Hi my name is fort and i have something to say

Fort

OG
I've been a long-time member of the 10-19 bracket (circa '06). I've been a member of this community since BGforums. I've seen great twinks come and great twinks go. I've been in a number of premading guild's A-Teams (Dominate, HLnS, Waw Tawent, tRain cOw). I've seen some periods of inactivity and periods of growth and flourish for the 19 bracket, but I am fairly certain that this era now has to be the worst time to be a twink in the 19 bracket.

A majority of the games I've joined over the past few days have been atrocious. It seems to be the trend that if you're winning then it's time for you and your 5+ healers to get farming. If you cannot see that this kind of behavior is ruining the bracket then kindly delete your character and go play end game. I'm not entirely certain that everyone feels this way, but I would much rather see competitive games than watch my character be in graveyard for 3/4 of the game.

I'm certain some of you idiots will look at this and just laugh, troll this thread, get it locked, and make no change to the bracket, but I can almost guarantee that even if a small change is made today that it will help better this bracket tomorrow. If no changes are made I'm almost certain this bracket will die very soon.

Now some of you may see the irony in my rant. "Oh, an ex Waw Tawent guild member complaining about farming? lolmaoroflhehehaha". However, I hope this irony does not overshadow the point I'm trying to get across...

STOP FUCKING FARMING
PS: GY containing = farming
haters gunna hate

The bracket is thriving with influx of players from around the world, people just can't adapt to the new power balance.
I wish you good luck in the gulch friend!

gy containment is a strategy, holding them at gy while capping

farming is not

there is a difference, please do not get them confused

yes if ur capping the flags as fast as twinkingly possible then gy containment is fine but when everyones just at the gy and no one breaks off to pick the flag its farmin numb nuts

yes but ppl dont play the game to end it they take there sweet ass time 2 repick flags etc so it is periodically farming/a strat

Well, I couldnt agree more with the original post, the games are getting worse and worse and players that try to stop it get met bye 2-3 players to troll and do even more farming. The Bracket is balanced as it ever been, the community is the worse its ever been and slowly making a further downward spiral

#1 - WT is most definitely a contributing factor to the current state of 19s, seeing as to how GY farming has always been a "viable strategy" in their eyes. I've never seen you at GY personally, so I can't classify you as one of such contributors. But your guild seemingly failed to realize how negatively their "strategy" would eventually affect the bracket.

gy containment is a strategy, holding them at gy while capping

farming is not

there is a difference, please do not get them confused

#2 - "GY Containment" is different from "GY Farming" only in the sense that it doesn't last as long. Neither should be considered viable, or acceptable.

#3 - A huge reason for this current state of 19s is the influx of fotm n00bs who have decided to begin playing at one of the worst possible times to begin doing so. I say one of the worst because Cataclysm was by far the burstiest era for twinking at this level, and one could get used to seeing 4-7 hunters a game (I was one of them, yes, but I would never sit at GY or queue without BiS).

separator.png

Graveyard farming has always been a closely intertwined activity with twinking, as its origin derives from twinking, after all. It's an inescapable fact, and a necessary evil. I have made this comparison before, and I will make it again - the 19 bracket's activity and overall quality is similar to lasseiz-faire capitalism. It has natural ups and downs, and these ups and downs will correct themselves given enough time and hope.

To summarize my opinion, I'll put it this way - it is partially WT's fault, though there were certainly groups of people who did this before their (your?) time. It is unfortunate, and it only teaches new members of the community that it is acceptable. It can't be stopped, and if it is, it will be back. It is necessary and inevitable, however conversely it has effected the bracket.

GY containment is a symptom of imbalanced teams. I do not see much GY farming these days.

This is going to come off bias, but am purely an Alliance player. It seems to me and I could be wrong, but Horde just farms and farms and WHEN Alliance does have a good group of players who can match them they just AFK out after Alliance caps 1 flag early into the game. Just seems to be from my experience from a couple games that I have been in lately. It's almost like they would rather AFK out then actually compete and my question is WHY????

This bracket has gone downhill fast and is going to continue this direction unless Horde/Alliance becomes balanced again. Right now it is dominate Horde and people just keep rolling Horde. Alliance needs more players its just simple as that. I think if it were balanced you wouldn't see as much GY farming as we do now. I hope the GY farming does stop, but I and i'm sure everyone in the bracket knows it won't. I just can't see how Horde enjoy GY farming over and over it must be so much fun that we all are missing out? The sad thing is the Majority of Horde would rather GY camp than actually compete against a comproable team.

Just my 2 cents..

This is going to come off bias, but am purely an Alliance player. It seems to me and I could be wrong, but Horde just farms and farms and WHEN Alliance does have a good group of players who can match them they just AFK out after Alliance caps 1 flag early into the game. Just seems to be from my experience from a couple games that I have been in lately. It's almost like they would rather AFK out then actually compete and my question is WHY????

This bracket has gone downhill fast and is going to continue this direction unless Horde/Alliance becomes balanced again. Right now it is dominate Horde and people just keep rolling Horde. Alliance needs more players its just simple as that. I think if it were balanced you wouldn't see as much GY farming as we do now. I hope the GY farming does stop, but I and i'm sure everyone in the bracket knows it won't. I just can't see how Horde enjoy GY farming over and over it must be so much fun that we all are missing out? The sad thing is the Majority of Horde would rather GY camp than actually compete against a comproable team.

Just my 2 cents..

Sounds a lot like this thing called Cataclysm if you ask me.

Yep, I came back to WoW after taking a 2 week break to try out PlanetSide, straightaway lost 6 games in a row due to incompetents and folks that might have had good intentions, but froze their xp way too early in the gearing up process (eg: 600-900HP, items missing whites, even greys) I don't personally get GY farmed often being a kitty, but I see it happening more and more and it really detracts from the whole experience, even for the farmers eventually.

GY containment is a symptom of imbalanced teams. I do not see much GY farming these days.

GY containment is first a symptom of imbalanced teams, but then it becomes the cause.

Well said Fort. I totally agree with what has been said, gy farming or "gy containing" should be stopped.

Elaborate.

Pretty obvious what I'm getting at. GY farming and queueing in groups are both damaging to the bracket in their own right. Causing imbalanced teams and poor competition. Especially when there are multiple groups in q on the same faction. Some call it compensation I hear though.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread