EU Healing Classes?

Mirox

Grandfathered
Greetings People. Im back from a very long break from wow, due to having a new born baby girl. Im slowly starting up my wow again and i will rolling a fresh 20. I will be Free to play for now. Is there any significent changes to healing classes at this patch? Are resto druids are any good these days?

Cheers. :)

The tiers probably go
Disc>rshaman>hpally>monk=rdruid

Druid is fun, especially if you like managing HoTs. Cen Ward+ rej and lifebloom while you regrowth spam can bring people back from nothing but it's not the greatest for handling burst. If an arms is on me its hard to stay up tbh. The stealth is great, the speed is insane. People will want you to FC so expect that. Bear form nets you 12k hp but you wont find a ton of time for that.

ty for info Hashbrowns. Donth wanna roll a disc. Heard there are many of them. ill probably go Rsham or Druid.

For what its worth, from a dps perspective i let out a real loud sigh of exasperation when i have to tackle a holy pally. Theyre hella annoying to deal with.

Disc just takes time but if i get on one, i know theyre dying. Pallys though? Theres a solid chance theyre gonna get away every time. Theres just a lot of kit there to deal with.

The tiers probably go
Disc>rshaman>hpally>monk=rdruid

Druid is fun, especially if you like managing HoTs. Cen Ward+ rej and lifebloom while you regrowth spam can bring people back from nothing but it's not the greatest for handling burst. If an arms is on me its hard to stay up tbh. The stealth is great, the speed is insane. People will want you to FC so expect that. Bear form nets you 12k hp but you wont find a ton of time for that.
^ Same tier list.
Rsham achieves maximum potential if you are able to keep Wind Shear up, but you will probably be too busy spamming healing surge. Rdruid and Monk have the most mobility, makes it much easier to run away, but heals are somewhat lacking.

Hashbrowns' tier is prob right.

As someone who's played disc since 4.3.4, it may be as powerful as it's ever been. Fast and powerful heals, great AoE cc. Holy is also really good, but disc feels practically invincible.

Rsham is really really fun. Your heals aren't as powerful as disc (though if you get in "the zone" you can get close) but you get amazing utility. Windshear is wonderful, and the slow totem is great in WSG and EOTS, and flame shock as a way to keep stealthier out of combat is great. I rolled a new Pandaren sham for the extra stun. Sure it lost purge in Legion, but it's still great. Is there another heal spec in the bracket with so much utility? So far, despite being a lifelong disc, I've been having so much fun with rsham the past few days.

MW is harder to get right. The heals are slower. It's okay for single target, but the current cast-time/dot-time/heal-per-cast is somewhat less than ideal. You get a lot of healing out if, but it takes longer to setup, and by then it may be too late. If you want to heal a team fight with another healer you can be useful, but a MW can't solo-heal the way Disc/rsham can.

Hashbrowns and I have played disc+rdruid combo in several games, and it can work. If he says it's fun, I'd take that as a good endorsement.

I'm ashamed to say, but I've only really heal'd a handful of games in retail wow, so I can't really comment on it.

For what its worth, from a dps perspective i let out a real loud sigh of exasperation when i have to tackle a holy pally. Theyre hella annoying to deal with.

Disc just takes time but if i get on one, i know theyre dying. Pallys though? Theres a solid chance theyre gonna get away every time. Theres just a lot of kit there to deal with.
100% agree.

On my rogue, I think they are the only ones who usually end up able to beat me or hold on long enough until help comes in.

Druids usually end up running, and I usually let them or speed pot to a quick kill if safe. Similar story with the others. I'm usually able to interrupt and quickly burst down the others.

Rsham is super fun. Play disc/rsham if you wanna have an impact, it seems everyone is playing warriors or survival atm.

Ty all for the feedback and info. This is what i like about you guys and the site. Anyways i rolled out and lvled all healing classes that are able at 20. Did i bit of Bg's/worldpvp and abit of pve. So I far im in love with my Rsham. ill probs stick with this guy. If i ever want to reroll, i have them all ready at 20. Cant say i wonth gear all the others for fun. Peace out. :)

Disc provides most powerful heals even without shadowmend, but not that easy to get away with hunters and warriors etc.
Rsham is great fun, great utility. windshear, slows, hot, dot, wolf form, less powerful heals than disc but a lot easier for you to get away. Personally my favourite.
Pally has much more powerful heals now than before.
Rdruids are good FCs. Honestly not that powerful healers.
I don't recommend monks. Heals are too slow, with tons of damage from hunters and warriors,it's far from enough. But MW can do some damage now and properly use roll may save your life sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread