herb/skinning glitch

Is it possible to do, with only herbalism. As my second profession, is Mining? :D

lol, maybe if u killed a bunch of the bog lords in zangarmarsh near a mine u could :p

I got 225 herbalism by going up and down the river near tarren mill picking liferoot. It goes green at about 210 or so, but it still teaches. Just takes a while for the herbs to respawn.

You can train up your skill to be able to pick liferoot by picking stranglekelp. I read this idea on an old forum post here, I don't remember who's it was originally.

Mathalor said:
You can train up your skill to be able to pick liferoot by picking stranglekelp.
This does work well to get higher lvl herbs without running into mobs (it's very slow as you need to swim a great deal). At the same time this makes Stranglekelp a less interesting herb if you get a boost, no mobs means no skinning/herb "trick".

As for skinning/mining, I know it did work when I leveled my pala's mining (a lot went through smelting though) and skinning (this was when the 70stam mining bug was still there, some time ago now), it worked the same way skinning/herb works. I guess it's worth it to find a spot and try it out. I do seem to remember it being a lot harder to find good spots than it was for the skin/herb combination.

<edit> When mining a node you needed to mine multiple times to "empty" the node, I think this was changed to loot a node in one go now (not mined on a char since that patch so not 100% sure). Don't know if this could have changed the mecanic in any way though.

Penicillin said:
<edit> When mining a node you needed to mine multiple times to "empty" the node, I think this was changed to loot a node in one go now (not mined on a char since that patch so not 100% sure). Don't know if this could have changed the mecanic in any way though.

You only need to mine each node once now.

A good and easy way to lvl your herbalism from 150->225:

Enter the instance Wailling Caverns. --> Go to the river (you have to face elite raptors on the way, but they should be soloable for a twink) where the nonelite crocolisks spawns, in the start of the instance. --> Find a liferoot, there's almost always spawning a liferoot there. IF not, go out of the instance and reset, enter again. --> Pull and kill 6 crocolisks near the liferoot --> Use the skinning glitch --> WIN!!!!

Reasons why this is good and easy way to lvl your herbalism:

1. You WONT get disturbed by other players.

2. You WONT get disturbed by respawns. (You might face the oozes, which should be soloable for a twink. I think it depends on where the liferoot spawns. But they didnt disturb me.)

3. You DONT have to face high lvl creeps, as you have to if you want to lvl the last herbalism lvls.

I did this from 150->225 without getting disturbed. Took me about 1 hour as i wasnt aware of Jaxels discovery.

Penicillin said:
Do you know if the skin/mining mechanic was changed by this? Or does (should) it still work the same (as it does for skin/herb)?

meh, i have no empirical data for this, but i see no reason why the skinning herb bug shouldn't work exactly the same for skinning mining.

I did this glitch on my hunter earlier today and i found out that you do not really need to stack all the dead bodies on the herb node but they need to be around. I leveled skinning from 1- 150 within 2 hours and got rank 1 Life blood as well (i got bored of doing the glitch so i stopped at rank 1).

And to add you could mark the dead bodies to be organized and to remind your self which one you skinned first so you can efficiently gain skinning / herb skill.

Not really sure if I'm doing something wrong or not.. I'm pretty sure I'm following the steps correctly.

1. Found Mageroyal in Westfall.

2. Pulled 8 mobs around it. 6 Wolves, 2 Pigs. Killed. Looted their bodies.

3. Skinned first two. Herbed. (+level)

4. Skinned second two. Herbed. (+level)

5. Skinned third two. Herbed. (+level)

6. Skinned fourth two. Herbed. (+level)

7. Rinse, repeat.

Now my problem is that when I skin the first two and herb, I don't get a level anymore. The herb is still orange to me, so that means I should be getting a level every time I herb it. Even if I skin the first four and try to herb, no level. Tried skinning all eight and no level.

Do the herbs just stop giving levels when they want when you try to do the glitch?

*I'm not looting the herbs or skins, just cleared the junk off of their bodies so I could skin them.

Users who are viewing this thread