GotN (FYI)

Thought this info may be of interest to some people. I found this on a publicly curated site (wiki) so take it for what it's worth. I believe it to be accurate.

Gift of the Naaru is a racial ability of the draenei. It heals a target over 15 seconds. The total amount healed depends on the character's level and is increased by either ~110% of the caster's attack power (22% per tick) or ~188.5% of the caster's spell power (~37.7% per tick), whichever bonus is higher.

1.make horde shammy

2.transfer alliance

3.win da game

Im abit lost here. You just telling common knowledge that anyone that bother looking any spells up could've said?

Why exactly did you post it? like what is it that you think people don't know?

Please, it looks like you have a respectable pally over there in EU and you usually seem to know what you are talking about. For some reason whenever I make a post to inform the community about something you don't seem to understand why i'm doing it (no offense)

I don't think people know how it scales. Your comment of "...that anyone bother looking up" should be emphasized, most people don't bother looking things up and have no idea how spells work. I for example didn't know how it scaled differently with spellpower vs attack power. I've heard that it heals anywhere from 300-700hp, based on this information and I now know it is heals closer to 400hp for a 380 AP melee class and about 250 for a 130 sp caster class (decent AP or SP for these respective classes).

I was talking to 4 veteran twinks in vent today and noone knew how it scaled so it's not common knowledge.

In my opinion one of the goals of this site is improve the knowledge base, flow of information concerning changes, perfecting twinks through theory crafting and facilitating discussions. I am merely attempting to inform the community. The information I posted in the OP was not the first search result in Google when I typed in "Gift of Naaru scaling" so at the very least it should generate page hits as well.

I would also be interested to know if this scales with a crusader proc. Thanks

Grabco said:
Please, it looks like you have a respectable pally over there in EU and you usually seem to know what you are talking about. For some reason whenever I make a post to inform the community about something you don't seem to understand why i'm doing it (no offense)

Everytime? I posted about 2 replies on posts. 1 being the simple that fact you hate having bad arena partners but don't queue with a decent one... Should be common sense mate. (Yet suprisingly many do it.. hmm)

Grabco said:
I don't think people know how it scales. Your comment of "...that anyone bother looking up" should be emphasized, most people don't bother looking things up and have no idea how spells work. I for example didn't know how it scaled differently with spellpower vs attack power. I've heard that it heals anywhere from 300-700hp, based on this information and I now know it is heals closer to 400hp for a 380 AP melee class and about 250 for a 130 sp caster class (decent AP or SP for these respective classes).

Aight.. Im just gonna let this picture of the ability speak for itself...

wikdjl.jpg

Grabco said:
I was talking to 4 veteran twinks in vent today and noone knew how it scaled so it's not common knowledge.

In my opinion one of the goals of this site is improve the knowledge base, flow of information concerning changes, perfecting twinks through theory crafting and facilitating discussions. I am merely attempting to inform the community. The information I posted in the OP was not the first search result in Google when I typed in "Gift of Naaru scaling" so at the very least it should generate page hits as well.

Out of fear starting a flame war. What kind of Veteran twinks are they, if they can't read the text on an ability they don't quiet understand? It has to be said, that's really.. really ... bad mate.. :(

Grabco said:
I would also be interested to know if this scales with a crusader proc. Thanks

If it scales with AP (Which it does) and crusader increases your AP, I'd give my 10 cents saying it stacks with crusader (about 99% sure). But you never know ;)

-Jaxel

PS. I understand you're trying to improve the community with information, but it just seems like there's more and more "useless" topics so to say, that I have to look through. I know "Just don't read it than!" but you never know when you might come across something interesting and useful.

he's just bringing to light something that many people are misinformed, or not at all, about

mainly the OPness of the scaling, with respect to twinks

This was front page news with the 3.1 (or was it 3.2?) patchnotes. Really unneeded topic, it's common knowledge now.

Lifeblood is a Heal over time ability available to sufficiently skilled herbalists. It is a free, instant heal that increases in power for every 75 skill points in herbalism. It does not scale with spell power, although it is affected by certain talents.

I won't start a flame war if you don't. I think we are having an interesting discussion, but what it comes down to is this:

in order to "see" how much it heals for on the spell (which is really easy to do as you have demonstrated with the picture) you have to test it empirically. It still doesn't say how it scales with AP or SP and in order to do that with your picture you would have to empirically test with gear and chants how different amounts of AP or SP change the amount healed in spell description.

The base heal IS 320 but the amount it heals for is increased based on the equation I have given which is not detailed in your picture. The total heal is then 320+~400 for a warrior with 380 AP.

Knowing the spell details and scaling factors can help people make decisions about gear and chants some ret pallies like to use 30SP or lots of agility (+15 gloves +25weapon) but I would argue for a draenei +15 str to weapon and +7 str on may be better and improve healing from GotN by a total of 48hp. Whereas 30 sp would benefit seal of righteousness damage more because this spells damage is determined by (AP*.022+SP*.044).

I made the OP because details matter when it comes to twinking. Some twinks don't care about +1 (pic a stat) here or there but +1+1+1+1+1+1 (pic a stat) here AND there does matter.

This may have been on a front page a while ago but I think it is more relevant now that faction changing is possible, and I don't remember the scaling details (although if they were included then I apologize for the repost)

Don't try to belittle the relevance of this post with Lifeblood sarcasm as we both know there is no spellpower or attack power coefficient associated with that spell.

I guess to determine if crusader changes things you could look at the spell description after a crusader proc?

Extra points for your civility, Grabco. It sets a good example for this site.

Folks, we have some very experienced twinks here. But if you want the community to expand, then a little review every now and then can help newcomers pick up something. Not many seem to know about the Wiki page that lists these coefficients, and that isn't even the whole story. For example, if you think a shaman's earth shield takes 285% of your bonus spell power, you'll miss the fact that the percentage gets divided by the number of normal charges of the shield (example from a different bracket, yes, but the point stands). That's something you only learn empirically or through someone else.

Or through helpful posts.

So keep up the good work -- the more players, the better the competition.

Bwappo

iaccidentallytwink said:
This was front page news with the 3.1 (or was it 3.2?) patchnotes. Really unneeded topic, it's common knowledge now.

One should think so, but maybe not.

Grabco said:
in order to "see" how much it heals for on the spell (which is really easy to do as you have demonstrated with the picture) you have to test it empirically. It still doesn't say how it scales with AP or SP and in order to do that with your picture you would have to empirically test with gear and chants how different amounts of AP or SP change the amount healed in spell description.

Well, the number doesn't change on the picture when you change AP / SP gear. So one could just go search "wowwiki gift of the naaru" on google and find the formula for it :p. Or try wowhead, many options.

Grabco said:
The base heal IS 320 but the amount it heals for is increased based on the equation I have given which is not detailed in your picture. The total heal is then 320+~400 for a warrior with 380 AP.

It doesn't show how much its effected by, no, just like any other spell mate :) If you wanna know how much bleed is increased by AP, you gotta look up formula as well. Just like any other spell. One can't post formulas for all twink spells here, or we'd have no other topics hehe.

Grabco said:
Knowing the spell details and scaling factors can help people make decisions about gear and chants some ret pallies like to use 30SP or lots of agility (+15 gloves +25weapon) but I would argue for a draenei +15 str to weapon and +7 str on may be better and improve healing from GotN by a total of 48hp. Whereas 30 sp would benefit seal of righteousness damage more because this spells damage is determined by (AP*.022+SP*.044).

So can it with many other spells :) Regardless, a holy pala will still have more SP than AP, and a ret pala more AP than SP. Which is the point :).

Grabco said:
I made the OP because details matter when it comes to twinking. Some twinks don't care about +1 (pic a stat) here or there but +1+1+1+1+1+1 (pic a stat) here AND there does matter.

Huh?

Grabco said:
This may have been on a front page a while ago but I think it is more relevant now that faction changing is possible, and I don't remember the scaling details (although if they were included then I apologize for the repost)

I don't recall it on front page, but

Wowwiki said:
# Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): The cast time has been removed; it is now an instant cast.

# Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): The amount healed is increased based on the caster's spell power or attack power, whichever is higher. In addition, the ability is now immune against pushback effects.

# Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): It now works with [Cosmic Infuser], but not with the shaman talent Healing Focus.

# Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Gift of the Naaru has been added to the game.

Grabco said:
Don't try to belittle the relevance of this post with Lifeblood sarcasm as we both know there is no spellpower or attack power coefficient associated with that spell.

I think that was his point mate. It's the same with GotN, just oppisit.... Get it ? ;)

Grabco said:
I guess to determine if crusader changes things you could look at the spell description after a crusader proc?

As mentioned before, tooltips doesn't change. You'd have to do calculations or do tests(calculations with formula's prolly abit faster and easier hehe).

I think that was his point mate. It's the same with GotN, just oppisit.... Get it ?

No i don't get, it i believe he was posting (in a sarcastic manner) something that is indeed common knowledge as a way to jab at my GotN post.

One can't post formulas for all twink spells here, or we'd have no other topics hehe.

Good points and discussions. I actually did go back and find the main page post and it did not give the details for this spell. Not all people know how to do a wiki search and use this site as their primary source of information regaurding twinks.

Grabco said:
No i don't get, it i believe he was posting (in a sarcastic manner) something that is indeed common knowledge as a way to jab at my GotN post.

Exactly. So you did get it :)

Grabco said:
Good points and discussions. I actually did go back and find the main page post and it did not give the details for this spell. Not all people know how to do a wiki search and use this site as their primary source of information regaurding twinks.

Well people can't expect TI to be a wowwiki. In my opinion anyway, would include me having to go through to much commonly known bullcrap to find the actual posts with news in them :p.

Maybe if the GotN was new, like "What does 3.3 do to 19 twinks?!" and then showed changes. But GotN have been like this since 3.0.

Common, old news. Hence why we think this might be abit of a spot waste.

old news. Hence why we think this might be abit of a spot waste

I guess we will agree to disagree about what is worthy of a post topic.

actually, even if its common knowledge to know that AP/SP does bring more healing, the Scalling (% of what it takes) is hidden well by blizzard and thus the coeficients are not known by the masses.

a good exemple is how a priest coeficient are strickly lowers then any other classes. thus why the priest needs more mana then spell power to effectively heal, while the other classes needs more spell power to effectively heal.

the coeficient, are not written in your little info bubble and thus needs to be known by looking at web sites which most people dont. just the simple fact that he did show us those coeficient is a good thing.

as for it being shown a few months back on th emain page, guess what its not on the main page anymore, and thus new people don't know it at all ! so that excuse is not valid either !

at least to me its not !

Users who are viewing this thread