Has anyone tried "chromie time" heroics?

strec021

Legend
I saw a streamer get into basically any heroic dungeon from TBC forward, with all mobs at level 53/54. You set the dungeon to heroic, zone in, then party sync with someone who is in chromie time, then all of a sudden the mobs scale to level 53/54.

I haven't tried to run any myself past trying to solo trash mobs (impossible on the character with which I tried), but perhaps there is an interesting challenge for people to try in the prepatch and potentially get some higher ilevel gear since the bosses are level 54/55.

Does that mean Wastewalker shoulders, gloves and matching boots, maybe the Bladefist and Master Thief’s Gloves and even the q item bracers with a socket from SL are available at 19/20? What about high level vanilla dungeons like BRD (Ironfoe and Hand of Justice)? Legion ring with 10%+ autoattack dmg from CoS could be interesting too.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting

and potentially get some higher ilevel gear since the bosses are level 54/55.

Wouldnt that come with correspondingly higher level requirement to equip? Just like a normal dungeon run?

When i run myself thru anything on a 50, the mobs still drop level 40+ or whatever loot for the 50 that my 10-20 cant equip... why would this be any different? Am I missing something more than higher level mobs? Loot system should be the same.

Based of the multitude of boost runs I've done with my 50 & 10's, seems to me @Warglave is probably correct that the items would scale to the Level of the NPC's dropping them, not the lower Level Character trying to loot them.

How to get the lower level into a heroic dung? Says "toy cannot enter this instance while participating in a timewalking capaign" Or is this just for the 50 trying to beat the 53's? Again mine cant kill a pack of mobs to test loot for the 50.

I'm actually not sure what the implications are for loot of the individual characters, but I do know that the mobs are 53/54 for ALL people in the dungeon. The catch is that the dungeon "requires level 53" to enter but if you enter the dungeon and then do the party sync, you bypass that. So all members running the dungeon have to be inside before it is synced.

The lower limit of lvl. for H dungeon of TBC is 30. (except for blood furnace with bugged 58lvl req in early patch but now it has been fixed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually not sure what the implications are for loot of the individual characters, but I do know that the mobs are 53/54 for ALL people in the dungeon. The catch is that the dungeon "requires level 53" to enter but if you enter the dungeon and then do the party sync, you bypass that. So all members running the dungeon have to be inside before it is synced.
I just soloed up to defeating the first boss in ramparts using this party sync method you talked about, with a mostly geared heroic paladin tank. It was very difficult, the mobs hit very hard. Nothing really was of note, all the BoE greens were around the normal ilvl and lvl requirement for 50s, pretty sure the same for the greys. I did notice that stuff seemed to be dropping much more often, and since it was scaled it gave lvl 50 gold value, so it could be good for some gold if your mythic geared potentially or if your in a party. The boss dropped normal lvl 30 ilvl 32 or 33 gear, so it wasn't scaled up for 50s even though he was lvl 55. There might be something that would scale up or down that could make it worth it, but it would take a bit more testing to find out and its really difficult/time consuming to solo heroic when its scaled. I also thought about trying mythics to see if it works with that, but with how difficult it was solo for heroic im gonna put a pause on that unless i can find a group to try it. The old mechanics of the bosses seem to work, so if you want a challenge attempting the old bosses you could use this for that too.

I just soloed up to defeating the first boss in ramparts using this party sync method you talked about, with a mostly geared heroic paladin tank. It was very difficult, the mobs hit very hard. Nothing really was of note, all the BoE greens were around the normal ilvl and lvl requirement for 50s, pretty sure the same for the greys. I did notice that stuff seemed to be dropping much more often, and since it was scaled it gave lvl 50 gold value, so it could be good for some gold if your mythic geared potentially or if your in a party. The boss dropped normal lvl 30 ilvl 32 or 33 gear, so it wasn't scaled up for 50s even though he was lvl 55. There might be something that would scale up or down that could make it worth it, but it would take a bit more testing to find out and its really difficult/time consuming to solo heroic when its scaled. I also thought about trying mythics to see if it works with that, but with how difficult it was solo for heroic im gonna put a pause on that unless i can find a group to try it. The old mechanics of the bosses seem to work, so if you want a challenge attempting the old bosses you could use this for that too.
Yeah, this was more the angle I was going for. You can essentially go do any of your favorite old heroic dungeons on a new "challenge mode." I would love to go see what the old tough ones like Arcatraz, Halls of Lightning (Loken, mostly), Stonecore, etc. have in store.

I discovered instances that have quests inside scale, I just ran ramparts on heroic, before turning the quest in I switched party-sync on and the quest reward got a bump in ilvl (some hands went up to ilvl 57). Maybe something to explore,

I discovered instances that have quests inside scale, I just ran ramparts on heroic, before turning the quest in I switched party-sync on and the quest reward got a bump in ilvl (some hands went up to ilvl 57). Maybe something to explore,
Did you solo it or clear with a group?

Users who are viewing this thread