EU+US Get a 109 ready for Pre-Patch

Tom Ganks

Prepatch could potentially reward GFd twink gear to brackets and 109 has huge potential of being the new thing, just as every high level that's ended in '9' when a new expansion drops due to quest gear availability. Also be sure to slap a boe or boa legendary on one.

fZEYlYF.jpg

So should I get my 101 to 109 then?

I'd wait and see if 101s are still worth keeping, unless you didnt put much effort into one.

I'm still waiting on the answer on whether or not they'd still be relatively strong after patch. My 101 has about 1.5 mil into it, and I don't wanna level it unless I'm sure it's gonna get nerfed to hell.

He has 1.6m hp and 10% leech on live survers atm

That doesn't seem too geared so I guess it wouldn't hurt to level. ur choice
This is based on just a hunch that 109s will be a thing. We still don't know yet

Hes 165 on beta, just messing around with talents and that atm will let you know how it goes.
[doublepost=1528476302,1528476215][/doublepost]Cant solo the trash in EoA sadly :( even with my legendary

Hes 165 on beta, just messing around with talents and that atm will let you know how it goes.
[doublepost=1528476302,1528476215][/doublepost]Cant solo the trash in EoA sadly :( even with my legendary

That's not a good sign... What's the highest ilvl titanforge you have? And what are its stats compared to a non TF?

Showing 166 for a TF and a non TF is 163 ish around there
[doublepost=1528476746,1528476694][/doublepost]But theres no toon of mine at 109 I can see a difference

Prepatch could potentially reward GFd twink gear to brackets and 109 has huge potential of being the new thing, just as every high level that's ended in '9' when a new expansion drops due to quest gear availability. Also be sure to slap a boe or boa legendary on one.

fZEYlYF.jpg

It’s almost as if we all shoulda just gone 109 in legion... lol

But yea man, I think this is a good idea to say the least. If 98/99s could get new things in legion, I don’t see why not 109s in BFA. Maybe some of the TF 101 gear will still be BIS for 109s so possibly all is not lost. If a new weap comes out for 109s that’s better than art weap with 2 “bugged” relics (810/910+) then that will be a major loss.

So when pre-patch drops, we will be able to see for sure if the 101 TF gear is comparable or better than CURRENT avail 109 gear. Only problem is say I level my 101 to 109 because some of my gear is still BIS for 109s. But then xpack drops and 109s get opened up to a whole new set of gear possibly, that would just replace those 101 pieces. Now I just leveled my 101 for no reason...

This makes my head hurt.

It’s almost as if we all shoulda just gone 109 in legion... lol

But yea man, I think this is a good idea to say the least. If 98/99s could get new things in legion, I don’t see why not 109s in BFA. Maybe some of the TF 101 gear will still be BIS for 109s so possibly all is not lost. If a new weap comes out for 109s that’s better than art weap with 2 “bugged” relics (810/910+) then that will be a major loss.

So when pre-patch drops, we will be able to see for sure if the 101 TF gear is comparable or better than CURRENT avail 109 gear. Only problem is say I level my 101 to 109 because some of my gear is still BIS for 109s. But then xpack drops and 109s get opened up to a whole new set of gear possibly, that would just replace those 101 pieces. Now I just leveled my 101 for no reason...

This makes my head hurt.

Seeing how @Charicore is stating how inferior 101 gear is even when titanforged, I'd honestly be happy to replace them with 109 quest gear. Hell, maybe even 108.

101 has been such a damn gold sink with little to no return in available content or 110s to murder (seeing how most 110s outgear us). I've been so bored with 101 this xpac, I'm likely to just go ahead and level my hunter to 109. Couldn't care much if artifact wep with 810 sockets get replaced because that would only mean we'd have a much better weapon to wield. Who knows they might toss in some cool little relics for us twinks so our artifact weapons don't become useless.

Copying your characters into the Beta right now will bug your bonus IDs and show the wrong item levels; to fix this you NEED to put your gear into void storage before copying your character over - Unfortunately you cannot put your artifact into void storage yet.
upload_2018-6-8_18-53-13.png

This is my 910 relic - the squishing is most definitely bugged here.
for comparison these are some other items.

upload_2018-6-8_18-58-15.png

This is an 890 necklace without copying through void storage
upload_2018-6-8_18-53-53.png

This is an 890 necklace after copying through void storage

upload_2018-6-8_18-56-35.png

These are 845 on live

Copying my character normally gave me 187 ilvl - copying with my items in void storage gave me 227 ilvl, of course my wep is still bugged so I can't see what ilvl the relics should be but we'll have to wait until all the bugs are gone. Regardless, 101 is still trash in BFA so far (as expected) but even testing on my other twinks was pretty weird.

Edit - I'll do some more testing when I have some time - Simple#2116 or Simple#0001 on discord if anybody wants to do some testing with me :D

Copying your characters into the PTR right now will bug your bonus IDs and show the wrong item levels; to fix this you NEED to put your gear into void storage before copying your character over - Unfortunately you cannot put your artifact into void storage yet.
View attachment 7585
This is my 910 relic - the squishing is most definitely bugged here.
for comparison these are some other items.

View attachment 7599
This is an 890 necklace without copying through void storage
View attachment 7586
This is an 890 necklace after copying through void storage

View attachment 7598
These are 845 on live

Copying my character normally gave me 187 ilvl - copying with my items in void storage gave me 227 ilvl, of course my wep is still bugged so I can't see what ilvl the relics should be but we'll have to wait until all the bugs are gone. Regardless, 101 is still trash in BFA so far (as expected) but even testing on my other twinks was pretty weird.

Wait is PTR updated? Or do you mean beta?

Anywho, I think I'd want to put all my gear in void storage before pre-patch hits on all my toons after seeing this..

111 will probably be better.

When WOD dropped, 91 was the big thing.

When Legion dropped, 101 was the big thing.

look at the pattern.

111 will probably be better.

When WOD dropped, 91 was the big thing.

When Legion dropped, 101 was the big thing.

look at the pattern.

91 and 101 were better for wPvP. 89 and 99 were better for instanced pvp.

I’ll suspect it would be the same this time around unless they fix instanced gearing.

I’m not willing to level my prized main 110 to 111 unless I know that 111s will be fun. 101s were fun for being op for their level, but we’re mediocre in instanced pvp and didn’t have much to do in the world other than AP grinding and dung boosting. And 101s can’t even beat most 900+ ilvl 110s, as opposed to when 80s and 85s could beat 90s in duels back in MoP, AND destroy in bgs

Users who are viewing this thread