Hardest thing to take down?

Whats the hardest class / gear setup to take down at 19? was thinking prot war stacking stam, but idk

anyone got any suggestions / char layouts?

Shammy, with the gear similar to this.

[char=Drenden]Vhex[/char]

Thread dead.

@OP

You'll have to define what you mean when you say "hard to take down". A mage could be hard to take down. One definition is standing in one spot using only cooldown abilities while letting a hunter unload

Another definition that might be closer to what you mean is a solo flag runner running in a straight line with a healthy mix of rogues, hunters, shammans, etc trailing behind beating on him with full dispel/purge spamming. In this case what class would last the longest? We have to assume that lifeblood, AGM, and possibly mining are constants

This is interesting because I think a Pally or Warrior would last longer than a Druid but they wouldn't make it as far.

Druids really have no CD abilites that would improve their survivability in bear form (maybe a bearform druid specced into Thick Hide ?). HoT's can be dispelled so they are essentially worthless in the above senario. Druids currently cannot be Dranei either so I guess we can bring race into this.

Pallies have Devotion Aura which can't be purged or dispelled and they also have LoH which is kinda like a reset button (may have to leave LOH out for this discussion). Pallies can be Dranei so Blessing of Naru would benefit them as it can't be removed. Divine Protection although a very nice CD ability can be dispelled.

Warriors have defensive stance which is a 10% damage reduction (all damage magic and melee) this is far superior to the paladin's devotion aura and is passive. A full armored warrior should have around 2000hp with 60% physical damage reduction. This would save loads of HP in the long run and I would be interested if anyone wanted to compare this passive damage reduction to LoH in terms of effective HP. It is would probably also make other abilities like lifeblood and BoN get more "bang for the buck". Shield Block is a very good ability but is most likely useless while running away from a pack of mobs.

Shammies have slows but no good abilities to improve survivability.

In the world of WSG we all know that druids and shammies make better FC's just talking theory here.

Alright, the above post is pro

i was meaning just being chased by the entire team and living

So, prot/shield warrior

Can i get a char setup for this? ive never really made a warrior before lol

depends what you want, generally if you want a "tank" sort of feel a warrior is best suited...it will take awhile to take down with all the damage reduction and a healer. a paladin is a bit more self sufficient of a tank with HoF/LoH/heals. a druid isn't a great "tank" but it's the most mobile class at 19, making it very difficult to take down as well.

Druiddroid said:
depends what you want, generally if you want a "tank" sort of feel a warrior is best suited...it will take awhile to take down with all the damage reduction and a healer. a paladin is a bit more self sufficient of a tank with HoF/LoH/heals. a druid isn't a great "tank" but it's the most mobile class at 19, making it very difficult to take down as well.

This is a nice summary. Druids are the hardest to take down IMO as well, but they don't have the "tank" feeling.

Druiddroid said:

I'm finding druids are a bit easier to take down than Shaman as long as I try to keep in melee and answer each shift with a wingclip. They invariably go OoM quicker than I do. With Shaman, escaping isn't as mana reliant since all they need is a supporting snare class and escaping snare spam becomes a simple task.

Conrose said:
I'm finding druids are a bit easier to take down than Shaman as long as I try to keep in melee and answer each shift with a wingclip. They invariably go OoM quicker than I do. With Shaman, escaping isn't as mana reliant since all they need is a supporting snare class and escaping snare spam becomes a simple task.

druid's travel form costs 29 mana if specced, i dunno how they go OOM that fast

plus if you are really keeping up with them on wingclips then they are doing it wrong

nah

since vanilla and till now its holy pally hands down. 8v2 holy pallies we won untill he got the 100% debuff.

Conrose said:

hunters smart enough to clip-spam me make me sad :(

Druiddroid said:
druid's travel form costs 29 mana if specced, i dunno how they go OOM that fast

plus if you are really keeping up with them on wingclips then they are doing it wrong

Part of it is synching my wing clips with their form shifts. A few games with any one druid allows you to catch on to individual shift habits and get a wing clip within fractions of a second of a shapeshift. Additionally it's not as if I only catch them at 100% mana... the majority of the time they spent significant portions of their mana keeping themselves up or their teammates... so to place myself ahead of them while I have plenty of mana usually ensures that either A: I run them low or out of shifting/healing mana, or B: I can keep them slow long enough for a significant portion of my team to bear down on the druid and their convoy.

Wing Clip is 25 mana so it doesn't eat up mana in such a terrible way as well... I do keep a TCS with Int in my inventory for just such occasions that it is necessary.

imo shammy is pretty tough to take down.

Granted, a shammy cannot stand right in the pile and get beat on like classes with more armor can, but they are much more able to "control" a fight than any other class. they can come in when they want, and if it doesn't go in their favor, they can just totem and run away.

Heeljoo said:
hunters smart enough to fear me make me sad :(

here you go mate, i fixed it for you.

Edit: druids and paladins last the longest in premade situations, where there are heals coming in, mobility is availible and the opposition in floundering in earthbind. Solo tanking goes to paladins, with LoH and heals, followed by druids. Mobility goes to druids then shamans. Druids are vastly more moblie than shamans, untill they oom, then shammys overtake them. Druids can get out of snares and slow effects, shamans can't.

Users who are viewing this thread