guys, how do you feel about 24's on YOUR team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glancealot

Legend
i messaged this 20 F2P lock in a game trying to explain that i wanted to wait till our FC reach our base before killing their 900hp rogue FC.

he returned with "don't whisper me".

i work my ass off to win every single game, yes, every single WSG or AB, sometimes i carry my team against multiple 24's with timely returns in WSG and assaults/defends in AB

but somehow, there is this F2P attitude i am experiencing:

a, emote spam and etc from enemy F2P's when they kill me.

b, friendly F2P's simply don't appreciate what I do at all.

i really don't understand. i am always happy to see an objective F2P teammate because all i care about is winning games, why won't F2P twinks feel the same way about me?

f2p or gtfo

i really don't understand. i am always happy to see an objective F2P teammate because all i care about is winning games, why won't F2P twinks feel the same way about me?

paying $15 a month to win....

it's a video game son

you some kind of uglie nerd who really cares about winning in games ay?

also gtfo.

paying $15 a month to win....

it's a video game son

i don't pay 15 a month just to play 20-24...

although this 24 rogue is one of the three characters i play regularly now.

i don't pay 15 a month just to play 20-24...

although this 24 rogue is one of the three characters i play regularly now.

yeah it looks like you also pay 15 a month to play the 55-59 bracket

no surprise someone like you needs to clutch at lv59 for better gear and enchants....

shakin my head, seems like you care so much about this video game

nothin to say, we're done here

i messaged this 20 F2P lock in a game trying to explain that i wanted to wait till our FC reach our base before killing their 900hp rogue FC.

i work my ass off to win every single game, yes, every single WSG or AB, sometimes i carry my team against multiple 24's with timely returns in WSG and assaults/defends in AB

Its not that i hate level 24's on my team, its just that i want them to get out of the bgs and roll a lvl 20 trial account :p

24s are like nuclear weapons, no one wants them, but because the other side has them, you need them too.

Blizzard lets players buy in-game items with IRL cash, but never progression gear, special combat effects, abilities, or anything which gives real advantage in PVE or PVP.
Why? because if they did, people would be encouraged to compete with money by buying the best available rewards. In other words, WoW would be "pay to win".

Now, since you're asking for f2p opinions, please try to see this bracket from our point of view: for a true trial, someone who plays only f2p on the official servers, 1-20 is not a small part of the game. 1-20 becomes the ENTIRE game, and almost everything outside our BG bracket is functionally irrelevant. F2p's get a much smaller game, with fewer pieces of gear and several impenetrable limits on what we can do to compete in pvp. Paid accounts can do things way beyond those limits, and most paid accts play at 90, worlds away from the 20-24 bracket.

However, a small number of paid accounts choose to stay in our range, to play in the small space Blizz allows us to use for free. Instead of competing in 90 pvp, or any of the other brackets (all of which have 1 level ceiling, as opposed to our 2 different ones) 24 twinks consciously choose to fight against mostly inferior enemies. The difference is not in any kind of skill, or anything in-game at all: 24s are better because they pay, and we do not. Therefore, from the f2p point of view, ALL 24s are paying for an easy advantage in pvp, whatever faction they're on.

Like many of my f2p brethren, I recognize that the enemy has 24s too, and it would be even worse if we didn't have some of our own. However, that doesn't mean our 24s deserve respect or fairness from us, not while they remain a necessary evil counteracting the greater annoyance of having 24s in the bracket at all.

Most f2p is about pvp, so pvp skill is appreciated. As such, we still respect 24s who play well, but it's harder to TELL if you're playing well when you have so many huge performance bonuses which you get by paying IRL money. Therefore, I advise you:

Don't expect respect.

Its not that i hate level 24's on my team, its just that i want them to get out of the bgs and roll a lvl 20 trial account :p

if they have the extra $15 a month and they want to reach fullest potential on their toon, i don't really see what's so wrong about that.

i mean, 24's aren't yelling at you for "freeloading" or "dragging your team down, as in, if you played a 24 of the same class, you'd be more effective".

24s are like nuclear weapons, no one wants them, but because the other side has them, you need them too.

i like this analogy, tempted to like it. but i don't usually like people's posts.

I don't care what level you are.

Get on EFC, defend FC or GTFO so we can get someone who can do any of those extremely complicated tasks.

...for a true trial, someone who plays only f2p on the official servers, 1-20 is not a small part of the game. 1-20 becomes the ENTIRE game...

...Like many of my f2p brethren, I recognize that the enemy has 24s too, and it would be even worse if we didn't have some of our own. However, that doesn't mean our 24s deserve respect or fairness from us, not while they remain a necessary evil counteracting the greater annoyance of having 24s in the bracket at all....

Don't expect respect.

if respect isn't expected, then why is my "evil counteracting" expected? i could just say "haha noobs, get owned by that enemy 24 druid's flag running while i simply camp noobs at their graveyard".

but see, i don't do that. i return on average 2 flags a WSG and assault/defend a lot in AB, to carry your free toon to victory, to make your "entire game" more pleasant.

and that is the difference between a freeloader(you) and a paying customer(me): the paying customer is a tiny bit more responsible and mature.

i don't expect you to be as responsible or mature, but respect is given when due. and in this bracket, it is not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reasons people don't like other players: Rude, egotistical, entitled P2P attitude, GY farming, severe advantage.

Some of those are 24 exclusive from my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread