US Gnomer run

I did it guys! I doubt it's doable without fel gear, and on a class other than Holy Paladin, maybe MV monk (idk about their healing but needs to be through the roof to survive enrage at Mek, but maybe with their mobility...), and maaaaaybe BM hunter, though outstanding pet micro and mouseover ability macros to clear bots before they reach you/pet would be a total must here. Unless bots disappear if you kite them long enough, then fair game.

Video is speed x4,5 cause fights took over 7 minutes on bosses (11min Mek), but starting at 5:30 it's real time for a clutch finish.

Also, hi @Chops I stole a part of your vid I hope you're not angry <3

I've done it solo on my hunter in BM/Surv.. I thought it would be impossible as surv in the beginning because of the bombs.. in the end it was Way harder as BM.. Because i can't outheal the bosses dmg on my pet.. However in Surv when i kill those bombs me and my pet regain 15% of our max HP as a HoT.. that + mend pet and having a tanacity pet with Harden skin makes me outheal the boss.. so actually rly easy on a surv atm... because of those bombs.. but yeh.. surv is OP af.

Is it something about mage that makes it impossible to do these kind of high level dungeons?
Yes, mages suck right now. It's unfortunate but you couldnt have picked a worse class to try and solo content :(

Hopefully they get a boost in BFA. I miss seeing mages in BGs.

What other classes are suited for tackling higher level dungeons and which are not?
Druid, Pally, Monk, Hunter aaaaaaaaaaand maybe shaman?

"Soloing 1/10
Group Fights: 1/10"

Pfffftttt. Fantastic, haha!

Yes, mages suck right now. It's unfortunate but you couldnt have picked a worse class to try and solo content :(

Aww, that's a real shame. I thought the high level mob miss chance was inherent to all classes, I didn't realise mages suffered so much! It's nice to see this thread and how other classes can deal with high level mobs though, I had no idea!

Unfortunately Mage is the only Level 20 twink I have but very well. Maybe things will look brighter in the future and they sort out the atrocious miss chance, or I'll just stick to running away from mobs when exploring the high level overworld.

"Unfortunately Mage is the only Level 20 twink I have but very well. Maybe things will look brighter in the future and they sort out the atrocious miss chance, or I'll just stick to running away from mobs when exploring the high level overworld.

If you're not terribly attached to your mage, making and gearing a new twink takes an afternoon. You could make a new druid (my recommendation for exploring high level zones) and be ready for running around in no time at all. And honestly, you'd be in better shape today than a twink made, say, a year or so ago.

If you're not terribly attached to your mage, making and gearing a new twink takes an afternoon. You could make a new druid (my recommendation for exploring high level zones) and be ready for running around in no time at all. And honestly, you'd be in better shape today than a twink made, say, a year or so ago.

Such a twink would be all well and good, but I would probably miss my Fel gear too much. And of course having to start afresh with all of the other little accomplishments I'm half way through, like exploring the map, professions, rare GF'd items, reputation, etc.

But I was thinking... are there any engineering bombs, trinkets, etc that might be good for soloing? I haven't really looked into them thoroughly so I am unsure of their HH values.

I've never really tried these properly but perhaps bombs could work for soloing or is it pretty much as futile as my mage spells?

Last edited:
Such a twink would be all well and good, but I would probably miss my Fel gear too much. And of course having to start afresh with all of the other little accomplishments I'm half way through, like exploring the map, professions, rare GF'd items, reputation, etc.

But I was thinking... are there any engineering bombs, trinkets, etc that might be good for soloing? I haven't really looked into them thoroughly so I am unsure of their HH values.

I've never really tried these properly but perhaps bombs could work for soloing or is it pretty much as futile as my mage spells?

I completely understand on the GFd part, but the hit won’t be fixed. It’s been like that since the beginning, but could be fought with +hit gear. Now that’s not possible.

But don’t despair, and don’t reroll. Understand that mage can’t high high level stuff and... focus on foes at or not much higher level than yours.

If you’re any bit like me, getting that kill on an alt won’t really feel like success. I’d stick with your twink and make it work :) sure, the targets won’t be level 60+ or you won’t solo gnomeregan, but there are very challenging elites at lower levels too. And if you’re EU I’m sure you’ll have a blast at a raid organised by @Embu even as a mage!

If you want to try solos, try and kill any Wailing Caverns bosses like Kresh. Then try a level-two higher. SFK. Maybe some outside world elites. I think Yetimus the Yeti lord kill as a mage would be very challenging, but because he isn’t much higher in levels, you would still hit often.

Try it. Play with it. Change specs. Try kiting. Try bursting. Try stacking arcane on critters beforehand. Try engineering. Get consumables. Have fun!

Thanks to all who turned up. We cracked a lot of skulls in Gnomer last night / morning ;)
Check out these bad boys that dropped for me :-
upload_2018-6-4_8-50-35.png

Only problem, it was my F2P toon..............
I may bring my Vets next time in the event some cool rares drop again.
We may be able to get one more run in at the start of July before we start getting all the BFA hype!
Till next time! :)

Thanks to all who turned up. We cracked a lot of skulls in Gnomer last night / morning ;)
Check out these bad boys that dropped for me :-
View attachment 7521
Only problem, it was my F2P toon..............
I may bring my Vets next time in the event some cool rares drop again.
We may be able to get one more run in at the start of July before we start getting all the BFA hype!
Till next time! :)
damn I need 24 petrolspill legs for my toon I guess I should get to farming them

I have a question, I feel like I am out of the loop. Is it possible to do Gnomer on a purely f2p character? I was under the impression this content was locked or am I mistaken?

I have a question, I feel like I am out of the loop. Is it possible to do Gnomer on a purely f2p character? I was under the impression this content was locked or am I mistaken?
You can but you have to run to the instance. Its not available via the group finder.

You cant use any of the gear that drops either BUT you do get credit for the transmog. At least for now.

You can but you have to run to the instance. Its not available via the group finder.

You cant use any of the gear that drops either BUT you do get credit for the transmog. At least for now.
Thanks, I may do a couple of runs in the future, odd that it isn't available via the group finder...

If anyone wants a lazy F2P healer for a Gnomeregan run, feel free to add my Battle.net tag.
FatAl#12976

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread