Guide to Farming F2P BoEs from Chests

Not to derail the thread again or anything

Fuck you let's go.

1. You legally own your battle.net account by making purchases through it. Blizzard has full rights to do whatever they see fit to do to it as stated in their terms of agreement when making a battle.net account and world of warcraft account/starcraft account/diablo account.

2. Sharing your account is against their code of conduct. But if they sue you, you can't go to jail for selling something you legally own. If they find out you sold the account they can and will ban the player IP in some cases if the offense is serious enough and close down the battle.net account. But if you've sold an account, who gives two shits if it gets banned.

3. Manipulating data is a jail sentence. Anything modified client side can get your account banned but again, if they decide to sue you, you can't be touched legally. Using model edits to change graphics client side is morally wrong but not a jailable offense, plus they have no way of telling if you did this. Using "hacks" to fly, teleport, noclip, track treasure chest nodes is server side and is the manipulation of outbound data. Blizzard CAN detect these types of "hacks" with their Warden rootkit and if they decide to sue you, you can go to jail for it.

I am not "dead wrong" i am "immortally right". These laws will never change, they will only be amended for future media technologies and we will cross that hurdle when we reach it. Many people on these forums like to bite the hand that feeds them but as the saying goes "Talk shit get hit".

Fuck you let's go.

1. You legally own your battle.net account by making purchases through it. Blizzard has full rights to do whatever they see fit to do to it as stated in their terms of agreement when making a battle.net account and world of warcraft account/starcraft account/diablo account.

2. Sharing your account is against their code of conduct. But if they sue you, you can't go to jail for selling something you legally own. If they find out you sold the account they can and will ban the player IP in some cases if the offense is serious enough and close down the battle.net account. But if you've sold an account, who gives two shits if it gets banned.

3. Manipulating data is a jail sentence. Anything modified client side can get your account banned but again, if they decide to sue you, you can't be touched legally. Using model edits to change graphics client side is morally wrong but not a jailable offense, plus they have no way of telling if you did this. Using "hacks" to fly, teleport, noclip, track treasure chest nodes is server side and is the manipulation of outbound data. Blizzard CAN detect these types of "hacks" with their Warden rootkit and if they decide to sue you, you can go to jail for it.

I am not "dead wrong" i am "immortally right". These laws will never change, they will only be amended for future media technologies and we will cross that hurdle when we reach it. Many people on these forums like to bite the hand that feeds them but as the saying goes "Talk shit get hit".

1. No, you don't own it.

2. Sharing with other than 1 guardian is against ToS, yep. You don't legally own it, but you can't go to jail.

3. I lol'd when you called Warden a rootkit because of how true it used to be. Also, ALL of those hacks are client side. There are no server side hacks. With that I'm done here, that "server side" comment alone proves you know not of which you speak and it's useless arguing with someone that doesn't have any idea what they're talking about. Good day.

Just so people don't get the wrong impression: Track Chests is available client-side, you're just unable to view the data yourself without something to read the memory for the chests. You don't need to edit the memory in any way. The same way LUA unlockers do nothing but switch some bits around to allow you to do stuff that is available to you client-side, just not naturally.

Thanks thirk, backing up his claims with half sentences and dismissing paragraphs of knowledge. I was stating my claims from a theoretical standpoint which in essence, never change. You however are implying a great deal of literal practice with the context to be so up to date and knowledgeable about it that the meaning of entire words can be rewritten so suddenly without legal notice.

Thanks thirk, backing up his claims with half sentences and dismissing paragraphs of knowledge.

My main point of argument was tracking chests as a client-side locked "feature" that doesn't require any memory manipulation to unlock. That's the only thing I find a point in arguing. If someone else cares they can debate your other points.

That's great, except tracking nodes is in real time based on server information. If it's disabled for your game you can't put a client side hack on it to make little blips turn on when there is a chest there, they are either on all the time or off. Just like model edits. They aren't changing the item, just the graphic that is sent from the server to your client.

The only way tracking hacks can work is if they send data to the server that says "yes i can see these, tell me where they are" and it shows up on your client. It changes outbound data which is the manipulation of private data. You don't own the ability for your client to ask blizzards server if there is a chest at X spot and if it would so kindly indicate this with a graphic symbol.

Addons like gatherer are client side because the tracking node doesn't show up until you loot one at that place, and then when you do it will always be there regardless of if it is in the actual game.

Because i have gone into so much detail to explain simple mechanics for the fundamental of any computer application and you don't feel the need to argue on my other points it is safe to assume that i am correct in each of my statements.

Thirk vouching for me must mean something to you trolls.

That's great, except tracking nodes is in real time based on server information. If it's disabled for your game you can't put a client side hack on it to make little blips turn on when there is a chest there, they are either on all the time or off. Just like model edits. They aren't changing the item, just the graphic that is sent from the server to your client.

The only way tracking hacks can work is if they send data to the server that says "yes i can see these, tell me where they are" and it shows up on your client. It changes outbound data which is the manipulation of private data. You don't own the ability for your client to ask blizzards server if there is a chest at X spot and if it would so kindly indicate this with a graphic symbol.

Addons like gatherer are client side because the tracking node doesn't show up until you loot one at that place, and then when you do it will always be there regardless of if it is in the actual game.

Because i have gone into so much detail to explain simple mechanics for the fundamental of any computer application and you don't feel the need to argue on my other points it is safe to assume that i am correct in each of my statements.

Thirk vouching for me must mean something to you trolls.

Your client does NOT actually need to send any outbound data to tell the server you can view the chests. You ALWAYS have that information, it's just disabled clientside, just like the LUA protected functions.

What DOES need to be sent is if you use a legitimate tracking spell, the spell needs to be cast. However, you can test that the only reason for that is to check if the tracking is real by using the hack while lagging. It will still show up, currently connected to the server or not. I haven't ever tested this myself but will do so when the servers are back up. I am going by what MMOwned has taught me and reading through their memory editing sections for years.

That's all i want/need.

If you think they're not reliable then you haven't been there very long to see some of the good memory editing posts. I can prove you wrong when the servers you go up, or vice versa.

Considering how it's going so far (8th hour...luckily not consecutive), I could certainly use some luck with that Copper-dropping, Linen-hoarding, Speckled-Mushroom-abusing undead git Thistlenettle
<

Perhaps your dust has arrived Shift, as I finally got the Foreman to drop the Leggings about 30 minutes ago
<

Damn, there's an argument on almost every current topic.

..and look who's mostly involved ^.^

Who is Naeomie anyways?

He whines in practically every thread. Jesus man, can't you just have fun?

Why isn't this guy being banned for being a troll? All I ever see is negativity from every one of his posts.

Coming from a hardcore botter that's comical genius brah. Really, what do people do on these forums outside the stickies do except troll the shit out of each other? Nothing, because it doesn't happen. I post something and stupid people think it's wrong. So i say it again and they get angry at me. Who you gonna call?

Coming from a hardcore botter that's comical genius brah. Really, what do people do on these forums outside the stickies do except troll the shit out of each other? Nothing, because it doesn't happen. I post something and stupid people think it's wrong. So i say it again and they get angry at me. Who you gonna call?

every single opinion you've expressed on this forum has been wrong

i actually just went back through your post feed and laughed out loud at a few of them

it'd be legit if you were intentionally trolling but it's hilarious because you're not even doing it on purpose

6 pages on this topic, probably 3 of them filled with crap. WTG
<

Back on topic, has anyone tried farming in Ashenvale? I got my magicians mantle in Duskwood, but haven't seen a single chest since. I want to try a new zone, but not sure about Hillsbrad. I would be too crushed to open a chest and have it be an awesome blue.... that I can't use
<

So, is Ashenvale a pretty good spot? I saw the map on wowhead and it looks like a lot of chests spawn there. I just wanted to verify it was worth it before I went over there.

Haven't really started to farm 'for real' in Ashenvale, as I didn't like the Zone before and even less post Shattering. Duskwood is too crowded on the servers I play on.

An easy chest-spawn is atop the entrance to BFD, you can see the chest (if it spawned) right ahead of you if you follow the 'road' to the Instance. It has about 3 mobs nearby but being standard Naga no issue (not exactly a platoon of Stormpikes ;P)

Another one is near the barrow that contains the second Demon that you must rob to get your <> of Argas in SE Ashenvale, it spawns inside the hollow tree near the entrance. A demon spawns close to that spot, too, but that's the only one closeby.

Back on topic, has anyone tried farming in Ashenvale? I got my magicians mantle in Duskwood, but haven't seen a single chest since. I want to try a new zone, but not sure about Hillsbrad. I would be too crushed to open a chest and have it be an awesome blue.... that I can't use
<

So, is Ashenvale a pretty good spot? I saw the map on wowhead and it looks like a lot of chests spawn there. I just wanted to verify it was worth it before I went over there.

I didn't really "farm" the Ashenvale chests persay to get my Magician's Mantle. I just left my toons out there, and checked the chest whenever I logged in. I would actually queue for BGs from out there as well. If i remember correctly, some of the items I remember getting from the 3 chests near BFD, and the chest near the Rings of Argas demon, were:

1x Magician's Mantle

2x Trollbane Leggings

2x Brawler Gloves

1x Night Watch Shortsword

1x Lil Timmy's Peashooter

2x Keller's Girdle

2x Silver Linked Footguards

1x Gargoyle's Bite

1x Band of Purification

1x Thorbia's Gauntlets

1x. Feet of the Lynx

1x Redbeard Crest

1x Sentry Cloak

1x Skeletal Club

1x Twisted Chanter's Staff

1x Drakewing Bands

1x Ranger Bow

1x Black Velvet Robes

1x Dreamsinger Legguards

1x Orb of Mistmantle

So as you can see, these Ashenvale chests seem to drop blue items between the iLvl of 21-28, at least thats what it seems like to me from my experience. Also, I'm not quite sure how the respawn timer is for these chests, because as I stated above, I didn't exactly go out and try to travel from chest to chest to "farm' them. Well, I hope this helps someone wondering what type of blues are found in the Ashenvale chests. If not, and I just posted some useless info... then my bad, lol.

Good luck and happy chest hunting!

They are item level 21-29, requiring 16-24. There aren't that many that require 24, but there are a couple. If the level 21 thing ends up working out, then Dreamsinger Legguards would be pretty good there, especially if you like purple pants, and who doesn't?

Users who are viewing this thread