Getting disconnected in SW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i have some troubles with beeing in SW on Aerie Peak. Getting booted from the game there. Try to log back in and get booted out again.

Now seeing as several people have the same problem, with people going offline and comming back online frequent, i guess its not me alone.

Not sure if this is an EU peoples problem. I would like to know if anyone has these disconnections, it can be dam annoying.

I made a ticket ofc but ya know its the delete this folder and update your drivers and if that doesnt work reinstall the game blablabla.

I just have the feeling, since ive done all these things, its just the trial or just me beeing on an US server from the EU since i dont have these disconnections at all in SW on EU realms.

I would suggest if you are having these disconnections to make a ticket to gm's so that they can do something about the problem. The more people report it, the sooner they will be looking at it.

Server might just be going down. Even me being US I've had my home realm go down similarly.

Yah, Last night I kept getting DC on my 60 twink.

Was werid.

And im US paid account.

Was a whole differnt realm too.

had the same problem, and it was coz my wow wasn't patched, downloaded. since i downloaded a new client instead of just changing realmlist... so i changed realmlist on my orginal, EU folder, and it works perfect :)

could be because your (me included) are running trial wow and when theres a lot of people in SW we have to download all their items etc, making it boot us out instead of crashing

Med'an said:
could be because your (me included) are running trial wow and when theres a lot of people in SW we have to download all their items etc, making it boot us out instead of crashing

Yeah i was kinda thinking the same. But this was not said by the 1st degree of gm's i spoke, neither the next one from the tech department : /

Is Aerie Peak high population? Might boot you because it's taking paid account above trials.

Or this could be due to some random glitch, did you get into a place you shouldn't? I remember getting DC'd a lot when jump on trees or random stuff like this.

Could try to run without addons to see if it's addons causing this.

It happened only in SW, im avoiding it now. Aerie Peak is a medium server the server select screens is telling that.

I did all the things allready wich can be found on the wow tech forums. It all didnt help so was playing without adds bank.

So i guess its what Med'an said or something similar.

Happened to me a few times... that's probably just the high population.

Btw I'm on a paid account, so they aren't booting to let payers in.

Another reason why this is happening was given to me a month ago by a GM on my real account:

on every toon i went on i experienced no lag or any problems until i went into SW, where i would be DC'd and then when attemtping to relog be frozen on loading screen. i woulkd have to get a GM to unlock character on anoither toon everytime.

After like the 30th unlock the Gm said he realized that i had done this alot (Really? Why didnt the 7th GM notice?lol)

Turned out that my installation of WotLKforgot a single file relating to SW and that was the cause of problems.

GM sent email with file as fix and everything worked.

I dont know if that makes sense, or if the typos iriitated you enough that you stopped reading, but sut trying to help.

The point of this: ask a GM for the SW file or w.e to be emailed to you.

Had this happen to me. I am a Trial account too. This was the solution Blizzard sent me.

Hey again :Alliance::Alliance:!

We have located the exact cause of this happening in Stormwind though and it appears it is related to your character only being on a Burning Crusade account. :x Don't worry though! You don't need to purchase the other expansions to fix this. We have a pretty simple workaround to fix all of your Stormwind character problems for good! :)

This is something that you may want to do after you are done playing and before you go to bed as this can take quite a long time to fully patch all the updated files.

First, open up your C drive on your computer then navigate to Program Files -> World of Warcraft (or wherever you first installed this on your computer). Then open up the WTF folder. You should have a Config.wtf file in this folder. Open this up with notepad.

Somewhere in this file in Notepad there should be a line that says:

SET accounttype "XXXX"

In the place of the X's put in CT

(Don't forget to make sure your game is closed when you do this!)

After changing that line of text, save the file. Then open back up World of Warcraft.

It should prompt a big download of a ton of information. All of this is needed to prevent these issues from happening. Just simply let this finish downloading. :) Once it is finished, log back in and your problems should be solved!

If you still have trouble, REPLY back! Ask for a Tech Support game master, and we can have someone from tech help. :) They can chat in game, and work with you directly. I am sending this first as some of these steps they will ask you to try before they can try other steps.

Best Regards,

Game Master :Alliance::Horde::Alliance::Horde:

Blizzard Entertainment

Blizzard Support

-----

Afterwards I've never DC'd in Stormwind again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread