herb/skinning glitch

Yes it does.

- Find a herb, take autoloot off. Dont herb it yet

- go to your general spell book, find the skinning icon and put it on your tool bar

- kill 6 skinnable mobs at the base of the herb.

- herb the herb and skin the 6 mobs, do not loot any of the leather or herb.

- repeat the last step alternating between skinning 6 mobs and herbing the herb. Use the skinning icon you put on your tool bar to skin from now on

- when you get to green herb keep going for a little bit, you can get 5-10 or so more levels from it before it becomes impractical to continue. Once you stop getting levels as frequently as you did when the herb was yellow you should move on.

Confirmed working.

Luthar you need to go to settings and turn off auto loot.. He said that already.

And also, if you just have enough dead mobs to skin, you dont have to run the 6 mobs 1 herb rutine (would take for ever).

M = Dead skin mob.

H = The 1 Herb

M MMM M

M M H

M MM M

Then you can run it like this, skin the bold. THEN the herb:

First: Skin bold red, herb the green herb.

M MMM M

M M H

M MM M

Second: Skin bold red, herb the green herb.

M MMM M

M M H

M MM M

Third: Skin bold red, herb the green herb.

M MMM M

M M H

M MM M

Get what I mean? hard to explain otherwise, just means you get more herbing skills.

Shit me thats brilliant. So you skin mobs 1&2 the first time then herb. Then skin mobs 3&4 and herb, then skin 5&6 and herb, then 7&1 etc, or have i got the wrong end of the stick?

Kore nametooshort said:
Shit me thats brilliant. So you skin mobs 1&2 the first time then herb. Then skin mobs 3&4 and herb, then skin 5&6 and herb, then 7&1 etc, or have i got the wrong end of the stick?

Thats it, ye. I found that you need to skin a minimum of 2 mobs, before herb skinning resets. However, if you use the same 2 mobs, it won't reset. So need to skin 2 mobs, but different mobs each time. Until you hit around 8 mobs.

ok - i tried this in Wailing Caverns (reset the instance until it shows the herb before the first hairpin corner) & it worked for me...for a while. i made a mistake & accidentally looted a skinned animal & it all went down hill from there.

so i came back after a couple a days, but here's what it's doing - it'll let me do the skin, skin, herb round once (with 6 dead raptors), getting both skinning & herb up each time, but the next round the only option on the raptor is to loot them - no more free skinning. did bliz fix this?

dunk-box said:
ok - i tried this in Wailing Caverns (reset the instance until it shows the herb before the first hairpin corner) & it worked for me...for a while. i made a mistake & accidentally looted a skinned animal & it all went down hill from there.

so i came back after a couple a days, but here's what it's doing - it'll let me do the skin, skin, herb round once (with 6 dead raptors), getting both skinning & herb up each time, but the next round the only option on the raptor is to loot them - no more free skinning. did bliz fix this?

Probably not. Don't forget to use the skinning spell from your spellbook and do not click the mob.

Rayu said:
Probably not. Don't forget to use the skinning spell from your spellbook and do not click the mob.

ya i'm not right clicking on the mob; i left click it to target it, then use the spell book icon on my action bar.

should i tab target instead?

Actually, you can simply select the mob, and then press the skinning ability on your hotkey bar.

Hope this helps,

-Jaxel

On my last toon i went elwynn -> westfall -> duskwood/ashenvale -> SoS. Up to SoS you should easily be able to solo, you will need a booster/leave a DK or main logged near by for SoS

Edit: I found a herb that took me to 225 just inside SoS when coming from deadwind, near the green dragon whelps.

I usually do: Elwynn forest -> Westfall -> Duskwood -> Top of Stranglethorn (boost) -> bottom of stranglethorn (gorillas)(Boost).

-lindenkron

some noobish questions

lindenkron said:
I usually do: Elwynn forest -> Westfall -> Duskwood -> Top of Stranglethorn (boost) -> bottom of stranglethorn (gorillas)(Boost).

-lindenkron

1. is "boosting" just getting help from a higher level?

2. SoS? found this funny but not helpful: World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> What does SOS stand for?

i was told you could go all the way to 225 on one herb in WC. i've tried it numerous times and i've got the skill up around 2-3 times rather quickly (i'm at about 190 i think right now), then it goes cold. if i keep at it it'll give me 2-3 more skill ups after about 15 min. almost as tedious as running around.

do i just need to find a higher level herb? it gives the skill up first time around the rotation, but it takes another 5-6 times around to skill up again.

also, does it need to be 6 or more mobs? i watched the vid that just suggested 5.

thx for your expertise & helpfulness!

Users who are viewing this thread