Heard you cant backstrafe in PTR

Heard this from a friend that made strafing so that it automatically makes you face forward.. is there any truth to this?

wrong section, but bump never the less...

I've been practicing this for the past year and a half, if there is a "fix" to it I am going to be sadly upset >-<

Backstrafing was never actual strafing so It wouldnt be affected even if they did this.

Edit: And I doubt this is a rumour it doesnt make any sense.

I've noticed this on the PTR too. At first I thought it was just me failing at it, but other people I talked to can't do it either.

I'm assuming you mean moonwalking. I just got on the PTR and tried to moonwalk on several different characters and I could not do it. Not sure if this is just a PTR thing or whatever but it doesn't really matter since moonwalking was never really real anyway. The server never classified you as facing backwards -- it just looks cool.

Backstrafing, on the other hand, I think more of simply jumping back and forth toggling between your 'e' and 'f' strafing keys which still works and really can't be nerfed since it's just how you jump and turn while in midair.

*Goes into corner*

"Why Blizzard? Why!?"

*Back to reality*

I doubt they can nerf backstrafing, if they did, which seems highly impossible, i'll be annoyed :(

backs are gonna get raped if they did, but i know i was backstrafing in the PTR premade we did like 2 weeks ago. Must have been since then =(

Painaid, you strafe with 'e' and 'f'? interesting.

At one point i rebound my 'a' and 'd' keys (lolkeyboard turn) to more important things (trinket/bandage) but it didn't work out; I eat food/do other things in pugs and such and keyboard turning is always easier when it actually doesn't matter (and you have one hand open)

EDIT: The only way they could nerf backstrafing would be to nerf mouse-turning, which would be stupid. I guess they COULD just make it impossible to turn while jumping...But why would they? It's always been a critical part of PvP. There's no problem, so why would they destroy strategy+depth if there ain't nothin' to fix?

I doubt they could nerf backstrafing, also it is a major part of the game, atleast for me.

I wish I could find the post... but about 3 months back or so a blue actually did say that it was going to be changed in an upcoming patch. They said something along the lines of it being a graphical "bug" or such. I just remember at the time thinking " what's the big enough deal for it to be fixed? "

No alt-tab:> just get peggle addon from curse

Clearing 100% levels now >.<

Guys, I don't think you get it:

'Moonwalking': the graphical glitch where you appear to run backwards

'Backstrafing': Jumping as you strafe and turning 180º

They fixed the Moonwalking glitch.

Users who are viewing this thread