<Green> Alternative End-game EU Raiding

Falkor said:
firelands will probably require all epics. unless the bosses are majorrrrrrly tuned down they sound hard as fuck reading the guides from the ptr atm. i highly doubt greens will provide tanks with enough avoidance/mitigation for most raids, but certainly not firelands, and healers prolly wont have a big enuff mana pool or enufff mp5 to survive. dps might be ok in "BiS" greens if they know how to play their class perfectly, but it will still be less than a similar player in epics. not hating, just saying firelands will almost certainly be undoable, and even t11 raids will be hard as fuck if not impossible. even heroics like za/zg would be hard since its designed to have a min ilvl of 346 or w/e

do you guys have any toons fully geared out yet to see their stats or made any chardevs? would be interested in seeing what stats are looking like in your idea of bis greens for raidin

The main goal is simply to see how far we can push class mechanics in a raid fight. I would say T11 is enough of a challenge for now, though even if it's impossible to beat, it is still fun to see how far you can get in an encounter (for example try pushing through to a certain phase or boss health %).

Personally I think Argaloth is very well-doable and Halfus should be possible with some practise, Maybe some bosses in BWD as well. So far I haven't seen any encounter where a certain boss ability is simply too much and with the incoming nerfs to T11 in 4.2 I expect our odds of success will rise.

The only normal mode fight in t11 i see as an issue is nef, monstrosity, chim, and al'akir.

cho'gall is a joke with good dps.

Healer mana is gonna be the biggest issue. My paladin had 68k mana fresh at 85. This was back in early january where hpallys were to op. I had every 5m completed on hc within 48 hours. And my first halfus kill was heroic in early feb. What im trying to say is that after numerous nerfs to hpallys mana is a huge issue. Pallys werent the only ones who suffered too.

The nerfs seemed small but total hpally mana cost since 4.01 for all healing spells is around 15%. That aint small

Figure out how to stabalize healers mana & your fine.

Vinlann said:
The only normal mode fight in t11 i see as an issue is nef, monstrosity, chim, and al'akir.

cho'gall is a joke with good dps.

Healer mana is gonna be the biggest issue. My paladin had 68k mana fresh at 85. This was back in early january where hpallys were to op. I had every 5m completed on hc within 48 hours. And my first halfus kill was heroic in early feb. What im trying to say is that after numerous nerfs to hpallys mana is a huge issue. Pallys werent the only ones who suffered too.

The nerfs seemed small but total hpally mana cost since 4.01 for all healing spells is around 15%. That aint small

Figure out how to stabalize healers mana & your fine.

We have talked about healer mana a lot and we've come up with some decent mana-saving tricks, but suggestions are always welcome!

Rayu said:
Hello Twink Info!

This is the official recruitment thread for <Green>, a guild on Bronzebeard EU - Horde. We are an end-game Cataclysm raiding guild with one special feature: we only raid in Uncommon quality items, better known as "greenies". We are currently still in the process of levelling toons on our realm and we invite skilled raiders to join us!

Thank you for taking the time to read through our recruitment thread and we hope to see you in-game.

As far as when 4.2 hits and when/if you need more than greens for it to be even viable, have you considered running them a raid tier behind? What I mean is like Firelands is the T12 raid, when it hits perhaps run it in T11 gear? Just a thought.

capnmunch said:
As far as when 4.2 hits and when/if you need more than greens for it to be even viable, have you considered running them a raid tier behind? What I mean is like Firelands is the T12 raid, when it hits perhaps run it in T11 gear? Just a thought.

so basically what you're saying is... do what every other generic progression guild does at the beginning of a new raid being released?

really, I have to wonder if people think before posting.

capnmunch said:

What Sanitarium said; this wouldn't make us an alternative guild at all.

2 tiers behind would make sense but yeah t12 vs 359 gear is pretty much what happens for any casual guild and for the first few weeks of progression in firelands.

Stack priests with hymn of hope is my suggestion mwahahaha

8 priests >=D

Vinlann said:
2 tiers behind would make sense but yeah t12 vs 359 gear is pretty much what happens for any casual guild and for the first few weeks of progression in firelands.

Stack priests with hymn of hope is my suggestion mwahahaha

8 priests >=D

What about 3200 mp5 in combat shamans with mana tide totems

capnmunch said:
There is no reason whatsoever to be rude. I was just stating a thought.

And YOU'RE a mod? Really? I would think mods would, you know, have a little more tact.

as rude as his comment was he has a point. That is what every other guild does and if you do the latest content with green gear your alternate to a very low sense. Your more punishing yourself than anything. I dont personally think firelands is gonna be possible to do in greens til tier 13 or 14, at least til the big nerfs roll in

Users who are viewing this thread