EU+US Get a 109 ready for Pre-Patch

I read this and the "101 v 109" thread. I don't see that there is a consensus. At least not as of this last posting June 8.

Any new ideas, given the PTR results? Or still no way to tell.

I have a level 100 boost I haven't used, but plan to in the next few days. Right now, I expect to continue on to 109, but I'm open to suggestions.
I plan to boost with engineering, but any other profs you'd recommend? I have access to a sub-WoD (525) miner, but I'm assuming I'd need Mining, as usual for Engineering.
Assume I stay in the bracket (<=109).
Thanks

PS: It's a PvP server, atm, if that makes a diff.

Last edited:
My char is currently low 40s. I'm waiting to get to 60 to boost, so I can get the profs boosted, also. Advice on a second profession? Engineering+???. Like most here, I really only care about iPvP and wPvP. Thanks

P.S. I have access to a couple garrisons with their mines, if that makes a diff.

Last edited:
My char is currently low 40s. I'm waiting to get to 60 to boost, so I can get the profs boosted, also. Advice on a second profession? Engineering+???. Like most here, I really only care about iPvP and wPvP. Thanks

P.S. I have access to a couple garrisons with their mines, if that makes a diff.
i have jc on my druid and i chose that because when i made him you could still use the jc only trinkets and statues in bg’s.

BFA pvp looks to be using the actual character stats and not the templates.

if it was legion stats - 101 >> 109 due to the secondary stats.

Secondary stats though on BFA appear to be have been hit so dam hard, as their main focus is on the main primary stats, generally higher Ilvl = more powerful.

using that logic, 109 should destroy a 101 in BFA BGs, even using the majority of 101 BoE gear their other slots would be higher therefore, stronger toon

My boost-in-progress is still only upper 40s. I can get to 60 before the patch, and then boost. I could get to 101, but doubt 109.
1) Is there any urgency to boosting before the patch? Or I can keep on with my other stuff?
2) I saw sevenohseven's comment about a secondary prof (the char currently has JC, actually). Any other ideas for Engineering+___? Again, destined for 101 or 109.
I have very limited experience above 100, btw.

I’d just try and get it b4 prepatch ends. There might be some prepatch only gear available

On prepatch I found the tanaan jungle crystal thing to be better than focuser

I'd also like to know if anyone on beta has gotten BFA gear on their 109. Maybe try warlock summons?

hey so best bet is to save the boxes tell 109 or farm them at 109?
Just wanted to let you know, unless something has changed i don't believe you actually gain the stats from those gear except the base stats. Could be a bug/glitch or disabled, unsure about that. It says you gain the increased stats, but when you check your stats you don't actually gain anything. If it actually did scale, then most pieces i imagine would be BiS.

Ok so where would we look for bis gear. Looks like 109 is the pvp level. Would we have to wait tell bfa cuz of quest gear maybe?

Ok so where would we look for bis gear. Looks like 109 is the pvp level. Would we have to wait tell bfa cuz of quest gear maybe?
At the moment, PvP power/ PvP resilience gear(preferably with sockets) is looking to be BiS, not including trinkets.

Users who are viewing this thread