Guide to Farming F2P BoEs from Chests

Shutup, shit-stirrer

Coming from a hardcore botter that's comical genius brah. Really, what do people do on these forums outside the stickies do except troll the shit out of each other? Nothing, because it doesn't happen. I post something and stupid people think it's wrong. So i say it again and they get angry at me. Who you gonna call?

I didn't really "farm" the Ashenvale chests persay to get my Magician's Mantle. I just left my toons out there, and checked the chest whenever I logged in. I would actually queue for BGs from out there as well. If i remember correctly, some of the items I remember getting from the 3 chests near BFD, and the chest near the Rings of Argas demon, were:

1x Magician's Mantle

2x Trollbane Leggings

2x Brawler Gloves

1x Night Watch Shortsword

1x Lil Timmy's Peashooter

2x Keller's Girdle

2x Silver Linked Footguards

1x Gargoyle's Bite

1x Band of Purification

1x Thorbia's Gauntlets

1x. Feet of the Lynx

1x Redbeard Crest

1x Sentry Cloak

1x Skeletal Club

1x Twisted Chanter's Staff

1x Drakewing Bands

1x Ranger Bow

1x Black Velvet Robes

1x Dreamsinger Legguards

1x Orb of Mistmantle

So as you can see, these Ashenvale chests seem to drop blue items between the iLvl of 21-28, at least thats what it seems like to me from my experience.

Certainly a lot more promising as far as the iLevels go, compared to Hillsbrad. What are the spawnpoints near BFD?

Certainly a lot more promising as far as the iLevels go, compared to Hillsbrad. What are the spawnpoints near BFD?

Spawn points for Runestone Treasure Chests, outside of BFD:

http://www.wowhead.com/object=207533

*EDIT:*

Hmmm, after clicking the link, you might have to click on "Ashenvale" to see the map markers.

The loot you get is by zone. All 20-25 zones drop the same loot from the chests. The reason I prefer Hillsbrad is the number of chests found for time and effort spent seemed to be the most favorable. All 20-25 zones drop 16-24 items.

Regarding 7: Can anyone confirm that a chest really spawns there? Checked it multiple times now outside the cave but never found one =/

Or is it inside?

Regarding 7: Can anyone confirm that a chest really spawns there? Checked it multiple times now outside the cave but never found one =/

Or is it inside?

Inside. 2 spots.

When I did, what I assumed was, 7 it was inside a broken tower with an ogre in it. I never found any in the cave itself.

Allright, maybe I better leave 7 out then ^^

I made some SS from the other spots I found tho
<

1:

wowscrnshot111111065612.jpg

3:

wowscrnshot110711062231.jpg

4:

wowscrnshot110511075629.jpg

5:

wowscrnshot110411074745.jpg

6:

wowscrnshot111111065133.jpg

7: Mialo was right, 2 spots inside the cave
<

wowscrnshot111511055237.jpg

wowscrnshot111411163455.jpg

8:

This one is from the town hall (the talestt building in the north of the village)

wowscrnshot111611052031.jpg

The other chest is found in a small house located next to the acre (a few meters west from the village)

9:

wowscrnshot110411080215.jpg

10:

wowscrnshot110511080331.jpg

wowscrnshot110611094342.jpg

I saw the first ghost chest at 10 almost every time I went there. I'd kite/stun the elemental and loot without wasting time killing him. Even though I checked every time, I never saw the chest in the last ghost pic. I opened ~75 chests total. Once I got what I was after I stopped looking obviously. I mention this just to put my never seeing the cave chests into perspective. Just because I didn't see them, doesn't mean they never spawn there.

I would use this route instead Nuster with the exception of starting at the northern crater houses if you've found chests there as there are no spawns along that shoreline or in Dun Garok. It's probably a lot safer too because you're not running through the level 30's around the mountain.

hillsbradsturdytreasure.png

I've found a chest at #2 so I know it's legit. Also thanks to B00nsky for the screenshots. Does anyone have screenshots of #7 and the two chests at #8? Since I don't know exactly where to look I leave them out of my rotation.

EDIT: Chest #5 is legit too.

I've found a chest at #2 so I know it's legit. Also thanks to B00nsky for the screenshots. Does anyone have screenshots of #7 and the two chests at #8? Since I don't know exactly where to look I leave them out of my rotation.

EDIT: Chest #5 is legit too.

Made some SSs a while ago, but forget to post them here.

I updated my post above with the desired locations (;

Glad there is real proof chests spawn there now. Thanks for your pictures boon.

Here is a picture for duskwood (i already posted it but meh) if anyone wants to use it. It shows both Sturdy Treasure chests and i think Silverbound ones. Either way, there are 2 types of chests shown on the map. A lot of them share spawn timers. This one has a lot of spawn locations i've never seen chests spawn, mostly everything west of twilight grove. The southern locations are legit though. I can make up an ashenvale (or wetlands) one if people want, but a lot of the chests that do spawn are guarded by red level mobs or are multiple add pulls to loot them.

duskwoodtreasurechests1.png

Glad there is real proof chests spawn there now. Thanks for your pictures boon.

Here is a picture for duskwood (i already posted it but meh) if anyone wants to use it. It shows both Sturdy Treasure chests and i think Silverbound ones. Either way, there are 2 types of chests shown on the map. A lot of them share spawn timers. This one has a lot of spawn locations i've never seen chests spawn, mostly everything west of twilight grove. The southern locations are legit though. I can make up an ashenvale (or wetlands) one if people want, but a lot of the chests that do spawn are guarded by red level mobs or are multiple add pulls to loot them.

duskwoodtreasurechests1.png

Any chance we can get in-game screenshots of the spawn locations? Those dots aren't much help if you don't know where the chests can spawn.

The problem may very well be that Duskwood is a prime levelling zone, personally I soon only bothered with 8 (Albercombe's old shack, basically) as it's a short distance from Goldshire (and hence SW-Darnassus-Ashenvale and Dun Modr etc.).

Another Thread (with pictures) was made about Wetlands already (Scientific Treasure finding or smth), none yet for Ashenvale. Running the risk of sounding like a dick: pretty much the moment the pictures went live finding chests in Hillsbrad & Wetlands dropped considerably so perhaps sticking to descriptions might be best.

Sometimes your timing is just all wrong, and someone has beaten you to it. Whether it's a gold farmer, leveling noob or fellow F2P, it doesn't change the fact that the chests are in limited supply and sometimes you just won't find any. If you're struggling to find any, you may also want to consider the higher zones. They have a chance to drop 16-24s like these chests do, but they also have a chance to drop much higher items too, so your chance per chest is lower. Still, if you're not finding enough chests in the 20-25 zones, then it might be worth considering.

I've found 1 chest a day in Hilsbrad, and that's without camping, so I really don't think there's harm in posting SS's of chests. Besides, the quicker someone gets their BoE's the sooner they will stop farming.

Users who are viewing this thread