Gloves of the Fang or Foreman's Gloves?

Alleu

Legend
:confused: Gloves of the Fang seem better but people seem to be using foreman's gloves

The 5 expertise is much more worthwhile as it causes your enemies do dodge or parry your gouges less (gouge requires you to be in front of your target) as well as any other strikes that you may not be able to get behind your target.

for rogue and enh foremans

for feral fang

but why, im a rogue and Gloves of the Fang have more agility and stamia the only thing diffrent is that foremans gloves have like hit rating or some stat

Foreman's are trash unless you can cap Parry rating. If not, there's always going to be the chance that your game changing play just gets parried. So, farming Foreman's for months or spending 3-10k on the AH, is probably a complete waste of time.

Foreman's are trash unless you can cap Parry rating. If not, there's always going to be the chance that your game changing play just gets parried. So, farming Foreman's for months or spending 3-10k on the AH, is probably a complete waste of time.

it takes months to farm right

more like 2-3 days

What are you talking about...? 5 expertise from the gloves reduces parry AND dodge chance of your opponent by 2.50% each...that's 5% more chance that your gouge (or other strikes from the front) will go through...

And with the farming, if you're dedicated it shouldn't take more than a couple of days killing him in between queues.

i agree with sneaky 100 percent. all that extra stat from the gloves of the fang will b useless compared the foremans simply because u will be hitting more wit foremans, hence causing more dmg.

What are you talking about...? 5 expertise from the gloves reduces parry AND dodge chance of your opponent by 2.50% each...that's 5% more chance that your gouge (or other strikes from the front) will go through...

And with the farming, if you're dedicated it shouldn't take more than a couple of days killing him in between queues.

You have a base 5% chance to be blocked or parried. If you don't reduce that 5% chance to 0% through expertise, you still have a chance to be parried. Which means when it counts most. So going from 5% to 2.5% isn't accomplishing that, and thus a waste. It's garbage. You can tell yourself it's helpful, but the reality is that it's not. 95% of all your attacks aren't going to get parried anyway, and there is literally zero predictable or worthwhile difference between hitting 95% of the time and hitting 97.5%. You still have 2.5% chance to miss, and it will happen when it matters most.

That's why people cap expertise @ 85. Getting within 2.6% of cap is a waste of time. According to you, they shouldn't bother capping expertise, because 2.5% is good enough.

when i farmed mine i got them within 5 hours and i bought some for 450g

What Hurrx said pretty much, rogues need the expertise for gouge and more abilities overall but especially gouge. Druids don't have attacks that have to be done from the front and generally don't have problems to stay in the opponents back so fang for druids imo. Ferals are quite squishy anyways with barely no survivability abilities and 20% less dodge than rogues.

If you're a rogue rocking fangs, you know that a parry can cost you 200 damage. The agi means nothing if you are not landing anything. Getting 2.5% away is the best we can do currently, so that is what we will go with. If you have ever PvEd at all in any sort of decent guild, you know that hit rating is the most dps-beneficial stat until cap (i play a mage) regardless of spec and i assume the majority of classes. In the beginning of expansions, when hit cap is extremely hard to aquire (17%) it was best to min/max your hit rating at 15% as an arcane mage before gemming that extra hit was too much of a dps loss.

Rogues in this bracket are all about the burst they can put forward in a matter of a few seconds, and if you told me one of my 200 white hits was going to get parried, i wouldnt even bother opening.

You have a base 5% chance to be blocked or parried. If you don't reduce that 5% chance to 0% through expertise, you still have a chance to be parried. Which means when it counts most. So going from 5% to 2.5% isn't accomplishing that, and thus a waste. It's garbage. You can tell yourself it's helpful, but the reality is that it's not. 95% of all your attacks aren't going to get parried anyway, and there is literally zero predictable or worthwhile difference between hitting 95% of the time and hitting 97.5%. You still have 2.5% chance to miss, and it will happen when it matters most.

That's why people cap expertise @ 85. Getting within 2.6% of cap is a waste of time. According to you, they shouldn't bother capping expertise, because 2.5% is good enough.

Dude what are you going on about...? Your logic is terrible. 2.5% less chance to parry is still useful even if you aren't capped...Would you rather not have it at all??

Foreman's is the only decent piece of gear with expertise anyways so I don't know how you are proposing to get expertise capped.

What Hurrx said pretty much, rogues need the expertise for gouge and more abilities overall but especially gouge. Druids don't have attacks that have to be done from the front and generally don't have problems to stay in the opponents back so fang for druids imo. Ferals are quite squishy anyways with barely no survivability abilities and 20% less dodge than rogues.

also because feral auto attacks hit for very low (bout 70 or so) while a rogue hits for ~140, and u gain energy back from when an enemy dodge/parries an ability anyway.

ferals auto attacks are based on sustained damage, a 70 hit every 1.5 sec, while a rogue hits more bursty, 140 every 3 sec. this is another reason why exp isnt the best for druids

also the movement speed grant u higher opportunities to hit ur target from behind rather than in front where as the exp is worth nothing

mostly for gouge tho

Dude what are you going on about...? Your logic is terrible. 2.5% less chance to parry is still useful even if you aren't capped...Would you rather not have it at all??

Foreman's is the only decent piece of gear with expertise anyways so I don't know how you are proposing to get expertise capped.

You can't get expertise capped, that's the point, and the reason why Foreman's are trash.

Yes, because halving the chance that your gouge will be be avoided by casters/healers is clearly trash.

Yes, because halving the chance that your gouge will be be avoided by casters/healers is clearly trash.

You have to group queue to face off against pugs, and then you AFK out to avoid losses. I don't think anything you say has any relevance anywhere.

Chance to get parried is still there, increasing the chance not to get parried from 95% to 97.5% is not effective. You still get parried when it matters most.

Users who are viewing this thread