view and even I am stunned by these results.

I say - stack as much hit rating as possible, it's win.

Rayu

Nice work. There was some similar maths done by trespasser and he concluded that 1hit rating past yellow cap is worth about 70% of what it is before the yellow cap, about the same in dps as one crit rating.

Kore nametooshort said:
Nice work. There was some similar maths done by trespasser and he concluded that 1hit rating past yellow cap is worth about 70% of what it is before the yellow cap, about the same in dps as one crit rating.

He just assumes. I calculate.

Well he does some calculations and uses recount, but your point is taken. Would you mind if i quoted your calcs or added a link to this thread from the Hit Rating thread?

Kore nametooshort said:
Well he does some calculations and uses recount, but your point is taken. Would you mind if i quoted your calcs or added a link to this thread from the Hit Rating thread?

Be my guest. =]

Interesting. So a ring that gives 5str (10ap for warriors and pallies) would be equivallent to the 4 hit ring?

Grabco said:
Interesting. So a ring that gives 5str (10ap for warriors and pallies) would be equivallent to the 4 hit ring?

No. This is for rogues only.

ok so pvp ring is better than the 4hit ring? and random dungeon cloak and belt of the bandit are better than the hit options and offer more burst?

Grabco said:
ok so pvp ring is better than the 4hit ring? and random dungeon cloak and belt of the bandit are better than the hit options and offer more burst?

Only after the yellow cap is acheived for non rogue classes

Grabco said:

Since warriors only equip 1 weapon there's no point in overcapping. the 4 hit ring is the best ring for damage-dealing, though ofc it lacks stamina.

if 4 hit = 10AP then a ring that gives 10AP would be equivallent please tell me how this logic is incorrect

Grabco said:
if 4 hit = 10AP then a ring that gives 10AP would be equivallent please tell me how this logic is incorrect

In terms of DPS, when you are between 5% and 24% hit rating on a rogue. This only goes for rogues. 10 AP gives the same damage increase in a fight as 4 hit rating when you overcap.

Rayu said:
In terms of DPS, when you are between 5% and 24% hit rating on a rogue. This only goes for rogues. 10 AP gives the same damage increase in a fight as 4 hit rating when you overcap.

and before yellow cap it gives even more due to more yellows hitting.

Edit

Grabco said:

and for a rogue a 5str ring only gives 5 ap. Everything in this thread only concerns rogues.

what's with the commas? EU keyboards don't come with periods?

Mazurati said:
what's with the commas? EU keyboards don't come with periods?

You stole our Sinterklaas, you're not getting our commas.

sorry.. the only people who i know use commas are germans, polacks (around that area)

I've worked with many other people from around the world while being in the offshore industry (italians, french, brits, scots) and they all used periods.

so how do u write forty thousand twenty-five decimal five?

40,025,5 or 40,025.5 ?

Users who are viewing this thread