Goodbye 19s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks, I enjoyed playing with you some...don't be offended personally but the warrior in me is happy that another hunter is out of the bracket. Only 175678561625612465 more to go.

my 1000th post

Hello, i did the exactly same on my old 19 twink named Stubs , had Guardian of Cenarius , Shadowfang , Riding turtle u name it ^^ all gfed gear, and ive tried anything i can to get it back or even get grandfathered items sended to an level 1,

Check out this thread its from the 39 forum but yeh could help you "http://twinkinfo.com/30-39-bracket/29894-transfering-grandfathered-gear-level-1-same-class-race-instead-delevel.html"

Ive mailed Wowconcerns and they told me there were different policys between EU & US so hopefully you have the luck to even get your grandfathered items to an level 1 if thats what concern you. made this account quick to give u some info

best of luck - Stubs EU!

Hahaha. Good riddance I say. You turned your experience on so you could go grief levelers, and you were dumb enough to level out due to an oversight? You're not a twink, you're a scrub. You made changes in 19 exp-off games only because you had healers following you around. You're like all of the other butt-mad hunters that leave games when your side isn't winning. True players stay around win or loss.

You're a slight bit better than most Alliance hunters I've run into like Agonist, Aotkum, Craycray, and Pizza, but the fact that you turned your exp on so you could go farm some free kills on levelers is low. You have lost my respect and the respect of any real twinks playing the 19 bracket. Leave the bracket and stay gone, we don't need you.

Stubs - That is a bit disheartening but it does still give me a little bit of hope; thanks.

Gliiese - I joined exp on battlegrounds to kill exp on players and just for something to do for when exp off queues stopped. So what? I did it because I wanted to play some games, and to have fun, not specifically for farming players. I would have preferred exp on games for the competition but it couldn't be helped. If you want to hate me for it, go ahead. I am a bit confused about how you say I leave games when I'm winning however...I stay in most games right to the end, unless I'm being heavily GY farmed, or occasionally if I'm just not in the mood. I understand some players like yourself will just not approve of what I did; but I play this game to enjoy myself, and so that's what I do. Deal with it.

Hahaha. Good riddance I say. You turned your experience on so you could go grief levelers,.

You do realize that the so called "griefing levelers" used to be exactly what twinking was. Separating the bracket almost killed twinks all together, and it actually did in every bg beside Ruin for quite some time. Granted having actual competition almost every game played now is imo a lot more enjoyable, but it does come with drawbacks of longer que times and games stopping in the early morning hours. Them turning their xp on during that time to have a bit of fun together and well...probably rp their way through it lol, is not some heinous crime that should be punished in such a way. Maybe you should worry a bit less about the crimes and reasons for strength of others and more about finding yourself some healer friends to que with. :)

I mean no offense to you friend just a bit of enlightenment upon and reminder of the history of twinking.

You do realize that the so called "griefing levelers" used to be exactly what twinking was. Separating the bracket almost killed twinks all together, and it actually did in every bg beside Ruin for quite some time. Granted having actual competition almost every game played now is imo a lot more enjoyable, but it does come with drawbacks of longer que times and games stopping in the early morning hours. Them turning their xp on during that time to have a bit of fun together and well...probably rp their way through it lol, is not some heinous crime that should be punished in such a way. Maybe you should worry a bit less about the crimes and reasons for strength of others and more about finding yourself some healer friends to que with. :)

I mean no offense to you friend just a bit of enlightenment upon and reminder of the history of twinking.

Goes to show how a large portion of the early twink community were really just griefers. The XP-off BGs were a godsend. Cull out the bad players crutchin on gear vrs levelers. Though you still see the mailbox hero levelers in the XP-on BGs. Luckily, most of them are more like a "rare elite" mob, high HP/zero skill.

Bob

Goes to show how a large portion of the early twink community were really just griefers. The XP-off BGs were a godsend. Cull out the bad players crutchin on gear vrs levelers. Though you still see the mailbox hero levelers in the XP-on BGs. Luckily, most of them are more like a "rare elite" mob, high HP/zero skill.

Bob

No one is condoning such an action to be done on any kind of a regular basis. A one off is just a bit of fun on their part, I have not heard of anyone worth of mention who does such actions consistently. Eventually the changes in the bracket turned out for the better yes, but it was a long road getting there and it definitely was not just "griefers" the community lost during that time. The moral of the story is that one decision, no matter how unethical of the twinking community it is these days, does not warrant such punishment to be wished upon anyone.

Heck...if we were all punished in such a way for every action we took that the community would not agree with, we would all ding every time we pushed the opposing team into their gy or controlled mid.

Have you tried saying you were hacked? That could work, in 2007ish I got a rogue delvl'd from 20 to 19 by playing that card. Ended up level the rogue to 70 anyway. I realize the gm policies have changed a lot but still worth a shot.

Interesting, I might try that out then, worth a shot, thanks.

Edit: Nope, still a no go, GM said the usual crap about how he was sorry about what happened but can't de-level characters. I think I may just have to reroll, thanks though.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one is condoning such an action to be done on any kind of a regular basis. A one off is just a bit of fun on their part, I have not heard of anyone worth of mention who does such actions consistently. Eventually the changes in the bracket turned out for the better yes, but it was a long road getting there and it definitely was not just "griefers" the community lost during that time. The moral of the story is that one decision, no matter how unethical of the twinking community it is these days, does not warrant such punishment to be wished upon anyone.

Heck...if we were all punished in such a way for every action we took that the community would not agree with, we would all ding every time we pushed the opposing team into their gy or controlled mid.

I mostly agree with this, except if the advent of XP-on /XP-off BGs caused a % of twinks to quit there can only be so many causes for them quitting.

Option 1: They were only twinking to kill undergeared players, this new BGs made that more difficult.
Option 2: They tried the XP-off BGs right away, but due to the lower amount of players in the pool due to Option 1 and leveling characters, the queue's didn't pop, they got bored and moved on.

So you're right. I was using far too broad of a brush.

Bob

Gliiese - I joined exp on battlegrounds to kill exp on players and just for something to do for when exp off queues stopped. So what? I did it because I wanted to play some games, and to have fun, not specifically for farming players. I would have preferred exp on games for the competition but it couldn't be helped. If you want to hate me for it, go ahead. I am a bit confused about how you say I leave games when I'm winning however...I stay in most games right to the end, unless I'm being heavily GY farmed, or occasionally if I'm just not in the mood. I understand some players like yourself will just not approve of what I did; but I play this game to enjoy myself, and so that's what I do. Deal with it.

If you wanted to "play some games" you should have played an 85. Those bgs are on par with the competition you might have found in a 19 exp-on game, except you might have actually found some competition at 85 instead of steamrolling. The ONLY reason to play a fully geared best in slot twink in exp-on bgs is to farm kills and pretend you're some sort of godlike player to all the people leveling through. You can make up excuses about wanting something to do but come on, you literally just said what your goal in doing so was.

I'm well aware of what twinking used to be, but that's exactly the point I'm making. It used to be a way of griefing levelers, but it's evolved into more than that. Now it's the home of mostly competitive and competent players, and deliberately leaving that behind to "have fun" in exp-on bgs is just lame.

I didn't 'choose' exp on over exp off; I was just playing it late at night for fun when bgs topped popping. I have no interest in end game, been there done that, whether it be pvp or pve. That's it. Plain and simple. Now you're probably going to make some other lengthy response to this but to be honest, I just don't care anymore, I am free to play how I wish; I'm not looking for your approval. I won't respond to your posts any longer.

Hahaha. Good riddance I say. You turned your experience on so you could go grief levelers, and you were dumb enough to level out due to an oversight? You're not a twink, you're a scrub. You made changes in 19 exp-off games only because you had healers following you around. You're like all of the other butt-mad hunters that leave games when your side isn't winning. True players stay around win or loss.

You're a slight bit better than most Alliance hunters I've run into like Agonist, Aotkum, Craycray, and Pizza, but the fact that you turned your exp on so you could go farm some free kills on levelers is low. You have lost my respect and the respect of any real twinks playing the 19 bracket. Leave the bracket and stay gone, we don't need you.

U1: You grief levellers even if you aren't a fully geared twink. I've been levelling my hunter to 24 in the past few days and I've seen hunters in exp on BG's just as well geared as twinks.
U2: We're all humans, not perfect WoW nerds who's lives are centered around this game.
U3: You're calling one of the best hunters in the bracket a scrub? Someone like you, who hasn't even made a name for himself? lol
U4: Untrue. Play more games when Discover is a game changer even when he doesn't have healers.
U5: Still untrue. You're like the butt-mad mages that QQ about hunters all the time by the looks of it.
U6: He is not camping anyone in quest areas. Levellers quest or dungeon. It is well known from 10-24 exp on BG's that the winning side farms, and they know that they have to deal with it. This ain't twink BG's.
U7: Who gives a damn about your respect? I also like how you speak for the rest of us twinks in the bracket. Discover always has, and still has the respect of most twinks in the bracket. That number of twinks is more than the amount of people who even know who you are.
U8: Speak for yourself.

And back to the OP. I feel sorry for ya Discover. Still hope to see you around in the future. Try sending in a ticket asking for them to send all your gear on to a new character :p

- Snèaky

Oh hey go fk yourself with a rake :)

yo discover i know u live in auckland so if u ever wanna playmy 19 hunter come round ill shout u a dak to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread