GY farming wrecks Q times.

Brego

Legend
First, let me be clear I’m not opposed to pinning the team down, whether it’s mid or GY, anywhere as long as my team is actively capping the flags.
Now to my point, I play both Alliance and Horde. I’ve noticed that a few games will pop, then one side will decide to farm the other then the Q times become atrociously long because the side that got farmed won’t re-Q and who can blame them?
Who wants to wait a long Q only to be farmed? This applies to all brackets, if you want quicker Q times don’t farm or stall on capping flags.
Please don’t wreck Q times, or worse yet our entire bracket, by being farmers.

Totally agree, GY farming on a twink is pretty distasteful and it has been happening a fair bit in this new bracket. There's a few names in particular on EU that do it religiously but they'll straight up leave games once they get a bit of competition. On the flipside, lot of levelers will see certain twinks and just /afk out of the bg to avoid a presumed farm fest.

Queue times are atrocious, but I'm still holding endgame responsible right now (still soo much to do!!)

Something to also consider is how often you can get into a game with just levelers v levelers and you'll see one side GY farming the other ALWAYS. It's almost like some kind of natural instinct for levelers to go straight to farming GY if they didn't get oneshot by another leveler?? Weird math idk. Many will legit flame you for asking them to stop, too.

Totally agree, GY farming on a twink is pretty distasteful and it has been happening a fair bit in this new bracket. There's a few names in particular on EU that do it religiously but they'll straight up leave games once they get a bit of competition. On the flipside, lot of levelers will see certain twinks and just /afk out of the bg to avoid a presumed farm fest.

Queue times are atrocious, but I'm still holding endgame responsible right now (still soo much to do!!)

Something to also consider is how often you can get into a game with just levelers v levelers and you'll see one side GY farming the other ALWAYS. It's almost like some kind of natural instinct for levelers to go straight to farming GY if they didn't get oneshot by another leveler?? Weird math idk. Many will legit flame you for asking them to stop, too.
I could call out names too, but…

It seems majority of twink brackets experience this issue and is generally the leading reason for those brackets to die and/or q's stop completely. Has happened for the past 10+ years in almost every twink bracket and its the reason 60s died recently for an example. As much as those single braincelled/minded individuals dont understand, any form of regulates games and certain avoidances that the general community respects, gives the bracket a better chance at longevity. 80 bracket currently has established some form of regulation and respect amongst the bracket in terms of gy camping/gatekeeping and has proven so far to benefit bg pops. End of the day, every bracket will have those few selfish individuals who simply gy camp out of their own illogical personal gain, once bracket dies, they move onto the next. Thats unfortunately the life of a twink bracket.

It's unfortunate to see it happening with 10s right now, but i do encourage some form of regulation as mentioned above to ensure bracket stability and bg queues can continue on. its been proven in prior brackets and continues to support a healthy twink bracket!

Cheers :)

80 twink guildie of mine mentioned hes been on his 10 twink a bit and the other night got 6-7 good twink games in a row. not sure if its specific queueing certain times/nights but was nice to see this bracket still getting pops! Cheers all

Users who are viewing this thread