Games like this are not fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem like good people Bonopo

It's a combination of skill and class. Both are factors. As I said, three half geared Hunters that are not in vent and not coordinating are a very different than three geared Hunters coordinating targets and CC in vent with the rest of their team.

We can avoid this from happening. Rubikz, Lrig, and Pizza do not *have* to queue on Hunters with an already stacked team. They *choose* to do so. This choice is detrimental to skill balance and, consequently, Horde morale. If the Horde team is down a player, one of these three could *choose* to sit, instead of allowing a Warrior to sit. As well, they could *choose* not to queue at all, knowing that there are other Hunters already in queue. They could *choose* to play different characters, or, dare I say it, hop to the other faction to try to balance skill.

I have nothing wrong with losing, but getting rolled to the point of being unable to get across mid is a different matter. When the skill is that consistently imbalanced, it's detrimental to the health of the bracket. When I see that Horde are going to roll the Alliance based off my realid, I volunteer to go Alliance and ask 1-2 friends to join me to balance skill levels. I realize I may very well lose in the effort. But to me, and for the bracket, it's much better to lose a close game, than to steam roll a win.

Heh last night i said screw it after being in 2 terrible games. Why play terrible games when i can play other games that are funner. Last night the horde sucked and had randoms and the allies had us outmatched, i could tell at the start of both of them that we were screwed.

Donteventrii said:
It's a combination of skill and class. Both are factors. As I said, three half geared Hunters that are not in vent and not coordinating are a very different than three geared Hunters coordinating targets and CC in vent with the rest of their team.

We can avoid this from happening. Rubikz, Lrig, and Pizza do not *have* to queue on Hunters with an already stacked team. They *choose* to do so. This choice is detrimental to skill balance and, consequently, Horde morale. If the Horde team is down a player, one of these three could *choose* to sit, instead of allowing a Warrior to sit. As well, they could *choose* not to queue at all, knowing that there are other Hunters already in queue. They could *choose* to play different characters, or, dare I say it, hop to the other faction to try to balance skill.

I have nothing wrong with losing, but getting rolled to the point of being unable to get across mid is a different matter. When the skill is that consistently imbalanced, it's detrimental to the health of the bracket. When I see that Horde are going to roll the Alliance based off my realid, I volunteer to go Alliance and ask 1-2 friends to join me to balance skill levels. I realize I may very well lose in the effort. But to me, and for the bracket, it's much better to lose a close game, than to steam roll a win.

Except your whole history of posting shows that you do in fact have a problem with losing. If its not one QQ post its another. And when the horde were consistently rolling post Detox how many times did you log alliance. You've avoided that question repeatedly. The answer is you didn't. You also didn't QQ about faction balance either.

Ohai said:
Honestly? We can't begin to discuss bracket improvement because we can't even agree on the source of the issue. You can't implement a solution until there is some kind of near consensus on the problem.

Naht gonna happen. There are people denying that hunters are overpowered... still. It's been a constant since... as long as I can remember.

I miss Lloyd's posts, they were always pretty funny to read.

I think that's a little misconstrued. An overabundance of hunters is certainly overpowered.

soskanky said:
Except your whole history of posting shows that you do in fact have a problem with losing. If its not one QQ post its another. And when the horde were consistently rolling post Detox how many times did you log alliance. You've avoided that question repeatedly. The answer is you didn't. You also didn't QQ about faction balance either.

I made an Alliance Mage. Herp. And how many weeks were there between Detox and MB? 3?

Donteventrii said:
I made an Alliance Mage. Herp. And how many weeks were there between Detox and MB? 3?

You dodged my question again, derp. It was at least 5 weeks of horde having the decidedly upperhand. How many times did you log over and play alliance side during those 5 weeks? How many posts did you make about faction balance during this time? Your record speaks for itself amigo.

soskanky said:
You dodged my question again, derp. It was at least 5 weeks of horde having the decidedly upperhand. How many times did you log over and play alliance side during those 5 weeks? How many posts did you make about faction balance during this time? Your record speaks for itself amigo.

You were around, weren't you?

soskanky said:

Eh just for the sake of fairness and to help the guy off the ropes he did make a lot of posts about it in between eating ban hammers and such. Just about all of them got deleted tho.

I need a date for "when the Horde started rolling". I can go back and check the screenshots of every game I've played since making this toon and check the ratios.

Lol. I wasn't playing 29s but I was certainly keeping current with the bracket via forums and realid as well as vent lurking. Your response has no relevance to the question at hand.. You should start a new guild called Robo Gym IMO.

Alot of dodging going on.

soskanky said:
Lol. I wasn't playing 29s but I was certainly keeping current with the bracket via forums and realid as well as vent lurking. Your response has no relevance to the question at hand.. You should start a new guild called Robot Gym IMO.

Alot of dodging going on.

Dodge number two. When would you like to set the dates for DetoX's exodus and MB's entrance?

That's right, you weren't playing 29s. Who were you speaking with on Real-id? I'm guess their biased perspective and that anecdotal evidence makes you an expert on the happening of 29s?

soskanky said:
How many times did you play alliance side when horde have had the upperhand?

Twice? Three times? It's low because the Horde are routinely getting rolled. I'm usually the ONLY person to be CONSISTENTLY calling targets/CC in Horde vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread