Help me decide on a new class

oh i see. thanks for the insight!

i am guessing my best starting point is to unlock a levle 10 race and then farm for a socket or speed (or both) https://www.wowhead.com/item=117551/staff-of-the-one-true-bramble-king
Sorry, I was on my way to a meeting.

Fury is plenty viable and I dont want to give the impression that it isnt. Its just isnt *as good* as arms. tl;dr is that in order to keep both Crusaders up, fury has to use WW which costs rage at 20 and also has a very small enrage uptime because rampage doesnt cause enrage and raging blow doesnt get more charges until later. But Fury certain still pumps and its decently fun.

But your choice of pally seems like a strong one for what you're going for. Always a fan of seeing more pallys in the bracket!

All 3 specs for pally look great. LMK if you need Stratholme help tonight, I should be on!

@Hashbrowns is such a nice dude. everytime he signs on, he probably gets pms from 5+ people (including me) asking for all kinds of help (gold, gem, gear runs, mats from guild bank, etc.)

some people go dormant, some others transfer away, after getting geared to the max,

yet @Hashbrowns never gets discouraged and still helps every single new member of the guild whenever he can

mad respect for his faith in others.

Sorry, I was on my way to a meeting.

Fury is plenty viable and I dont want to give the impression that it isnt. Its just isnt *as good* as arms. tl;dr is that in order to keep both Crusaders up, fury has to use WW which costs rage at 20 and also has a very small enrage uptime because rampage doesnt cause enrage and raging blow doesnt get more charges until later. But Fury certain still pumps and its decently fun.

But your choice of pally seems like a strong one for what you're going for. Always a fan of seeing more pallys in the bracket!

thanks for the insight and looks like I am going pally!

Ret I would run Runeblade and just outlast everyone. You should be able to get the heal up to 200 every 5.

Plus more while crusader is up, this was mine with crusader/greka's up and 6-7 empty sockets (his is like 175 passive):
PNTcIcS.png

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback.

another reason why i finally decided to roll a paladin is because i interviewed a guildie with 49 weapon, "what class do you struggle against most?", "pallies".

there we go.

Plus you can solo pve as prot for kicks/gear. ;)

Wow, keep it on the DL

There, i hid it behind the spoiler curtain! No one will ever be the wiser... :cool:

I initially tried it as a PvE solo setup, but got pwned pretty hard as ret, so kinda put it aside and dint finish it.

Last edited:
I initially tried it as a PvE solo setup, but got pwned pretty hard as ret, so kind put it aside and dint finish it.

care to provide some tips on

1, how to farm this thing most efficiently?

2, how to get the tick to be as high as possible without gimping yourself?

I did it in legacy with a couple accounts, not very efficient just rolling the dice. From what I've seen this week on personal loot I'd say a bunch of plate in a normal party, figure out which specs have the least drops still including the sword.

The tick just scales flat with strength, I think, cuz ret SP is based on that. Not sure of the actual scaling, but that pic shows like 154 heal increase for 146 str? Something close to that, I'm not in game anymore so cant see exactly.

Also that's why i have 6-7 empty sockets, wasnt sure how many talasite i would add or not. The rest are 2/2 gems.

Not sure if it scales with mastery, be worth looking into just in case.

edit- looking at it, if we get the 5% stat buff at 20 that would explain the 154, 146 x 1.05 = 153.3... so 154 really.
I didnt look at the procs, just tried to remember what they are when i said 146...

The heal scales with spell power, which is derived from attack power, which itself is derived from strength + weapon damage. It is also multiplied by versatility.

I think the formula should end up (for a ret paladin) = .96*(Strength+(6*WDPS))*(1+Vers%)

Idk if it can crit or if haste makes it tick faster, if either is the case then those stats would help too. But basically just adding strength is the best way to make it heal more, so you don't really need to go out of your way.

LOL
Wow, keep it on the DL

Also should be noted that minor speed stacks with the wep speed bonus putting you at 120%.

In my melee warlock ret set I'm at about 250 passive regen every 5 seconds and can crit for 2k+ with double sader without ilvl49 wep. Kinda funny.

I think I can get the passive heal close to 400 with double saders? I'd have to check.

Tldr: fuck talasites real men go more str.

I think I can get the passive heal close to 400 with double saders? I'd have to check.

You mean with both crusader up? Cuz with 2x up I think mine would have been be over 400... you'd be closer to 5.

Or are you just talking more buffs/consumables with 2x crusader in the reserve?

those are some rookie numbers dude. Gotta pump up those numbers!
[doublepost=1612564581,1612564520][/doublepost]
You mean with both crusader up? Cuz with 2x up I think mine would have been be over 400... you'd be closer to 5.

Or are you just talking more buffs/consumables with 2x crusader in the reserve?

EDIT: 490 (will be 5 when I get proper socketed rings) with 2x sader only (nothing else but flask and gear). Kinda goofy

ok guys, hear me out.

holy paladin can use 2-h sword.

holy paladin has no HoT.

holy paladin has high int and high vers

if i stack 2int+2vers gems, i will have something like 220 int and 22% vers, i get 270 tick every 5 second from https://www.wowhead.com/item=13505 (tested scaling and it is basically int*(1+vers%))

i move around at 120% speed, i am pretty much immune to slows due to https://www.wowhead.com/spell=216868/hallowed-ground

now convince me why this does NOT work so that i don't waste https://www.wowhead.com/item=32225

Someone will likely tell you that you'll "give up too much int" or "1h+shield is better" because that's what people do....

I dont play healers at all so I cant say, but as that is the case your idea makes pretty decent sense to me. ;)

ok guys, hear me out.

holy paladin can use 2-h sword.

holy paladin has no HoT.

holy paladin has high int and high vers

if i stack 2int+2vers gems, i will have something like 220 int and 22% vers, i get 270 tick every 5 second from https://www.wowhead.com/item=13505 (tested scaling and it is basically int*(1+vers%))

i move around at 120% speed, i am pretty much immune to slows due to https://www.wowhead.com/spell=216868/hallowed-ground

now convince me why this does NOT work so that i don't waste https://www.wowhead.com/item=32225

I socketed with talasites but every now and then I'll throw on the Rivendares and a Hunger of the Pack and do this. Depends on the map and how fast I gotta get to where I'm going. I'm tempted to pick up a second set to try those other gems.

Users who are viewing this thread